- Volume 15 Issue 18
DOI QR Code
Preparation of 5-fluorouracil-loaded Nanoparticles and Study of Interaction with Gastric Cancer Cells
- Fan, Yu-Ling (Harbin Commercial University Life Science and Environmental Science Research Center) ;
- Fan, Bing-Yu (National Ministry of Education Antitumor Natural Medicine Engineering Research Center) ;
- Li, Qiang (School of Chemistry and Materials Science, Heilongjiang University) ;
- Di, Hai-Xiao (Harbin Commercial University Life Science and Environmental Science Research Center) ;
- Meng, Xiang-Yu (Harbin Commercial University Life Science and Environmental Science Research Center) ;
- Ling, Na (Harbin Commercial University Life Science and Environmental Science Research Center)
- Published : 2014.10.11
Aims: To prepare 5-fluorouracil (5-Fu) nanoparticles with higher encapsulation efficiency and drug loading, and then investigate interaction with the SGC-7901 gastric cancer cell line. Materials and Methods: Prescription was optimized by orthogonal experiments, the encapsulation efficiency and loading capacity were tested by high-performance liquid chromatography, and inhibition of proliferation by 5-Fu nanoparticles and 5-Fu given to cells for 24, 48 and 72 hours was investigated by methyl thiazolyl tetrazolium assay (MTT). In addition, 5-Fu nanoparticles were labeled by fluorescein isothiocyanate (FITC), and absorption into cells was tested by flow cytometry. Results: The optimal conditions for preparation were concentrations of 5-Fu of 5mg/ml, of
- Arora S, Gupta S, Narang RK, et al (2011). Amoxicillin loaded chitosan-alginate olyelectrolyte complex nanoparticles as copenetrating delivery system for H. Pylori. Sci Pharm, 79, 673-94. https://doi.org/10.3797/scipharm.1011-05
- Champion JA, Walker A, Mitragotri S (2008). Role of particle size in phagocytosis of polymeric microspheres. Pharm Res, 25, 1815-21. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11095-008-9562-y
- Chung YC, Su YP, Chen CC (2004). Relationship between antibacterial activity of chitosan and surface characteristics of cell wall. Acta Pharmacol Sin, 25, 932-6.
- Chouhan R, Bajpai A (2009). An in vitro release study of 5-ﬂuoro-uracil (5-FU) from swellable poly- (2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate) (PHEMA) nanoparticles. J Mater Sci: Mater Med, 20 1103-14. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10856-008-3677-x
- Fatemeh SMT, Kazem N-K, Abolfazl A, et al (2014). PLGAbased nanoparticles as cancer drug delivery systems. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 517-35. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.2.517
- Grem JL (2000). 5-Fluorouracil: forty-plus and still ticking. A review of its preclinical and clinical development. Invest New Drugs, 18, 299-313. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1006416410198
- Hala YEK, Azza AA (2014). Bactericidal application and cytotoxic activity of biosynthesized silver nanoparticles with an extract of the red seaweed pterocladiella capillaceaon the HepG2 cell line. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 1299-306. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.3.1299
- Huang M, Khor E, Lim LY (2004). Uptake and cytotoxicity of chitosan molecules and nanoparticles: effects of molecular weight and degree of deacetylation. Pharma Res, 21, 344-53. https://doi.org/10.1023/B:PHAM.0000016249.52831.a5
- Huang M, Ma ZS, Khor E, et al (2002). Uptake of FITC-chitosan nanoparticles by A549 cells. Pharm Res, 19, 1488-94. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1020404615898
- Li S, Wang AX, Jiang WQ, et al (2008). Pharmacokinetic characteristics and anticancer effects of 5-fluorouracil loaded nanoparticles. BMC Cancer, 8, 103. https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2407-8-103
- Llorca FC, Esquerdo GG, Cervera GJ, et al (2005). 5-Fluorouracilinduced small bowel toxicity in a patient with colorectal cancer. Clin Transl Oncol, 7, 356-57. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02716552
- Manar ES, Awatif AH (2012). Gold nanoparticles induce apoptosis in MCF-7 human breast cancer cells. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 13, 1617-20. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2012.13.4.1617
- Medina C, Santos-Martinez MJ, Radomsk A, et al (2007). Nanoparticles: pharmacological and toxicological significance. Bri J Pharmacol, 150, 552-8.
- Osaka T, Nakanishi T, Shanmugam S, et al (2009). Effect of surface charge of magnetite nanoparticles on their internalization into breast cancer and umbilical vein endothelial cells. Colloid Surface B, 71, 325-30. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.colsurfb.2009.03.004
- Soodabeh D, Samira A, Kazem N-K, et al (2014). Physicochemical characteristics of Fe3O4 magnetic nanocomposites based on poly (N-isopropylacrylamide) for anti-cancer drug delivery. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 49-54. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.1.49
- Thorek D, Tsourkas A (2008). Size, charge and concentration dependent uptake of iron oxide particles by non-phagocytic cells. Biomaterials, 29, 3583-90. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biomaterials.2008.05.015
- Tsuda H (2010). Risk assessment studies of nanomaterials in Japan and other countries. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 10, 13-4.
- Wang X, Wang YQ, Chen Z, et al (2009). Advances of cancer therapy by nanotechnology. Cancer Res Treat, 41, 1-11. https://doi.org/10.4143/crt.2009.41.1.1
- Yin HT, Zhang DG, Wu XL, et al (2013). In vivo evaluation of curcumin-loaded nanoparticles in a A549 xenograft mice model. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14 409-12. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.1.409
- You J Ch, Liu Y Ch, Peng Ch A (2006). Effcient gene transfection using chitosan-alginate core-shell nanoparticles. Int J Nanomed, 1, 173-80.
- Zhang DY, Shen XZ, Wang JY, et al (2008). Preparation of chitosan-polyaspartic acid-5-fuorouracil nanoparticles and its anti-carcinoma effect on tumor growth in nude mice. World J Gastroenterol, 14, 3554-62. https://doi.org/10.3748/wjg.14.3554
- Zhang J, Chen XG, Peng WB, et al (2008). Uptake of oleoylchitosan nanoparticles by A549 cells. Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology Biology Medicine, 4, 208-14. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nano.2008.03.006
- Zhang Y, Zhuo RX (2006). Synthesis, characterization and in vitro 5-fu release behavior of poly (2, 2-dimethyltrimethylenecarbonate)-poly (ethyleneglycol)-poly (2, 2-dimethyltrim-ethylenecarbonate) nanoparticles. J Biomed Materials Res, 76, 674-80.
- Preparation, Evaluation and Bioavailability Studies of Eudragit Coated PLGA Nanoparticles for Sustained Release of Eluxadoline for the Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome vol.8, pp.1663-9812, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3389/fphar.2017.00844