- Volume 15 Issue 19
DOI QR Code
Incidence of Cancers in Kuzestan Province of Iran: Trend from 2004 to 2008
- Amoori, Neda (Abadan School of Medical Sciences) ;
- Mirzaei, Masoud (Yazd Cardiovascular Research Centre, Shahid Sadoughi University of Medical Sciences) ;
- Cheraghi, Maria (Social Determinants of Heath Research Center, School of Public Heath, Ahvaz Jundishapour University of Medical Sciences)
- Published : 2014.10.23
Background: Cancer is an increasing cause of mortality and morbidity worldwide. Incidences of common cancers has been growing in different provinces of Iran in recent years but trends in Khuzestan which shares a border with Iraq and is located in south west of Iran have not been investigated. This study aimed to assess secular changes in incidences of common cancers in Khuzestan province from 2004 to 2008. Materials and Methods: Data were collected from Khuzestan cancer registry which is a branch of Iranian Ministry of Health Cancer Registry (http://ircancer.ir) for the period 2004-2008. Data were presented as incidence rates by site, sex, age, using the crude rate and age-standardized rate (ASR) per
- Abdifard E, Ghaderi S, Hosseini S, Heidari M (2013). Incidence trends of colorectal cancer in the west of Iran during 2000-2005. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 1807-11. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.3.1807
- Akbari M, Abachizadeh K, Khayamzadeh M, et al (2008). Iran cancer report. Tehran: Cancer Research Center. Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences.
- Arndt KA (1996). Cutaneous medicine and surgery. San Francisco: University of California San Francisco.
- Atrkar-Roushan Z, Kazemnejad A, Mansour Ghanaei F, Zayeri F (2013). Trend analysis of gastrointestinal cancer incidences in guilan province: Comparing rates over 15 Years. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 7587-93. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.12.7587
- Bertuccio P, Chatenoud L, Levi F, et al (2009). Recent patterns in gastric cancer: A global overview. Int J Cancer, 125, 666-73. https://doi.org/10.1002/ijc.24290
- Castellsague X, Bosch F, Munoz N, et al (2002). International agency for research on cancer multicenter cervical cancer study group. male circumcision, penile human papillomavirus infection, and cervical cancer in female partners. N Engl J Med, 346, 1105-12. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa011688
- Colditz GA, Sellers TA, Trapido E (2005). Epidemiologyidentifying the causes and preventability of cancer? Nature Reviews Cancer, 6, 75-83. https://doi.org/10.1038/nrg1505
- Kamangar F, Dores GM, Anderson WF (2006). Patterns of cancer incidence, mortality, and prevalence across five continents: defining priorities to reduce cancer disparities in different geographic regions of the world. J Clin Oncol, 24, 2137-50. https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2005.05.2308
- Goldberg LH (1992). Malignant Skin Tumors. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 89, 569.
- Haidari M, Nikbakht M, Pasdar Y, Najafi F (2012). Trend analysis of gastric cancer incidence in Iran and its six geographical areas during 2000-2005. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 13, 335-41.
- Hajiani Eskandar S, Rahim M, Jalal H, Mehrdad A, Rajabi T (2006). Clinical profile of gastric cancer in Khuzestan, southwest of Iran. World J Gastroenterol, 12, 4832-5.
- Kaviani A, Ghadiri F, Iranpour N, Shadloo Z, Rabbani A (2011). Breast cancer research in Iran; essential data to organize research. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 12, 3129-31.
- Mehrabani D, Tabei S, Heydari ST, et al (2008). Cancer occurrence in fars province, southern Iran. Iranian Red Crescent Medical J, 10, 314-22.
- Mikaeili J, Malekzadeh R, Ziad Alizadeh B, et al (2000). Prevalence of helicobacter pylori in two Iranian provinces with high and low incidence of gastric carcinoma. Arch Iranian Med, 3, 10.
- Mould R (2001). Depleted uranium and radiation-induced lung cancer and leukaemia. Br J Radiol, 74, 677-83. https://doi.org/10.1259/bjr.74.884.740677
- Nikbakht R, Bahrampour A (2013). Colorectal cancer trends in Kerman province, the largest province in Iran, with forecasting until 2016. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14 ,791-3. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.2.791
- Parkin DM, Bray F, Ferlay J, Pisani P (2005). Global cancer statistics. Cancer J Clin, 55, 74-108. https://doi.org/10.3322/canjclin.55.2.74
- Siegel R, Naishadham D, Jemal A (2013). Cancer statistics. CA: A Cancer J Clin, 63, 11-30. https://doi.org/10.3322/caac.21166
- Omranipour R, Alipour S, Hadji M, Bagheri K (2014). Two decades of experience with ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast in the cancer institute of Tehran, Iran. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 2771-6. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.6.2771
- Sadjadi A, Zahedi M, Nouraie M, et al (2007). The first population-based cancer survey in kerman province of Iran. Iranian Journal of Public Health, 36, 26-34.
- Safaee A, Moghimi-Dehkordi B, Fatemi S, Maserat E, Zali M (2011). Family history of cancer and risk of gastric cancer in Iran. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 11, 3117-20.
- Slaoui M, Razine R, Ibrahimi A, et al (2014). Breast cancer in Morocco: a literature review. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 1067-74. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.3.1067
- Somi M, Golzari M, Farhang S, Naghashi S, Abdollahi L (2014). Gastrointestinal cancer incidence in east Azerbaijan, Iran: update on 5 year incidence and trends. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 3945-9. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.9.3945
- Somi MH, Mirinezhad K, Farhang S, et al (2006). Gastrointestinal cancer occurrence in East Azarbaijan: a five year study from North Western Iran. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 7, 309.
- Tehranian N, Shobeiri F, Pour FH, Hagizadeh E (2010). Risk factors for breast cancer in Iranian women aged less than 40 years. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 11, 1723-5.
- Red Meat Intake and Risk of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma: A Meta-Analysis vol.15, pp.23, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.23.10421
- Changing Trends of Types of Skin Cancer in Iran vol.16, pp.12, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.12.4955
- Increasing Trend in Colorectal Cancer Incidence in the Southeast of Iran 2003-2013: A Population Based Cancer Registry Study vol.16, pp.13, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.13.5257
- Effects of Definitive Chemoradiotherapy on Respiratory Function Tests and Quality of Life Scores During Treatment of Lung Cancer vol.16, pp.15, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.15.6779
- Incidence, Trends and Epidemiology of Cancers in North West of Iran vol.16, pp.16, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.16.7189
- Lack of Association between Using Aspirin and Development of Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma: A Meta-analysis vol.16, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.2.787
- Epidemiology and Trend of Cancers in the Province of Kerman: Southeast of Iran vol.16, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.4.1409
- Stressful Life Events and Risk of Colorectal Cancer: A Case-Control Study of Iran vol.16, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.6.2403
- Prostate Cancer in Iran: Trends in Incidence and Morphological and Epidemiological Characteristics vol.17, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2016.17.2.839
- Epidemiology and trend of common cancers in Iran (2004-2008) vol.26, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1111/ecc.12449
- Risk assessment of heavy metals bioaccumulation: fished shrimps from the Persian Gulf vol.36, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1080/15569543.2017.1312451
- Pinus massoniana bark extract inhibits migration of the lung cancer A549 cell line vol.13, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3892/ol.2016.5509