- Volume 9 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Analysis of DDS Frequency Characteristic for Polar Transmission based on Software Defined Radio
SDR 기반 Polar 송신 변환부의 DDS 주파수 특성 분석
- Received : 2014.08.29
- Accepted : 2014.10.17
- Published : 2014.10.31
In this paper, we implemented polar transmitt converter based on software for next generation digital wireless communication system. The implemented converter converted from rectangular to polar by CORDIC algorithm, and be made up of sweep for DDS output frequency using software control. The implemented converter shows can frequency control up to 1.16GHz within DDS frequency control range by software control. it means that transmitter can be control of varied blocks such as gain, phase, output and etc.. The implemented converter can be applied digital wireless communication system based on SDR.
Grant : SW기반 디지털 무선통신용 핵심 모듈 및 트랜시버 개발
Supported by : 산업통상자원부
- J. Groe, "Polar Transmitters for Wireless Communications," IEEE Comm. Mag. vol. 45, no. 9, Sept. 2007, pp. 58-63.
- J. Kim, J. Jung, H. Gwon, and K. Lee, "Technical Trend of Next-Generation RF Transceiver for Mobile Terminals," Electronics and Telecommunications Trends, vol. 23, no. 3, June 2008, pp. 72-81.
- P. M. Cabral, L. Cabria, J. A. Garicia, and J. C. Pedro, "Polar Transmitter Architecture used in a Software Defined Radio Context," 2010 IEEE Int. Microwave Workshop Series on IMWS, Aveiro, Portugal, Feb. 2010.
- K. Friedrich "Parameter Controlled Software Defined Radio," In Proc. the SDR Forum Technical Conf., San Diego, CA, Nov. 2002.
- B. Razavi, RF Microelectronics., Los Angeles: Prentice-Hall, 1998.
- J. E. Volder, "The CORDIC Trigonometric Computing Technique," IRE Trans. Electonic Computers, vol. EC-8. issue 3, Sept. 1959, pp. 330-334. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.1959.5222693
- R. B. Staszewski, J. Wallberg, S. Rezeq, C.-M. Hung, O. Eliezer, S. Vemulapalli, C. Fermando, K. Maggio, R. Staszewski, N. Barton, M.-C. Lee, P. Cruise, M. Entezari, K. Muhammad, and D. Leipold, "All-digital PLL and GSM/EDGE transmitter in 90nm CMOS," 2005 IEEE Int. Solid-State Circuits Conf., San Francisco, CA, Feb. 2005.
- H.-T. Lee, "A Study on the Frequency Synthesizer using the DDS and its Performance Evaluation," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 7, no. 2, 2012, pp. 333-339.
- M.-S. Kim, Y.-G. Jang, and Y.-C. Rhee, "An implementa tion of 60W X-band Cascade SSPA for Marine Radar System," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 7, no. 1, 2012, pp. 1-7.
- S.-R. Lee, E.-J. Lim, and Y.-C. Rhee, "High power X-band SSPA Degisn using Gysel Power Combiner," J. of The Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 9, no. 4, 2014, pp. 425 -431. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2014.9.4.425