- Volume 30 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on Instream Flow for Water Quality Improvement in Lower Watershed of Nam River Dam
남강댐 하류유역 수질개선 필요유량 산정에 관한 연구
Kim, Gyeong-Hoon;Jung, Kang-Young;Lee, In-Jung;Lee, Kyung-Lak;Cheon, Se-Uk;Im, Tae-Hyo;Yoon, Jong-Su
- Received : 2013.10.17
- Accepted : 2014.01.14
- Published : 2014.01.30
Despite the implementation of TMDL, the water quality in lower watershed of Nam river dam has worsened continuously since 2005. Multifarious pollution sources such as cities and industrial districts are scattered around it. Nam river downstream bed slope is very gentle towards the downstream water flow of slows it down even more, depending on the water quality deterioration is accelerated eutrophication occurs. In this study, the mainstream in lower watershed of Nam river dam region to target aquatic organic matter by phytoplankton growth contribution was evaluated by statistical analysis. and statistical evaluation of water quality and the accuracy of forecasting, model calibration and verification procedures by completing QUALKO2 it's eutrophic phenomena that occur frequently in the dam outflow through scenarios predict an increase in water quality management plans to present the best should.
Dam outflow;Nam river watershed;Multivariate analysis;Pearson correlation coefficient;QUAL2E;QUALKO2
- Bernard, P., Antoinc, L., and Bernard, L. (2004). Principal Component Analysis: an Appropriate Tool for Water Quality Evaluation and Management-application to a Tropical Lake System, Ecological Modeling, 178, pp. 295-311. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecolmodel.2004.03.007
- Choi, J. K., Chung, S. W., and Ryoo, J. I. (2008). Comparative Evaluation of QUAL2E and QUAL-NIER Models for Water Quality Prediction in Eutrophic River, Journal of Korean Society on Water Environment, 24(1), pp. 54-62. [Korean Literature]
- Fallon, R. D. and Thomas, D. B. (1979). Decomposition of Blue-Green Algae (cyanobacterial) Blooms in Lake Mentota, Wentota, Wisconsin, Applied and Environment Microbiology, 37(5), pp. 820-820.
- Forsberg, C. and Ryding S. O. (1980). Eutrophication parameters and trophic state indices in 30 Swedish waste lakes, Archiv fur Hydrobiologic 89, pp. 189-207.
- Gyeongnam Development Institute. (GNDI). (2010). A Plan of Quality Improvement in Lower Watershed of Nam River Dam, Gyeongnam Development Institute, pp. 1-100. [Korean Literature]
- GyeongSangNamDo. (2009). A 2th Basic Plan of TMDL in GyeongSangNamDo, GyeongSangNamDo, pp. 6-1-6-4. [Korean Literature]
- Kim, E. S., Sim, K. B., Kim, S. D., and Choi, H. I. (2012). Water Quality Assessment for Reservoirs using the Korean Trophic State Index, Journal of Korean Society on Water Environment, 28(1), pp. 78-83. [Korean Literature]
- Jeong, S. S. (2010). The Correlation and Trophics State of Water quality in the Downstreams Water System of Nam River, Master's Thesis, Graduate School Jinju National University, pp. 62-68. [Korean Literature]
- Jung, K. Y. (2009). Advanced Control Strategieso Water Quality Management in Nakdong River, Master's Thesis, Kyungpok National University, pp. 70-93. [Korean Literature]
- Jung, K. Y., Kim, G. H., Lee, J. W., Lee, I. J., Yoon, J. S., Lee, K. L., and Im, T. H. (2013). Selection of Priority Management Target Tributary for Effective Watershed Management in Nam-River Mid-watershed, Journal of Korean Society on Water Environment, 29(4), pp. 514-522. [Korean Literature]
- Kim, J. G. and Lee, J. Y. (2001a). Application of QUAL2E Model for Water Quality Management in the Keum River(I) - Estimation of Model Input Parameter and Autochthonous BOD -, Journal of the Korean Environmental Sciences Society, 10(2), pp. 119-127. [Korean Literature]
- Kim, J. G. and Lee, J. Y. (2001b). Application of QUAL2E Model for Water Quality Management in the Keum River(II) - Waste Loads Allocation Analysis by Considering Autochthonous BOD -, Journal of the Korean Environmental Sciences Society, 10(1), pp. 21-25. [Korean Literature]
- Kim, S. K., Views & News. (2012). http://www.viesnnews.com/article/view.jsp:seq=89691.
- Kim, M. A., Lee, J. K., and Zoh, K. D. (2007). Evaluation of the Geum River by Multivariate Analysis: Principal Component Analysis and Factor Analysis, Journal of Korean Society on Water Environment, 23(1), pp. 161-168. [Korean Literature]
- Kim, O. S. (2005). A Study on the Application of Total Maximum Daily Loads Management in Lower Watershed of Nam River, Doctoral Thesis, Gyeongsang National University, pp. 90-158. [Korean Literature]
- Han River Environment Research Center (HRERC). (2007). http://www.nier.go.kr/eric/portal/han/pf/hnrv-pf-04.page.
- Kwon, N. Y. (2009). Development of Water Quality Model for Application of TMDL, Master's Thesis, Kyungpok National University, pp. 17-41. [Korean Literature]
- Nakdong River Environment Research Center(NRERC). (2009). '08 Management Report of Target Water Quality Monitoring System in Nakdong River Basin, Nakdong River Environment Research Center, pp. 142-163. [Korean Literature]
- National Water Resources Management Integrated Information System (NWRMIIS). (2013). http://www.wamis.go.kr/.
- Park, J. H., Lee, J. K., Oh, S. Y., and Rhew, D. H. (2013). Necessity for Expansion of Total Phosphorus Management in the Geum River Watershed, Journal of Korean Society on Water Environment, 29(3), pp. 400-408. [Korean Literature]
- Shin, C. M. (2009). Applicability Evaluation of Parameters of River Water Quality Model for TMDL Planning, Doctoral Thesis, University of Seoul, pp. 9-173. [Korean Literature]
- Shin, S. K., Park, C. K., and Song, K. O. (1997). Evaluation of Water Quality using Principal Component Analysis in the Nakdong River Estuary, Journal of the Korean Environmental Sciences Society, 7(2), pp. 171-176. [Korean Literature]
- Sohn, E. R., Park, J. I., Lee, B. R., Lee, J. W., and Kim, J. S. (2013). Winter Algal Bloom and Spatial Characteristics of Water Quality in the Lower Taewha River, Ulsan, Korea, Korean Journal of Microbiology, 49(1), pp. 30-37. [Korean Literature] https://doi.org/10.7845/kjm.2013.262
- Yoo, H. S. (2002). Statistical Analysis of Factors Affecting the Han River Water Quality, Journal of Korean Society on Environment Engineering, 24(12), pp. 2139-2150. [Korean Literature]
- Yu, J. J., Shin, S. H., Yoon, Y. S., and Kang, D. K. (2012). Water Quality Prediction and Forecast of Pollution Source in Namgang Mid-watershed each Reduction Scenario, Environmental Impact Assessment, 21(4), pp. 543-552. [Korean Literature]
- Analysis of Scenarios for Environmental Instream Flow Considering Water Quality in Saemangeum Watershed vol.38, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2016.38.3.117
- Development and Evaluation of Regression Model for TOC Contentation Estimation in Gam Stream Watershed vol.24, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2015.24.6.743