- Volume 15 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Study of apartment plan technology adopting structural element of Hanok
공동주택에 적용 가능한 한옥 평면기술에 관한 연구
- Park, Kyung Hyun (School of Architecture, Seoul National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Roh, Young-Sook (School of Architecture, Seoul National University of Science and Technology)
- Received : 2014.06.25
- Accepted : 2014.10.10
- Published : 2014.10.31
This study examined the structural elements of Korean-style houses (Hanok) and proposed formula accounting for their similar patterns and regular behavior. The design of modern apartment buildings adopts many aesthetic elements from Hanok but those are only for interior decoration. In this study, the projected Hanok eaves were examined in terms of the length of solar insolation. Leaning pillars toward the inside of the building were analyzed in detail not only for the front and back pillar, side pillar, but also the corner pillar. This study also suggested a design element from the Hanok structure, such as the elevated balcony, porch flooring, and inner garden in porch area. In addition, the new apartment plan improved air circulation, ventilation and natural lighting.
Elevated balcony;Korean style house(Hanok);Inclined column;Modern apartment plan
Supported by : 서울과학기술대학교
- Status of Urban Planning Statistics 2011, Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs, 2011
- S-S. Jo, H-K. Kim, B-M. Park, "Evaluation of safety by structural analysis of traditional weeden building", Journal of Korea institute for structural maintenance and inspection, vol.9, no.4, pp.149-158, 2005
- H-J. Kang, "The Plan for Apartment Unit containing the Space Organization, Residential Space and Housing Design Elements of Han-Ok", Journal of the Korean Institute of Interior Design, vol.22, no.5, pp. 250-257, 2013 https://doi.org/10.14774/JKIID.2013.22.5.250
- J-H. Lee, "Analytical study for the plan of unit household in national housing scale - oriented on the cases of kras housing corporation since 2005", Journal of the Korean Institute of Interior Design, vol.19, no.1, pp.180-189, 2010.
- G-T. Yi, D-Y. Cheon, "A Study on projecting eaves in the Korean traditional houses", Proceedings of Architectural Institute of Korea, vol.,2010, no.1, 2010
- D. M. Kim, "A study on the arrangement of pillar for place architecture so called Anssolrim technique", MumhwaJae, vol.43, no.2, pp.19-26, 2010.
- J. I. Kim, "Meaning and transfiguration of Maru/Taechong space in the modernization of Housing in Korea", Journal of the Korean Housing Association, vol.1, no.1, pp.27-35, 1990.
- A Study on the inclined balcony and double deck structure of Korean traditional housing vol.16, pp.12, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.12.8408