- Volume 9 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Multi-Objective Short-Term Fixed Head Hydrothermal Scheduling Using Augmented Lagrange Hopfield Network
- Nguyen, Thang Trung (Dept. of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Ton Duc Thang University) ;
- Vo, Dieu Ngoc (Dept. of Power Systems, Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology)
- Received : 2013.03.04
- Accepted : 2014.07.24
- Published : 2014.11.01
This paper proposes an augmented Lagrange Hopfield network (ALHN) based method for solving multi-objective short term fixed head hydrothermal scheduling problem. The main objective of the problem is to minimize both total power generation cost and emissions of
Augmented lagrange hopfield network;Fixed head;Fuzzy set theory;Hydrothermal scheduling;Multi-objective
- I. A. Farhat and M. E. El-Hawary, "Multi-objective short-term hydro-thermal scheduling using bacterial foraging algorithm", 2011 IEEE Electrical Power and Energy Conference, 176-181.
- A. H. A. Rashid and K. M. Nor, "An efficient method for optimal scheduling of fixed head hydro and thermal plants", IEEE Trans. Power Systems, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 632-636, May 1991. https://doi.org/10.1109/59.76706
- J. Sasikala. M. Ramaswamy, "PSO based economic emission dispatch for fixed head hydrothermal systems", Electr. Eng., vol. 94, no. 12, pp. 233-239, Dec. 2012 https://doi.org/10.1007/s00202-012-0234-x
- A. J. Wood and B. F. Wollenberg, Power generation, operation and control, 2nd edn, New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1996.
- G.G. Oliveira and S. Soares, "A second-order network flow algorithm for hydrothermal scheduling," IEEE Trans. Power Systems, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 1635-1641, Aug. 1995.
- Md.S. Salam, K.M. Nor, and A.R, Hamdan, "Hydrothermal scheduling based Lagrangian relaxation approach to hydrothermal coordination," IEEE Trans. Power Systems, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 226-235, Feb. 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/59.651640
- W.S. Sifuentes and A. Vargas, "Hydrothermal scheduling using benders decomposition: accelerating techniques," IEEE Trans. Power Systems, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 1351-1359, Aug. 2007.
- K.P. Wong and Y.W. Wong, "Short-term hydrothermal scheduling - Part II: parallel simulated annealing approach," IEE Proc.-Gener. Transm. Distrib., vol. 141, no. 5, pp. 502-506, Sept. 1994. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-gtd:19941351
- P.-C. Yang, H.-T. Yang, and C.-L. Huang, "Scheduling short-term hydrothermal generation using evolutionary programming techniques," IEE Proc.- Gener. Transnm. Distrib., vol. 143, no. 4, 371-376, Jul. 1996. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-gtd:19960463
- E. Gil, J. Bustos, and H. Rudnick, "Short-term hydrothermal generation scheduling model using a genetic algorithm," IEEE Trans. Power Systems, vol. 18, no. 4, 1256-1264, Nov. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2003.819877
- L. Lakshminarasimman and S. Subramanian, "Shortterm scheduling of hydrothermal power system with cascaded reservoirs by using modified differential evolution," IEE Proc.-Gener. Transm. Distrib., vol. 153, no. 6, 693-700, Nov. 2006.
- J.Polprasert and W.Ongsakul, "Augmented Lagrange Hopfield network for economic dispatch," Australasian Universities Power Engineering Conference, AUPEC 2007, Dec. 2007, Perth, Australia.
- J. Zhang, J. Wang, and C. Yue, "Small populationbased particle swarm optimization for short-term hydrothermal scheduling," IEEE Trans. Power Systems, vol. 27, no. 1, 142-152, Feb. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2011.2165089
- R. Naresh and J. Sharma, "Two-phase neural network based solution technique for short term hydrothermal scheduling," IEE Proc-Gener. Transm. Distrib., vol. 146, no. 6, 657-663, Nov. 1999. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-gtd:19990855
- V. N. Dieu and W. Ongsakul, "Hopfield Lagrange for short-term hydrothermal scheduling," IEEE Power Tech 2005, June 2005, St. Petersburg, Russia.
- V. N. Dieu and W. Ongsakul, "Enhanced merit order and augmented Lagrange Hopfield network for hydrothermal scheduling," Int. J. Electrical Power & Energy Systems, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 93-101, Feb. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijepes.2007.06.022
- V. N. Dieu and W. Ongsakul, "Improved merit order and augmented Lagrange Hopfield network for short term hydrothermal scheduling," Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 50, no. 12, pp. 3015-3023, Dec. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2009.07.021
- M. Sakawa, H. Yano, and T. Yumine, "An interactive fuzzy satisfying method for multi-objective linear programming problems and its applications," IEEE Trans. Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, vol. SMC-17, no. 4, pp. 654-661, Jul./Aug. 1987.
- C.G. Tapia and B.A. Murtagh, "Interactive fuzzy programming with preference criteria in multi-objective decision making," Computers & Operations Research, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 307-316, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1016/0305-0548(91)90032-M
- J.S. Dhillon, S.C. Parti and D.P. Kothari, "Fuzzy decision-making in stochastic multiobjective shortterm hydrothermal scheduling," IEE Proc. Gener., Transm. Distrib., vol. 149, pp. 191-200, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-gtd:20020176
- An efficient cuckoo bird inspired meta-heuristic algorithm for short-term combined economic emission hydrothermal scheduling 2016, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.asej.2016.04.003