- Volume 9 Issue 10
In this paper, for improving the performance of selecting and the sensitivity of the L-Band microwave radiometer for remote sensing of soil-moisture, the harmonic-suppressed hairpin bandpass filter is described. As the harmonic frequencies of the SIR can be controlled by the ratio of the impedance and electrical length, SIRs are used in the hairpin BPF for suppressing harmonics. Manufactured harmonic-suppressed hairpin BPF has the SIRs of three types and its harmonic is suppressed under 35 [dB] until 5 times of the center frequency of 1390 [MHz].
- H.-M. Son and H.-K. Park, "Design of a Microwave Radiometer Receiver for Soil Moisture Monitoring," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 9, no. 2, Feb. 2014, pp. 173-180. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2014.9.2.173
- Y. A. Liou and A. W. England, "A land surface process/radiobrightness model with coupled heat and moisture transport in soil," IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sensing, vol. 36, no. 1, Jan. 1998, pp. 273-286. https://doi.org/10.1109/36.655336
- E. Hong, "Soil moisture monitoring and recession characteristics analysis in conifer forest," The Korea Society of Agricultural Engineers, vol. 53, no. 4, 2011, pp. 1-9.
- T. J. Jackson, D. M. Le Vine, A. J. Griffis, D. C. Goodrich, T. J. Schmugge, C. T. Swift, and P. E. O'Neill, "Soil moisture and rainfall estimation over a semiarid environment with the ESTAR microwave radiometer," IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sensing, vol. 31, no. 4, July 1993, pp. 836-841. https://doi.org/10.1109/36.239906
- K. Kim and N. Lee, "Measurement of Soil moisture content Using RF Impedance in the Range of 1 th 30MHz," The Korea Society of Agricultural Engineers, vol. 40, no. 14, 1998, pp. 79-88.
- J. Hong and M. J. Lancaster, Microwave Filters for RF/Microwave Applications, New York : John Wiley & Sons, 2001.
- H. Nam, T.-S. Yun, M.-G. Lee, J.-C. Lee, and U.-S. Hong, "A Stepped Impedance Resonator Bandpass Filter with Superior Cut-off Response for ITS Application," J. of Korean Institute of Transport Systems, vol. 4, no. 3, Dec. 2005, pp. 73-78.
- S.-M. Kim and J.-H. Song, "Miniaturized UWB BPF design that is applicable to Ultrafast Wireless Communication Systems," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 5, no. 6, Dec. 2010, pp. 620-624.
- Y.-W. Park, "Design and Fabrication of Diplexer using Lumped Elements," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 7, no. 1, Jan. 2012, pp. 9-14.
- M. Makimoto and R. Yanashita, Microwave Resonator and Filters for Wireless Communication, Berlin : Springer, 2001.