- Volume 9 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Design of an RFID Authentication Protocol Using Nonlinear Tent-Map
비선형 Tent-Map을 이용한 RFID 인증 프로토콜 설계
- Received : 2014.08.29
- Accepted : 2014.10.17
- Published : 2014.10.31
The RFID (Radio-Frequency Identification) system is a technology to discern things by radio and an epoch-making new method to improve product management such as distribution, transport, mobilization, inventory control. However, RFID, which uses radio, is at risk for information leakage and falsification due to the vulnerability of security of the communication section. We designed the new authentication protocol by applying the tent map, which is the representative complex systems, to the RFID communication system. A more solid and simple authentication system was designed by applying the initial value sensitivity and irregularity, which are the representative characteristics of the complex system, to the reader and tag of RFID. The purpose of this paper is to verify the usability of the RFID authentication protocol design that uses the nonlinear system shown in this thesis by the new system differentiated from the authentication system that depends on the existing hash function or random numbers.
- M. Weiser, "Some Computer Science Issues in Ubiquitous Computing," Communications of the ACM, vol. 36, no. 7, 1993, pp. 75-84. https://doi.org/10.1145/159544.159617
- K. Kim, K. Ban, S. Heo, and E. Kim, "Design and Implementation of System for Sensing Data Collection in RFID/USN," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 5, no. 2, 2010, pp. 221-226.
- J.-H. Shin and S.-S. Hwang, "Design of RFID Packaging for Construction Materials," J. of The Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 8, no, 6, 2013, pp. 923-932. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2013.8.6.923
- W.-S. Ryu, "A Simulation Technique for RFID Adoption in Hospital," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 9, no. 1, 2014, pp. 61-66. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2014.9.1.61
- A. Juels, "Strengthening EPC Tags Against Cloning," ACM Workshop on Wireless Security, Cologne, Germany, Sept. 2005, pp. 67-76.
- S.-J. Oh, K.-H. Chung, T.-J. Yun, and K.-S. Ahn, "An RFID Mutual Authentication Protocol Using One-Time Random Number," The J. of Korea Information of Communications and Information Sciences, vol. 36, no. 7, 2011, pp. 858-867. https://doi.org/10.7840/KICS.2011.36B.7.858
- M. S. Masuda, "New Approach to Chaotic Encryption," Physics Letters A, vol. 263, 1999, pp. 373-375. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0375-9601(99)00747-1
- J. Cheng and J.-I. Guo "A new chaotic key-based design for image encryption and decryption," The 2000 IEEE Int. Symp. on Circuits and Systems, Geneva, Switzerland, May 2000, pp. 49-52.
- H. E. Ahmed, H. M. Kalash, and O. S. Farag Allah, "An Efficient Chaos-Based Feedbacks Stream Cipher (ECBFSC) for Image Encryption and Decryption," Informatica, vol. 31, 2007, pp. 121-129.
- A. H. Nayfeh and B. Balachandran, Applied Nonlinear Dynamics, Toronto: Wiley-Interscience, 1995.
- R. H. Abraham, and C. D. Shaw, Dynamics - The Geometry of Behavior. California: Addison-Wesley, 1992.
- G. P. Williams, Chaos Theory Tamed. London: Taylor & Francis, 1997.
- G.-S. Yim and H.-S. Kim, "Chaos-based Image Encryption Scheme using Noise-induced Synchronization," J. of the Korea Society of Computer and Information, vol. 13, no. 5, 2008, pp. 155-162.
- G.-S. Yim, "Design and Implementation of Image Encryption Method for Multi-Parameters Chaotic System," Korea Information Assurance Society, 2008, vol 8. no. 3, pp. 57-64.
- H.-S. Kim and G.-S. Yim, "Design of a digital photo frame for close-range security using the chaotic signals synchronization," J. of the Korea Society of Computer and Information, vol. 16, no. 2, 2011, pp. 201-206. https://doi.org/10.9708/jksci.2011.16.2.201
- S. A. Weis, S. E. Sarma, R. L. Rivest, and D. W. Engels, "Security and Privacy Aspects of Low-Cost Radio Frequency Identifications Systems," Int. Conf. on Security in Pervasive Computing, Boppard, Germany, Mar. 2003.
- M. Ohkubo, K. Suzuki, and S. Kinoshita, "Enhanced Hash Chain based Scheme for Security and Privacy in RFID Systems," Int. J. of computer Applications, vol. 28, no. 9, 2004, pp. 719-724.
- H. G. Schuster, Deterministic Chaos an Introduction 2nd, Weinheim: VCH, 1988.