- Volume 9 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Group Building Based Power Consumption Scheduling for the Electricity Cost Minimization with Peak Load Reduction
- Oh, Eunsung ;
- Park, Jong-Bae ;
- Son, Sung-Yong
- Received : 2013.10.21
- Accepted : 2014.06.10
- Published : 2014.11.01
In this paper, we investigate a group building based power consumption scheduling to minimize the electricity cost. We consider the demand shift to reduce the peak load and suggest the compensation function reflecting the relationship between the change of the building demand and the occupants' comfort. Using that, the electricity cost minimization problem satisfied the convexity is formulated, and the optimal power consumption scheduling algorithm is proposed based on the iterative method. Extensive simulations show that the proposed algorithm achieves the group management gain compared to the individual building operation by increasing the degree of freedom for the operation.
Power consumption scheduling;Group energy management system;Building energy management system;Demand shifting;Peak reduction;Building comfort
- "Energy efficiency trends in residential and comercial buildings," White Paper, U.S. Dept. of Energy, Aug. 2010
- "Energy efficiency requirements in building codes, energy efficiency policies for new buildings," White Paper, Int. Energy Agency (IEA), Mar. 2008
- "Buildings energy data book," White Paper, U.S. Dept. of Energy, Mar. 2012
- "The Costs and Benefits of Green Buildings", A Report to California's Sustainable Building Task Force, Oct. 2003
- H. Doukas, K. D. Patlitzianas, K. Iatropoulos, and J. Psarras, "Intelligent building energy management system using rule sets," Building and Environment, vol. 42, No. 10, pp. 3562-3569, Oct. 2007 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.buildenv.2006.10.024
- J. Han, Y. K. Jeong, and I. Lee, "Efficient Building Energy Management System Based on Ontology, Inference Rules, and Simulation," in Proc. of 2011 IACSIT Singapore Conference, vol. 5, Sep. 2011, pp. 295-299
- R. Alcala, J. Casillas, O. Cordon, A. Gonzalez, and F. Herrera "A genetic rule weighting and selection process for fuzzy control of heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems," Articial Intelligence, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 279-296, Apr. 2005
- A. I. Dounis and C. Caraiscos, "Advanced control systems engineering for energy and comfort management in a building environment - A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 1246-1261, Aug. 2009 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2008.09.015
- V. M. Zavala, C. Thomas, M. Zimmerman, and A. Ott, "Next-generation building energy management systems and implications for electricity markets," Tech. Paper (ANL/MCS-TM-315), Argonne National Lab., Jul. 2011
- Young-Min Wi, Ji-Hui Kim, Sung-Kwan Joo, Jong- Bae Park, and Jae-Chul Oh, "Customer baseline load (CBL) calculation using exponential smoothing model with weather adjustment," in Proc. of IEEE T&D Conf. & Expo.: Asia and Pacific, Mar. 2009, pp. 1-4
- Almas Heshmati, "Survey of models on demand, customer base-line and demand response and their relationships in the power market," IZA Discussion Paper, no. 6637, Jun. 2012
- R. Yang and L. Wang, "Multi-objective optimization for decision-making of energy and comfort management in building automation and control," Sustainable Cities and Society, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 1-7, Feb. 2012 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scs.2011.09.001
- Electric rate table, KEPCO, Nov. 2013.
- H. Park, N. Martaj, M. Ruellan, R. Bennacer, and E. Monmasson, "Modeling of a Building System and its Parameter Identification," J. Electr. Eng. Technol., vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 975-983, Sep. 2013 https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2013.8.5.975
- S. Boyd and L. Vandenberghe, Convex Optimization. Cambridge, CB2 2RU, UK: Cambridge University Press, 2004.
- Statistics of electric power in Korea, White Paper, Korea Electric Power Corporation, Jun. 2012.
- E. Oh, S.-Y. Son, and J.-B. Park, "An Optimal Power Consumption Scheduling considering Comfort Level based on the Group Energy Management Scheme," in Proc. of ISGC&E 2013, Jul. 2013, pp. 746-750.
- A new method for cost-effective demand response strategy for apartment-type factory buildings vol.151, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enbuild.2017.06.044
- Operational planning for multi-building portfolio in an uncertain energy market vol.103, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enbuild.2015.06.060
- A framework for consumer electronics as a service (CEaaS): a case of clustered energy storage systems vol.63, pp.2, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1109/TCE.2017.014846
- Optimal demand response strategy of a portfolio of multiple commercial buildings: Methods and a case study vol.22, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1080/23744731.2016.1175910
Supported by : Korea Institute of Energy Technology Evaluation Panning(KETEP)