- Volume 23 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Optimal Management Option of the Disposal of Resources Found in Standard Plastic Garbage Bags
종량제봉투 내 폐자원에 대한 최적 처리방안 연구
- Park, Sang Jun (Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Seoul) ;
- Kim, Eui Yong (Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Seoul)
- Received : 2014.07.24
- Accepted : 2014.09.22
- Published : 2014.10.30
A standard plastic garbage bag which was discarded from Incheon Metropolitan City was composed of 4.5% recyclable resources (aluminum cans 0.2%, steel cans 2.5%, glass 1.8%), 92.5% resources with recoverable energy (papers 23.0%, plastics 15.5%, combustible etc. 54.0%) and 3.0% non-combustible etc. Recycling is more effective than landfilling for aluminum cans, steel cans, and glass. The energy recovery process using solid refuse fuel (SRF) is more effective than incineration for papers and plastics. Incineration is more effective than recycling for combustible etc. 2,068,948 Million Btu of total energy savings and 21,008
- Ministry of Environment, 1995 : Environment White Paper
- Ministry of "Environment, 2013 : Environment White Paper
- Korea Energy Economics Institute, 2013 : Yearbook of Energy Statistics
- Korea Energy Management Corporation, 2013 : New & Renewable Energy Statistics 2012
- Ministry of Trade, Industry & Energy, 2014 : 2th National Energy Basic Plan
- Greenhouse Gas Inventory & Research Center of Korea, 2014 : National Greenhouse Gas Inventory Report of Korea
- Korea Environment Corporation, 2013 : Status of the national waste generation and treatment 2012
- Hwang, J. S., et al., 2005 : Introduction of Waste Treatment, 2nd. ed., pp. 58-65, DongHwa Technology Publishing Co., Korea
- U.S. EPA., 2006 : Solid Waste Management and Greenhouse Gases A Life-Cycle Assessment of Emission and Sinks
- Ministry of Environment, 2013 : 4th National Waste Survey (2011-2012)
- Ham, S. C., 2009 : Activation Plane of the Recycling of Packaging Films, J. Soc. Sci., 26 (1), pp. 1-28.
- Incheon Development Institute, 2007 : Status of Automated Waste Collection System and Scheme of Management hereafter
- Ministry of Environment, 2013 : Standards of the quality and grade of solid refuse fuels
- Ham, K. J., et al., 2009 : Quality Assessment by MSW Type for High-quality and Low-pollution RDF, J. Environ. Impact Assess., 18 (6), pp. 453-460.
- Min, B. H., et al., 2010 : A Study on the new MBT management system with variations of MSW's seasonal emission characteristics, J. of KORRA, 18(4),
- Jo, M. H., Lee, B. J. and Lee, J. Y., 2012 : Effect of Modified MBT Process on the RDF Yield and Characteristics, Kor. Solid Waste Eng. Soc., 29 (8), pp. 785-792.
- Min, D. K., 2006 : A Study on the Estimation of Recycling Cost of Waste Plastics, J. Korea Soc. of Environ. Admin., 12 (2), pp. 69-76.
- Kim, J. K., 2009 : Study on applicability of RDF in Municipal Waste Landfill Site, J. Environ. Sci., 18 (10), pp. 1181-1187. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2009.18.10.1181
- Korea Institute for Industrial Economics & Trade, 2012 : Global Environmental Changes and Response Strategies of the Steel Industry
- Korea Environment Corporation , 2013 : Specify recycling business recycling performance (2012)
- Chung, J. H., 2001 : The Point at Issue of the Recycle Policy and the Course of Policy in Our Nation", The Graduate School of International Business & Commerce, Paichai University, pp. 33-34.
- Kim, J. Y. and Yoo, K. Y., 2013 : Recycling City, 1st ed., Hanulbooks, Korea.
- Korea Energy Management Corporation, 2009 : Good Practice Guidelines for Estimation of Greenhouse Gas Emissions of Non-ferrous Metals Industry