- Volume 29 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Characteristics of Pollutant Removal in Secondary Effluent from Wastewater Treatment Plant Using Silver Nanoparticles on Activated Carbon
은나노 활성탄에 의한 하수 2차 처리수 중의 오염물질 제거 특성에 관한 연구
- Seon, Yong-Ho (Department of Environmental Engineering, Sangji University)
- 선용호 (상지대학교 환경공학과)
- Received : 2014.08.12
- Accepted : 2014.10.13
- Published : 2014.10.30
This study targets the pollutant removal of secondary effluent from final clarifiers in wastewater treatment plant using silver nanoparticles on activated carbon. The removal efficiency and treatment characteristics of pollutant are anlayzed by perfoming experiments using granular activated carbon with silver nanoparticles and ordinary granular activated carbon. The specific surface area of granular activated carbon with silver nanoparticles is smaller than that of ordinary granular activated carbon. However, the removal efficiency of
Supported by : 상지대학교
- Yang J. S., J. Sohn, and D. S. Kang (2011) Market evaluation of seawater desalination plant considering international water scarcity and expense outlook by use and nation. J. Korean Soc. Water Quality 27: 178-187.
- Kim I. S. and B. S. Oh (2008) Technologies of seawater desalination and wastewater reuse for solving water shortage, J. KSEE 30: 1197-1202.
- Seon, Y. H. (2012) A study on removal of organics and disinfection effect in sand filter using nano silver sand. KSBB J. 27: 16-20. https://doi.org/10.7841/ksbbj.2012.27.1.016
- Kim, J. Y., T. Kim, and J. Yoon (2009) Antimicrobial activity and mechanism of silver. J. Korean Ind. Eng. Chem. 20: 251-257.
- Catalina M. and E. M. V. Hock (2010) A review of the antibacterial effects of silver nanomaterials and potential implications for human health and the environment. J Nanopart Res. 12: 1531-1551. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11051-010-9900-y
- Ministry of Environment (2002) Korean Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater. pp. 1-691. Dong Hwa Technology Publishing Co., Seoul, Korea.
- APHA (1998) Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater. 20th ed., pp. 5-17, American Public Health Association, Washington DC, USA.
- Metcalf & Eddy (2004) Wastewater Engineering : Treatment and Reuse, 4th brief Korean Language edition, pp. 334-350, McGraw- Hill, Korea.
- Weinkauf, H. and B. F. Brehm-Stecher (2009) Enhanced dark field microscopy for rapid artifact-free detection of nanoparticle binding to Candida albicans cells and hyphae. Biotechnol. J. 4: 871-879. https://doi.org/10.1002/biot.200800358
- Lee, C. J., D. Y. Kim, and B. S. Kim (2007) Study of Anti-bacterial properties for impregnated activated carbon by silver nano-particles. J. Korean Ind. Eng. Chem. 18: 396-399.
- Kim, S. H., H. S. Lee, D. S. Ryu, S. J. Choi, and D. S. Lee (2011) Antibacterial activity of silver-nanoparticles against Staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia coli. Korean J. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 39: 77-85.
- Hwang, E. T., J. I. Lee, B. I. Sang, and M. B. Gu (2007) Toxicity monitoring and assessment of nanoparticles using bacteria J. Biotechnol. Bioeng. 22: 414-420.
- The pollutants removal and disinfection of secondary effluent from sewage treatment plant in loop reactor using silver nanoparticles coated on activated carbon vol.30, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.11001/jksww.2016.30.4.361