- Volume 36 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Foodwaste-compost Maturity with the Seed Germination Index of Plants
식물의 발아지수를 이용한 음식물 퇴비의 부숙도 평가
- Yoon, Eun Joo (Land & Housing Institute, Korea Land & Housing Corporation) ;
- Oh, Jeong-Ik (Land & Housing Institute, Korea Land & Housing Corporation) ;
- Yoon, Jeon Hyun (Ecotronics)
- Received : 2014.09.02
- Accepted : 2014.10.16
- Published : 2014.10.30
By analyzing seed germination indexes of cabbage and radish, this study aims to evaluate the toxicity of food waste compost, which is produced by fermentation-extinction technology with bio wood chips. In the experimental results, the seed germination index of food waste compost for cabbage and radish was shown in the range of a minimum 104 and maximum 170. It was satisfied with the over 70 criteria in the level of the Korea fertilizer process specification. Consequently, the food waste compost from fermentation-extinction reaction with bio wood chips was evaluated by the appropriate compost maturity for the plantation.
- Oh, J. I., Kim, H. J., Kong, Y. H., Lim, C. Y., Bae, S. W., Gil, M. S., Choi, J. I., Lee, G. Y., Kim, J. Y., Park, J. H. and Lee, J. W., A Study on On-site Practicalization of Food Waste Zero House System by using Fermentation Extinction Technology, LHI, pp. 31-35(2012).
- Ministry of Environment, Survey on the Generation of the National waste and Disposal Status, pp. 3-33(2013).
- Shin, D. M., "Plan for making efficient organic composts by using food wastes," Master's degree thesis of Hanyang University(2005).
- Choi, M. S., Oh, J. I. and Kim, J. H., Development for Essential Reduction Technology of Food Wastees from Apartment Complexes-Focusing on the Extinction of Food Wastes using Wood Bio-chip-, LHI, pp. 47-69(2006).
- Oh, J. I., "Variation of Adenosine tri-Phosphate (ATP) in Fermentation-Extinction of Food Wastes with Wood Bio- Chip," J. Kor. Soc. Environ. Eng., 32(4), 363-368(2012).
- Kwak, H.-K., Seong, K.-S., Lee, N.-J., Lee, S.-B., Han, M.-S. and Roh, K.-A., "Changes in Chemical Properties and Fauna of Plastic Film House Soil by Application of Chemical Fertilizer and Composted Pig Manure," Kor. J. Soil Sci. Fert., 36(5), 304-310(2003).
- Kim, J.-H., Cho, C.-H. and Phae, C.-G., "The Effect of Composting Reaction by the Optimal Mixing Ratio, Compost Addition and Kinds of Bulking Agents in the Mixture of Food Waste and Pig's Feces," in Proceedings of the Korea Organic Resource Recycling Association, Spring, pp. 103-108(2004).
- Park, C. G., Lee, Y. S., Cho, K. R., Won, S. H. and Chio, Y. J., "Effects of Maturation Periods of Pig Manure Composts on Growth of Leaf Lettuce (Lactuca sativa L.)," Kor. J. Organic Agric., 9(1), 19-29(2001).
- Jung, J. Y., Jung,. K. Y. and Nam, S. S., "Evaluation of Compost Qualities with or without Microbial Inoculation for Food Waste Composting," Kor. J. Environ. Agric., 18(3), 280-286(1999).
- Kang, S. J., Lee, C. H. and Seo, S. H., "Effect of Water-Extracts from Sludge Compost on Seed Germination," J. Bio-Environ. Control, 16(4), 407-414(2007).
- Oh, T.-S., Kim, C.-H., Hong, C.-G., Cho, Y.-K. and Kim, Y.-W., "Effect on Component Change, Growth Stage and Germination of Plants Depending on Decomposition Period of Agricultural Organic Reduced Substances," Kor. J. Intl. Agric., 25(4), 442-447(2013). https://doi.org/10.12719/KSIA.2013.25.4.442
- Jung, J. Y., Jung,. K. Y. and Park, W. K., "Studies on the Optimun Activation Condition for Food Waste Composting by Microorganism in Food Waste," Kor. J. Environ. Agric., 18(3), 272-279(1999).
- Park, S. Y., Rhu, Y. S., Jung, D, H., Lee, J. and Kim, M. I., "Physicochemical Effect on Ultra Thermophilic Aerobic Composting Process," J. Kor. Geo-Environ. Soc., 11(11), 27-36(2010).
- Park, J.-W. and Seo, J.-Y., "Mass Reduction and Physicochemical Properties of the Produced Compost during Composting Domestic Food Wastes in a Small Composter," Kor. J. Environ. Agric., 20(4), 238-243(2001).
Paik, C.-H., Lee, M.-G. and Kim, C.-H, "Studies on the Correlation between Germination Index and
$CO_2$Emission for Evaluation of the Maturity of Compost Products," J. Kor. Soc. Livestock Housing Environ., 4(2), 183-191(1998)
- National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA, Standard Fertilizer Prescription, pp. 106-108(2010).
- Lim, H.-Y., Park, E.-H., Park, S.-N. and Kim, K.-H., "The Evaluation of Food Waste Compost and Effects on Soil Environment," in Proceedings of the Korean Society of Soil Science and Fertilizer, Autumn, p. 61(2002).
- Morel, J. L., Colin, F., Germon, J. C., Godin, P. and Juste, C., "Methods for the evaluation of the maturity of minicipal refuse compost," In Composting of Agriculture and Other Waste, ed. J.K. Gasser. Elsevier Applied Science, New York, USA, pp. 56-72(1985).
- Oh, T.-S., Kim, C.-H., Hong, C.-G., Cho, Y.-K., and Kim, Y.-W, "Effect on Component Change, Growth Stage and Germination of Plants Depending on Decomposition Period of Agricultural Organic Reduced Substances," Kor. J. Intl. Agric., 25(4), 442-447(2013). https://doi.org/10.12719/KSIA.2013.25.4.442
- Bertoldi, M. N., Citemesi, U. and Griselli, M., "Bulking agent in sludge composting," Compost Sci., 21, 32-36(1975).
- Chen, Y. and Aviad, T., "Effect of humic substances on plant growth. In : P. MacCarty, C. E. Clapp, R. L. Malcolm and P. R. Bloom (eds.) humic substances in soil and crop science : Selected readings," Proceedings of a symposium cosponsored by the International Humic Substances Society, Chicago, IL. pp. 161-186(1990).
- Chen, K. S., Lo, Y. G., Chang, C. H. and Yang, S.S., Utilization of thermophilic actinomycetes in agricultural waste treatement. In : Abstracts of the 2nd International Conference on Environmental Chemistry and Geochemistry in the Tropics. p. 24(1997). Ed. by Tahir, N.M. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Wong, M. H., "Effects of animal manure composts on tree (Acasia confusa) seedling growth," Agric. Waste, 13, 261-272(1985). https://doi.org/10.1016/0141-4607(85)90051-4
- National Institute of Horticultural & Herbal Science, RDA Home Page, http://www.nihhs.go.kr, August(2014).
- Experimental Evaluation and Resident's Assessment of Zero Food Waste System in Multi-family Housing Estates vol.37, pp.12, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2015.37.12.674
- An Exploration on Food Waste Management of Local Governments vol.38, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2016.38.3.101
- Food Waste Management and Public Dissemination of Zero-Food Waste System in Multifamily Housing Estates vol.38, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2016.38.5.219
- High-Grade Characteristics of Solid Refuse using Food Waste Fermentation Product vol.40, pp.9, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2018.40.9.372