- Volume 15 Issue 19
DOI QR Code
Flavonoids of Rosa roxburghii Tratt Act as Radioprotectors
- Xu, Ping (Department of Pharmacy, Xinxiang Medical University) ;
- Zhang, Wen-Bo (Department of Pharmacy, Xinxiang Medical University) ;
- Cai, Xin-Hua (Department of Pharmacy, Xinxiang Medical University) ;
- Lu, Dan-Dan (Institute of Radiation Medicine, Military Medical Sciences) ;
- He, Xiao-Yang (Institute of Radiation Medicine, Military Medical Sciences) ;
- Qiu, Pei-Yong (Department of Pharmacy, Xinxiang Medical University) ;
- Wu, Jiao (Department of Pharmacy, Xinxiang Medical University)
- Published : 2014.10.23
Background: To study the radioprotective effects of flavonoids from Rosa roxburghii Tratt (FRT). Materials and Methods: The radioprotective effects of FRT were investigated by examining cell viability, 30-day survival of mice and the number of colony-forming units in spleen (CFU-S) after total-body 60Co irradiation. Results: The survival rates of irradiated cells gradually increased with increasing concentrations of FRT. The survival rate was the highest at 87% with a concentration of
- Chen J, Wang CY, Yu LP, et al (1999). Effect of soyasaponin on cytogenetic damage induced by ionizing radiation. J Prac Oncol, 9, 77.
- Chen JP (2002). Radiation hematology-Bases and Clinics. Beijing: Military Medical Science Press.
- Il'in LA, Andrianova IE, GIushkov VA, Bannikova GE, Varlamov VP (2004). Medical-prophylactic properties of the low-molecular-weight chitosan at environmental radiation injury. Radiat Biol Radioecol, 44, 547-9.
- Devi PU, Bisht KS, Vinitha M (1998). A comparative study of radioprotection by ocimum flavonoids and synthetic aminothiol protectors in the mouse. Br J Radiol, 71, 782-4. https://doi.org/10.1259/bjr.71.847.9771390
- Fan LS, Gong CR, Zhang SH (2005). Animal experiment of auricularia polysaccharide anti-radiation effect. J Nutr, 27, 525-7.
- Hibasami H, Jin ZX, Hasegawa M, et al (2000). Oolong tea polyphenol extract induces apoptosis in human stomach cancer cells. Anticancer Res, 20, 4403-06.
- Kim SH, Son CH, Nah SY (2001). Modification of radiation response in mice by Panax ginseng and diethyldithioearbamate. In Vivo, 15, 407-11.
- Kuinar M, Sharma MK, Saxena PS (2003). Radioprotective effect of Panax Ginseng on the phosphate and lipid pemxidation level in text of Swiss Albino mice. Biol Pharm Bull, 3, 308-12.
- Li DY, Zhou YZ, Yu YL, et al (2004). Anti-radiation effect research of Ginkgo biloba flavonoids. J Nutr, 26, 220-2.
- Liang L, Yang YJ, Li XF (2002). Protective effect of sophom alopecurades on sub-chronic radiation injury in mice. Trad Chin Med Pharmacol Clin, 18, 16-7.
- Liu LH, Wan XC, Li DX (2002). QSAR research of antioxidant activity of flavonoids. J Anhui Agri Univer, 29, 265-70.
- Li TG, Allison RR, O'Brien KF, et al (2004). Ginseng reduces the micronuclei yield in lymphocytes after irradiation. J XingXiang Med Coll, 21, 75-84.
- Lv QJ, Wen LQ, Zhang M, et al (2004). Radiation protection of resveratrol and its molecular mechanism. Chin J Radiol Med Prot, 24, 21-2.
Rajagopalan R, Wani K, Huilgol N G, Kagiya TV, Nair CKK. (2002). Inhibition of
$\gamma$-radiation induced DNA damage in plasmid pBR322 by TMG, a water soluble derivative of vitamin E. J Radiat Res, 43, 153-9. https://doi.org/10.1269/jrr.43.153
- Luo D Y (1987). Exploration and research of Cili. Guiyang: People's Publishing House in Guizhou, 12, 66.
- Makarchenko AE, Utkina NK (2006). UV-stability and UVprotective activity of alkaloids from the marine sponge Zyzzya fuliginosa. Chem Nat Compd, 42, 78-81. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10600-006-0040-7
- Malick MA, Roy RM, Sternberg J (1978). Effect of vitamin E on post-irradiation death in mice. Experientia, 34, 1216-7. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01922966
- Song JY, Han SK, Bae KG, et al (2003). Radioprotective effects of ginseng, an immunomodulator. Radiat Res, 159, 768-74. https://doi.org/10.1667/0033-7587(2003)159[0768:REOGAI]2.0.CO;2
- Subramanian M, Chintalwar G, Chattopadhyay S. 2002. Antioxidant properties of a Tinospora cordifolia polysaccharide against iron-mediated lipid damage and gamma-ray induced protein damage. Reduct-oxid Rep, 7, 137-43.
- Wang J, Wang YS, He L (2004). Anti-radiation effect research of Tu polyphenol and components of Ginkgo biloba. Nucl Technol, 27, 148-50.
- Wang ZW, Zhou JM, Huang ZS, et al (2004). Aloe polysaccharides mediated radioprotective effects through the inhibition of apoptosis. Radiat Res, 45, 447-54. https://doi.org/10.1269/jrr.45.447
- Wu JQ, Jin H, Xu ZQ, (2004). Genistein experimental study of radiation effect. Chin J Radiol Healthy, 13, 170-72.
- Wu XM, Yang ML, Huang XL, Yan J, Luo Q (2004). Laminaria radioprotection and apoptosis of spleen cell. Wuhan Univer J Med Sci, 25, 239.
- Xu P, Jia JQ, Jia JF, Jiang EJ (2011). Radioprotective effects of troxerutin against gamma irradiation in V79 cells and mice. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 12, 2593-6
- Yang WC (2007). Melittin isolation, purification and mechanism of anti-radiation. Fuzhou: Fujian agriculture and forestry university, master dissertation.
- Zhang XL (2005). Biological activity of flavonoids of Rosa roxburghii Tratt, Normal University in East of China, (Master thesis).
- Zhang XL, Qu WJ, Sun B, Hu B, Yang XY (2005). Antioxidant effect of flavonoids from cili in vitro. Nat Prod Res Dev, 17, 396-400.
- Zhang XL, Qu WJ, Sun B, et al (2004). The preventive effect of flavonoids from cili to experimental diabetes. Nutr, 26, 474-6.
- Zhang XL, Zhai WJ, Sun B, et al (2005). Extraction and purification process of flavonoids from Rosa roxburghii Tratt. Chin Trad Pat Med, 27, 1089-91.
- Zhu YM, Zhong J Y (2004). The protective effect of Hpp on acute radiation injury. Chin Pub Health, 20, 1349-50.
- Zielonka J, Gebicki J, Grynkiewicz G (2003). Radical scavenging properties of genistein. Free Radical Biol Med, 35, 958-65. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0891-5849(03)00472-6
- Radiosensitization Effects of a Zataria multiflora Extract on Human Glioblastoma Cells vol.16, pp.16, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.16.7285
- Protection against Whole Body γ-Irradiation Induced Oxidative Stress and Clastogenic Damage in Mice by Ginger Essential Oil vol.17, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2016.17.3.1325
- Flavonoids of Rosa roxburghii Tratt exhibit radioprotection and anti-apoptosis properties via the Bcl-2(Ca2+)/Caspase-3/PARP-1 pathway vol.21, pp.10, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10495-016-1270-1
- Chemical Analysis of Dietary Constituents in Rosa roxburghii and Rosa sterilis Fruits vol.21, pp.9, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3390/molecules21091204
- Tratt Exhibit Anti-Apoptosis Properties by Regulating PARP-1/AIF vol.118, pp.11, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1002/jcb.26049
- Flavonoids of Rosa roxburghii Tratt offers protection against radiation induced apoptosis and inflammation in mouse thymus vol.23, pp.9-10, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10495-018-1466-7