- Volume 9 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
An Effective Decoding Algorithm of LDPC Codes with Lowering Error Floors
낮은 에러 플로어(error floor)를 사용한 효과적인 LDPC 복호 알고리듬
- Received : 2014.08.25
- Accepted : 2014.10.17
- Published : 2014.10.31
In this paper, in order to improve performance of LDPC codes, we propose an effective algorithm with lowering error floor of LDPC codes. This method is done by breaking trapping sets, mostly caused by an undesirable structure. This algorithm is not need to observe all the errors, only need to break the trapping sets, to effect the effectiveness. Simulation results show that its performance can be significantly improved with this decoding algorithm.
- R. Gallager, "Low-density parity-check codes," IRE Trans. Information Theory, vol. 8, issue 1, Jan. 1962, pp. 21-28. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIT.1962.1057683
- R. Tanner, "A recursive approach to low complexity codes," IEEE Trans. Information Theory, vol. 27, no. 5, Sept. 1981, pp. 533-547. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIT.1981.1056404
- C. Di, D. Proietti, I. Telatar, T. Richardson, and R. Urbanke, "Finite-length analysis of lowdensity parity-check codes on the binary erasure channel," IEEE Trans. Information Theory, vol. 48, no. 6, June 2002, pp. 1570-1579. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIT.2002.1003839
- D. MacKay and M. Postol, "Weakness of margulis and ramanujan margulis low-density parity-check codes," Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer Science, vol. 74, 2003, pp. 97-104. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1571-0661(04)80768-0
- M. Ivkovic, S. K. Chilappagari, and B. Vasic, "Eliminating trapping sets in low-density parity-check codes by using Tanner graph covers," IEEE Trans. Information Theory, vol. 54, no. 8, Aug. 2008, pp. 3763-3774. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIT.2008.926319
- S. Zhang and C. Schilegel, "Controlling the Error floor in LDPC Decoding," IEEE Trans. Comm. vol. 61, no. 9, 2013, pp. 3566-3575. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCOMM.2013.071813.120659
- H. Xiao and A. Banihashemi, "Improved progressive-edge-growth(peg) construction of irregular ldpc codes," IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 8, no. 12, Dec. 2004, pp. 715-717. https://doi.org/10.1109/LCOMM.2004.839612
- J. Kang, L. Zhang, Z Ding, and S. Lin, "A two-stage iterative decoding of LDPC codes for lowering error floors," Proc. IEEE Global Communications Conf. (GLOBECOM'08), Dec. 2008, pp. 1088-1091.
- Y. Liu and H. Suh, "A Comparison of Raptor Code Using LDGM and LDPC Code," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 8, no. 1, 2013, pp. 65-70. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2013.8.1.065
- B. Hu and H. Suh, "Node Monitoring Algorithm with Piecewise Linear Function Approximation for Efficient LDPC Decoding," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 6, no. 1, 2011, pp. 20-26.
- B. Wu and H. SUH, "Comparison between 8PSK-TCM and QPSK of BER," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 7, no. 1, 2012, pp. 39-44.