- Volume 9 Issue 10
In this paper, oscillator with compact hairpin resonator is used to design the local oscillator of X-band radar system. The proposed hairpin resonator is minimized by increasing capacitance of line end of conventional one. By this method, size can be minimized about 40% compared with the conventional resonator and also can improve phase noise characteristic. The result of oscillator using proposed hairpin resonator is measured in oscillating frequency of 9.05 GHz, output power of 2.47 dBm, and phase noise of -101.4 dBc/Hz. The fabricated oscillator in this paper can minimize design and it's planar structure makes it easy to design MMIC.
- D. B. Leeson, "A simple model of feedback oscillator noise spectrum," Proc. IEEE, vol. 54, issue 2, Feb. 1966, pp. 329-330. https://doi.org/10.1109/PROC.1966.4682
- A. Hajimiri and T. Lee, "A general theory of phase noise in electrical oscillator," IEEE J. of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 33, no. 2, Feb. 1998, pp. 179-194. https://doi.org/10.1109/4.658619
- T. Lee and A. Hajimiri, "Oscillator phase noise: A tutorial," IEEE J. of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 35, no. 3, Mar. 2000, pp. 326-336. https://doi.org/10.1109/4.826814
- P. G. Wilson and R. D. Carver, "An easy-to use FET DRO design procedure suited to most CAD programs," IEEE MTT-S Dig., Long Beach, CA, vol. 3, June 1989, pp. 1033-1036.
- M. Sagawa, K. Takahashi, and M. Makimoto, "Miniaturized hairpin resonator filters and their applications to receiver front-end MIC's," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., vol. 37, no. 12, Dec. 1989, pp. 1991-1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/22.44113
- C. Hwang, J. Lee, J. Kim, N. Myung, and J. Song, "Simple K-band MMIC VCO utilizing a miniaturized hairpin resonator and a three terminal p-HEMT varactor with low phase noise and high output power properties," IEEE Microwave Wireless Compon. Lett., vol. 13, no. 6, June 2003, pp. 229-231. https://doi.org/10.1109/LMWC.2003.814595
- D. Baek, "8-GHz CMOS quadrature VCO using transfomer-based Lc tank," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, vol. 13, no. 10, 2003, pp. 446-448. https://doi.org/10.1109/LMWC.2003.815685
- V. S. Kaper, "High-power monolithic AlGaN/GaN HEMT oscillator," IEEE J. of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 38, no. 9, 2003, pp. 1457-1467. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSSC.2003.815934
- C. Lee, "A low phase noise X-band MMIC GaAs MESFET VCO," IEEE Microwave and Guided Wave Letters, vol. 10, no. 8, 2000, pp. 325-327. https://doi.org/10.1109/75.862229
- G. Kim, J. Yoon, and Y. Lee, RF Circuit Design. Seoul: Chung mun gak, 2010, pp. 593-681.
- K. Yeom. Active Microwave Design theory and introduction. Seoul: Hongrling publishing company, 2008, pp. 396-499.
- Y. Yoon, RF active circuit design theory and practical. Seoul: Hongrling publishing company, 2005, pp. 74-95.
- K. Kim and H. Seo, "The System Performance Analysis and Implementation of Digital Communication Satellite," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 9, no. 4, Apr. 2014, pp. 439-445. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2014.9.4.439