- Volume 15 Issue 18
DOI QR Code
Is Waterpipe Smoking Becoming Increasingly Widespread Among the Youth?
- Cinar, Nursan (Department of Pediatric Nursing, Division of Nursing, School of Health Sciences, Sakarya University) ;
- Cakmak, Vahide (Division of Nursing, School of Health Sciences, Sakarya University)
- Published : 2014.10.11
- Alvur MT, Cinar N, Akduran F, Dede C (2014). Fallacies about water pipe use in Turkish university students-what might be the consequences? Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 1977-80. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.5.1977
- EA, Gunukula SK, Aleem S, et al (2011). The prevalence of waterpipe tobacco smoking among the general and specific populations: a systematic review. BMC Pub Health, 11, 244. https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2458-11-244
- AL-Naggar RA, Saghir FSA (2011). Water pipe (shisha) smoking and associated factors among Malaysian university students. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 12, 3041-47.
- AL-Naggar RA, Bobryshev YV (2012). Shisha smoking and associated factors among medical students in Malaysia. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 13, 5627-32. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2012.13.11.5627
- Alzohairy MA (2012). Water pipe&cigarette smoking among qassim university male students: Prevalence and beliefs. Intern J Health Sci, Qassim University, 6, 45-5.
- Amin TT, Monem Amr MA, Zaza BO, Suleman W (2010). Harm perception, attitudes and predictors of waterpipe (shisha) smoking among secondary school adolescents in Al-Hassa, Saudi Arabia. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 11, 293-301.
- Hassoy H, Ergin I, Davas A, Durusoy R, Karababa OA (2011). Determining the factors effecting the cigarette, narghile and hand-rolled tobacco smoking among medical technology vocational training school students and evaluation of their opinions about starting and continuing with their habits of smoking. Respiratory J, 13, 91-9.
- Ibrahimov F, Sahin İ, Eminaga F, et al (2012). Some characteristics of waterpipe users and determination of carbon monoxide (CO) levels in their expiration air. Gulhane Med J, 54, 49-56.
- Jarrett T, Blosnich J, Trowek C, Horn K (2012). Hookah use among U.S. college students: results from the national college health assessment II. Nicotine & Tobacco Research, 14, 1145-53. https://doi.org/10.1093/ntr/nts003
- Korkmaz M, Ersoy S, Ozkahraman S, et al (2013). Tobacco products and alcohol usage situations, and approaches to smoking of the students of suleyman demirel university Medical Journal of Suleyman Demirel University, 20, 34-42.
- Maziak W, Ward KD, Soweid RAA, Eissenberg T (2004). Tobacco smoking using a waterpipe: are-emerging strain in a global epidemic. Tobacco Control, 13, 327-33. https://doi.org/10.1136/tc.2004.008169
- Poyrazoglu S, Sarli S, Gencer Z, Gunay O (2010). Waterpipe (Narghile) smoking among medical and non-medical university students in Turkey. Upsala J Med Sci, 115, 210-6. https://doi.org/10.3109/03009734.2010.487164
- Salameh P, Salame J, Waked M, et al (2014). Waterpipe dependence in university students and effect of normative beliefs: a cross-sectional study. BMJ Open, 4, 004378.
- Shihadeh A, Salman R, Jaroudi, et al (2012). Does switching to a tobacco-free waterpipe product reduce toxicant intake? A crossover study comparing CO, NO, PAH, volatile aldehydes, ''tar'' and nicotine yields. Food Chemical Toxicol, 50, 1494-8. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fct.2012.02.041
- Perceptions of Turkish University Students about the Effects of Water Pipe Smoking on Health vol.16, pp.11, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.11.4615
- Systematic Review on International Practices in Controlling Waterpipe Tobacco Smoking vol.16, pp.9, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.9.3659
- Turkish Adolescent Perceptions about the Effects of Water Pipe Smoking on their Health vol.16, pp.18, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.18.8645