- Volume 15 Issue 18
DOI QR Code
Long Term Outcomes of Laser Conization for High Grade Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia in Thai Women
- Wongtiraporn, Weerasak (Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University) ;
- Laiwejpithaya, Somsak (Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University) ;
- Sangkarat, Suthi (Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University) ;
- Benjapibal, Mongkol (Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University) ;
- Rattanachaiyanont, Manee (Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University) ;
- Ruengkhachorn, Irene (Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University) ;
- Chaopotong, Pattama (Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University) ;
- Laiwejpithaya, Sujera (Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University)
- Published : 2014.10.11
Aim: To report long term outcomes of laser conization for high grade cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN) in Thai women. Materials and Methods: A retrospective cohort study was conducted in patients undergoing laser conization due to abnormal cervical cytology suggesting neoplasia during 1989 to 1994 and having follow-up data until December 2010. Conization was performed under colposcopy using a 0.5-mm
- Bar-Am A, Daniel Y, Ron IG, et al (2000). Combined colposcopy, loop conization and laser vaporization reduces recurrent abnormal cytology and residual disease in cervical dysplasia. Gynecol Oncol, 78, 47-51. https://doi.org/10.1006/gyno.2000.5825
- Baser E, Ozgu E, Erkilinc S, et al (2013). Clinical outcomes of cases with cervical dysplasia absent in cold knife conization specimens. Asian Pacific J Cancer Prev, 14, 6693-6.. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.11.6693
- Forsmo S, Hansen MH, Jacobsen BK, Qian P (1996). Pregnancy outcome after laser surgery for cervical intraepithelial neoplasia. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand, 75, 139-43. https://doi.org/10.3109/00016349609033306
- Bekassy Z (1997). Long-term follow-up of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia treated with minimal conization by carbondioxide laser. Lasers Surg Med, 20, 461-6. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1096-9101(1997)20:4<461::AID-LSM13>3.0.CO;2-E
- Dorsey JH, Diggs ES (1979). Microsurgical conization of the cervix by carbondioxide laser. Obstet Gynecol, 54, 565-70.
- Duggan BD, Felix JC, Muderspach LI, et al (1999). Cold-knife conization versus conization by the loop electrosurgical excision procedure: a randomized prospective study. Am J Obstet Gynecol, 180, 276-82. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0002-9378(99)70200-0
- Khuhaprema T, Attasara P, Sriplung H, et al (2012). Cancer in Thailand. Vol. VI, 2004-2006. Bangkok, National Cancer Institute, Department of Medical Service, Ministry of Public Health.
- Laiwejpithaya S, Rattanachaiyanont M, Benjapibal M, et al (2008). Comparison between Siriraj liquid-based and conventional cytology for detection of abnormal cervicovaginal smears: a split sample study. Asian Pacific J Cancer Prev, 9, 575-80.
- Lu CH, Liu FS, Kuo CJ, et al (2006). Prediction of persistence or recurrence after conization for cervical intraepithelial neoplasia III. Obstet Gynecol, 107, 830-5. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.AOG.0000206777.28541.fc
- Mathevet P, Dargent D, Roy M, Beau G (1994). A randomized study comparing three techniques of conization: cold knife cone, laser and LEEP. Gynecol Oncol, 54, 175-9. https://doi.org/10.1006/gyno.1994.1189
- Miller NF, Todd OE (1938). Conization of the cervix. Surg Gyncol Obstet, 67, 265-70.
- Mitchell MF, Schottenfeld D, Tortolero-Luna G, et al (1998). Colposcopy for the diagnosis of squamous intraepithelial lesion: a meta analysis. Obstet Gynecol, 91, 626-31. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0029-7844(98)00006-4
- Raio L, Ghezzi F, Di Naro E, et al (1997). Duration of pregnancy after carbon dioxide laser conization of the cervix: influence of cone height. Obstet Gynecol, 90, 978-82. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0029-7844(97)00489-4
- Moss EL, Dhar KK, Byrom J, Jones PW, Redman CW (2009). The diagnostic accuracy of colposcopy in previously treated cervical intraepithelial neoplasia. J Low Genit Tract Dis, 13, 5-9. https://doi.org/10.1097/LGT.0b013e31817f36d4
- Oyesanya OA, Amerazinghe C, Manning EA (1993). A comparison between loop diathermy conization and coldknife conization for management of cervical dysplasia associated with unsatisfactory colposcopy. Gyneol Oncol, 50, 84-8.
- Paraskevaidis E, Lolis ED, Koliopoulos G, et al (2000). Cervical intraepithelial neoplasia outcomes after large loop excision with clear margins. Obstet Gynecol, 95, 828-31. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0029-7844(00)00791-2
- Sadler L, Saftlas A, Wang W, et al (2004). Treatment for cervical intraepithelial neoplasia and risk of preterm delivery. JAMA, 291, 2100-6. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.291.17.2100
- Sagot P, Caroit Y, Winer et al (1995). Obstetrical prognosis for carbon dioxide laser conisation of the uterine cervix. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol, 58, 53-8. https://doi.org/10.1016/0028-2243(94)01986-H
- Sjoborg KD, Vistad I, Myhr SS, et al (2007). Pregnancy outcome after cervical cone excision: a case control study. Acta obstet Gynecol, 86, 423-8. https://doi.org/10.1080/11038120701208158
- Skjeldestad FE, Hagen B, Lie AK, Isaksen C (1997). Residual and recurrent disease after laser conization for cervical intraepithelial neoplasia. Obstet Gynecol, 90, 428-33. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0029-7844(97)00276-7
- Ueda M, Ueki K, Kanemura M, et al (2006). Diagnostic and therapeutic laser conization for cervical intraepithelial neoplasia. Gynecol Oncol, 101, 143-6. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygyno.2005.10.001
- Ueki M, Okamoto Y, Misaki O, et al (1994). Conservative therapy for microinvasive carcinoma of the uterine cervix. Gynecol Oncol, 53, 109-13. https://doi.org/10.1006/gyno.1994.1096
- Wuntakal R, Castanon A, Sasieni PD, Hollingworth A (2013). Pregnancy outcomes after treatment for cervical intraepithelial neoplasia in a Single NHS Hospital. Int J Gynecol Cancer, 23, 710-5. https://doi.org/10.1097/IGC.0b013e3182885496