- Volume 9 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Analytical Threshold Voltage Modeling of Surrounding Gate Silicon Nanowire Transistors with Different Geometries
- Pandian, M. Karthigai ;
- Balamurugan, N.B.
- Received : 2013.08.29
- Accepted : 2014.07.17
- Published : 2014.11.01
In this paper, we propose new physically based threshold voltage models for short channel Surrounding Gate Silicon Nanowire Transistor with two different geometries. The model explores the impact of various device parameters like silicon film thickness, film height, film width, gate oxide thickness, and drain bias on the threshold voltage behavior of a cylindrical surrounding gate and rectangular surrounding gate nanowire MOSFET. Threshold voltage roll-off and DIBL characteristics of these devices are also studied. Proposed models are clearly validated by comparing the simulations with the TCAD simulation for a wide range of device geometries.
Junction Based Cylindrical Surrounding Gate (JBCSG) silicon nanowire transistor;Rectangular surrounding gate silicon nanowire transistor;Threshold voltage;Parabolic approximation;silicon thickness;Channel Length;drain Bias
- Yuting Wan, Jian Sha, Bo Chen, Yanjun Wang, Zongli Wang and Yewu Wang, "Nanodevices based on Silicon Nanowires", Recent Patents on Nanotechnology, Vol. 3, Issue. 1, pp. 1-9, January 2009.
- B. Yu, W.Y. Lu, H. Lu and Y. Taur, "Analytic Charge Model for Surrounding Gate MOSFETs", IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, Vol. 54, Issue. 3, pp. 492-496, March 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TED.2006.890264
- D.Jimenez, J.J. Saenz, B. Iniguez, J.Sune, L.F. Marsal and J. Pallares, "Modeling of Nanoscale GAA MOSFETs", IEEE Electron Device Lett., Vol. 25, Issue. 5, pp. 314-316, May 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/LED.2004.826526
- D. Jimenez, B. Iniguez, J. Sune, L.F. Marsal and J. Pallares, "Continuous Analytic I-V model for Surrounding Gate MOSFETs", IEEE Electron Device Lett., Vol.25, Issue.8, pp.571-573, August 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/LED.2004.831902
- B. Iniguez, D. Jimenez, J.Roig, H. A. Hamid, L. F. Marsal and J. Pallares, "Explicit Continuous model for Long Channel undoped Surrounding Gate MOSFETs", IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, Vol. 52, Issue. 8, pp. 1868-1873, August 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TED.2005.852892
- H. Borli, S. Kolberg, T.A. Fjeldly, and B. Iniguez, "Precise Modeling Framework for short channel Double-Gate and GAA MOSFETs", IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, Vol.55, Issue.10, pp. 2678-2686, October 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TED.2008.2003221
- C. P. Auth and James D. Plummer, "Scaling theory for Cylindrical, Fully depleted, Surrounding Gate MOSFETs", IEEE Electron Device Lett., Vol. 18, Issue. 2, pp. 74-76, February 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/55.553049
- FJG Ruiz, IM Tienda-Luna, A.Godoy, L. Donetti and F. Gamiz, "A Model of the Gate Capacitance of Surrounding Gate Transistors: Comparison with Double Gate MOSFETs", IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, Vol. 57, Issue. 10, pp. 2477-2483, October 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TED.2010.2058630
- E. Gnani, A. Gnudi, S. Reggiani and G. Baccarani, "Quasi Ballistic Transport in Nanowire FETs", IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, Vol. 55, Issue. 11, pp. 2918-2930, November 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TED.2008.2005178
- E.Gnani, A.Gnudi, M.Luisier and G.Baccarani, "Band effects on Transport Characteristics of Ultrascaled Nanowire FETs", IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology, Vol.7, Issue.6, pp.700-709, November 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TNANO.2008.2005777
- S.Poli, M.Pala and T.Poiroux, "Full Quantum Tratment of Remote Coulomb Scattering in Silicon Nanowire FETs", IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, Vol. 56, Issue. 6, pp. 1191-1198, June 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TED.2009.2019380
- T. Poiroux, M. Vinet, O. Faynot, J. Wildeiz, J. Lolivier, T.Ernst, B.Previtali and S.Delonibus, "Multiple Gate Devices :Advantages and Challenges", Microelectronic Engineering, Vol.80, pp. 378-385, June 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mee.2005.04.095
- N.Singh, F.Y.Lim, W.W. Fang et.al, "Ultra Narrow Silicon Nanowire GAA CMOS Devices: Impact of Diameter, Channel Orientation and Low Temperature on Device Performance", IEDM Tech. dig., 2006, pp. 547-550.
- S. Oh, D. Monroe and JM. Hergenrother, "Analytic Description of Short channel effects in Fully Depleted Double Gate and Cylindrical Surrounding Gate MOSFETs", IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, Vol. 21, Issue. 9, pp. 445-447, September 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/55.863106
- D. Jimenez, B. Iniguez, J. Sune and J. J. Saenz, "Analog Performance of the Nanoscale Double Gate MOSFET near the Ultimate Scaling Limits", J. App. Physics., Vol.96, Issue.9, pp. 5271-5276, November 2004. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1778485
- J.P. Collinge, M.H. Gao, A. Romano, H. Maes and C. Claeys, "Silicon-On-Insulator Gate-All-Around Device", IEDM Tech. dig., 1990, pp.595-599.
- Christoper. P. Auth and James D. Plummer, "A Simple Model for Threshold Voltage of Surrounding- Gate MOSFETs", IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, Vol. 45, Issue.11, pp.2381-2383, November 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/16.726665
- Biswajit Ray and Santanu Mahapatra, "A New Threshold Voltage Model for Omega Gate Cylindrical Nanowire Transistor" 21st International Conference on VLSI Design, 2008, pp. 447-452, VLSID 2008.
- Chiang Te-Kuang, "A Compact Analytical Threshold- Voltage Model for Surrounding-Gate MOSFETs with Interface Trapped Charges", IEEE Electron Device Letters, VOL. 31, Issue. 8, pp. 788-790, August 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/LED.2010.2051317
- Chiang Te-Kuang, "A Compact Model for Threshold Voltage of Surrounding-Gate MOSFETs with Localized Interface Trapped Charges", IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, Vol. 58, Issue. 2, pp. 567-571, February 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TED.2010.2092777
- M. Jagadesh Kumar, Ali A. Orouji, and Harshit Dhakad, "A New Dual-Material SG Nanoscale MOSFET: Analytical Threshold-Voltage Model", IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, Vol. 53, Issue.4, pp. 920-923, April 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TED.2006.870422
- Chiang Te-Kuang, "A New Quasi-2-D Threshold Voltage Model for Short-Channel Junctionless Cylindrical Surrounding Gate (JLCSG) MOSFETs", IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, Vol. 59, Issue. 11, pp. 3127-3129, November 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TED.2012.2212904
- Chiang Te-Kuang, "A New Quasi-2-D Threshold Voltage Model for Short-Channel Junctionless Double Gate MOSFETs", IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, Vol. 59, Issue. 9, pp. 2284-2289, September 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TED.2012.2202119
- Z.Ghoggali, F.Djeffal, M.A.Abdi et.al., "An Analytical Threshold Voltage Model for Nannoscale GAA MOSFETs including effects of Hot Carrier Induced Interface Charges", Design and Test Workshop, IDT 2008, pp.93-97, December 2008.
- Yu-sheng Wu and Pin Su, "Quantum confinement Effects in short channel GAA MOSFETs and its impact on the sensitivity of Threshold Voltage to Process Variations", Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on SOI, pp.1-2, October 2009.
- B Ray and Santanu Mahapatra, "Modeing and Analysis of Body Potential of Cylindrical GAA Nanowire Transistor", IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, Vol. 55, Issue. 9, pp. 2409-2416, September 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TED.2008.927669
- L.De Mechielis, L.Selmi and AM.Lonescu, "A Quasi Analytical model for Nanowire FETs with Arbitrary Polygonal Cross Section", Solid State Electronics, Vol.54, Issue.9, September 2010.
- P. Rakesh Kumar and S. Mahapthra, "Quantum threshold voltage modeling of short channel quad gate silicon nanowire transistor", IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology, Vol. 10, No.1, January 2011.
- Magnetic Field Effect on Threshold Voltage for Ultrathin Silicon Gate-All-Around Nanowire Field-Effect-Transistors pp.1876-9918, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12633-019-0097-0
- Analytical Performance of the Threshold Voltage and Subthreshold Swing of CSDG MOSFET vol.9, pp.1, 2019, https://doi.org/10.3390/jlpea9010010