- Volume 9 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Novel Algorithm for Reducing Restoration Time in Smart Distribution Systems Utilizing Reclosing Dead Time
- Hussain, Akhtar ;
- Choi, Myeon-Song ;
- Lee, Seung-Jae
- Received : 2013.11.11
- Accepted : 2014.05.07
- Published : 2014.11.01
After an occurrence of a fault in any distribution system, it is desired to limit the effects of the fault to smallest possible area and restore the un-faulty areas as soon as possible. Due the advancements in communication technologies, this task can be achieved in multiple efficient ways. In order to decrease the restoration time in the Smart Grid Distribution Management System (SDMS) a communication based algorithm is proposed in this paper, in which the restoration can be done during reclosing. This paper also analyzes various communication failures with power failures cases including the entire network of communication failures. Results of all these cases have been verified by doing simulations.
Smart grid distribution management system;Over-current protection;3-link 6-section distribution system;Restoration during reclosing
- John Bryson and Patrick D. Gallagher, NIST Special Publication 1108R2, "NIST Framework and Roadmap for Smart Grid Interoperability Standards", Release 2.0, Feb. 2012, p.27-31.
- I. H. Lim, Y. I. Kim, H. T. Lim, M. S. Choi, S. Hong, S.J. Lee, S.I. Lim, S.W. Lee, and B.N. Ha, "Distributed Restoration System Applying Multi-Agent in Distribution Automation System", IEEE Power and Energy Society general meeting, 2008.
- Young-Taek JIN, Sung-Jun PARK, Seung-Jae LEE, Myeon-Song CHOI, "Intelligent Agent Based Protection for Smart Grid Distribution Systems" 21st International Conference on Electricity Distribution, June 2011.
- Tae-Il Choi, Kwang Y. Lee, Dong Ryul Lee, and Jeong Kil Ahn, "Communication System for Distribution Automation Using CDMA" IEEE transactions on power delivery, vol. 23, no. 2, April 2008.
- James Norhcote-Green and Robert Wilson, "Control and Automation of Electrical Power Distribution System", 2007, p. 333-346.
- Jang-Wan Seung, "Power Distribution Protection Statement (배전 보호 기술서)", 2011, p. 88-89.
- Hamsyah Trirohadi "Optimal Placement of Auto Switches for 6-sections 3-links in Distribution Networks", Master's Thesis 2010.
- Yoku Matsumoto, Akira Ono, Syuji Hase, Tomoo Kinoshita, and Katsuya Abe, "Development of Advanced DistributionAutomation System Using Genetic Algorithm", IEEE Transmission and Distribution Conference and Exhibition, Oct 2002.
- T. Nagata, Member, IEEE, and H. Sasaki, Member, IEEE "A Multi-Agent Approach to Power System Restoration" IEEE transactions on power systems, vol. 17, no. 2, may 2002.
- Daniel S. Kirschen, Terry L. Volkmann "Guiding a Power System Restoration with an Expert System" IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vo1. 6, No. 2, May 1991.
- A service interruption free testing methodology for IEDs in IEC 61850-based substation automation systems vol.87, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijepes.2016.11.007
- N-version programming-based protection scheme for microgrids: A multi-agent system based approach vol.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.segan.2016.02.001
- A standards-based approach for Auto-drawing single line diagram of multivendor smart distribution systems vol.96, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijepes.2017.10.003
- Line Security Evaluation of WANS Considering Protectability of Relays and Vulnerability of Lines vol.9, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2014.9.6.1864
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea