- Volume 9 Issue 10
Recently, the meditation is getting a major concern because of the trend of wellbeing. The various meditation methods are introduced, but, we need to take an appropriate method for himself or herself. Especially, the numbers of meditators who are using meditation music while they are meditating are increasing. Some people say it is helpful, but others don't. Therefore, I have studied the impact of the meditation music in this paper. I have compared between the meditation with the music and without the music by measuring the channels of left and right hemisphere of prefrontal lobe with 14-channel EEG device. For the result, I have found that there are great difference between two experiments.
- D. Lehmanna, P. L. Fabera, P. Achermannb, D. Jeanmonodc, L. R. R. Gianottia, and D. Pizzagallid, "Brain sources of EEG gamma frequency during volitionally meditation-induced, altered states of consciousness, and experience of the self," Neuroimaging, Elsevier, Sec. 108, 2001, pp. 111-121.
- F. Travis, "Comparison of coherence, amplitude, and eLORETA patterns during Transcendental Meditation and TM-Sidhi practice," Int. J. of Psychophysiology, Elsevier, 81, 2011, pp. 198-202. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpsycho.2011.06.011
- Y.-S. Jang and D.-W. Han, "Analysis of EEG Generated from Concentration by Visual Stimulus Task," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 9, no. 5, 2014, pp. 589-594. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.126.96.36.1999
- Y.-S. Jang, S.-L. Lee, and S.-A. Ryu, "Characteristics of Frequency Band on EEG Signal Causing Human Drowsiness," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 8, no. 6, 2013, pp. 949-954. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2013.8.6.949
- J. W. Sleigh, D. A. Steyn, M. L. Steyn, M. L. Williams, and P. Smith, "Comparison of changes in electroencephalographic measures during induction of general anaesthesia: influence of the gamma frequency band and electromyogram signal," Br. J. Anaesth, vol. 86, no. 1, 2001, pp. 50-58. https://doi.org/10.1093/bja/86.1.50
- H. F. Unterrainer, M. J. Chen, and J. H. Gruzelier, "EEG-neurofeedback and psychodynamic psychotherapy in a case of adolescent anhedonia with substance misuse," Int. J. of Psychophysiology, Elsevier, vol. 93, no. 1, 2014, pp. 84-95. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpsycho.2013.03.011
- J. H. Gruzelier, "EEG-neurofeedback for optimising performance," Neuroscience and Biobehavioral Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 44, 2014, pp. 124-141. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neubiorev.2013.09.015
- C. E. Reyes, J. L. C. Rugayan, C. Jason, G. Rullan, C. M. Oppus, and G. L. Tangonan, "A Study on Ocular and Facial Muscle Artifacts in EEG Signals for BCI Applications," Tencon, IEEE Conf., Cebu, Philippines, Nov. 2012, pp. 1-6.
- Y.-S. Jang, G.-C. Park, and D.-W. Han, "Comparison of EEG Characteristics between Dementia Patient and Normal Person Using Frequency Analysis Method," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 9, no.5, 2014, pp. 595-600. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.188.8.131.525
- Color temperature’s impact on task performance and brainwaves of school-age children vol.27, pp.10, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1589/jpts.27.3147