- Volume 15 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Study of Trends in The Architecture and The Economic Efficiency of 3D Printing Technology
3D프린팅 기술의 건축분야 활용 동향과 경제성에 관한 연구
- Jung, Suk-Jae (Department of Architecture, Soonchunhyang University) ;
- Lee, Tae-Hee (Department of Architecture, Soonchunhyang University)
- Received : 2014.09.26
- Accepted : 2014.10.10
- Published : 2014.10.31
The aim of this study was to consider new 3D printing techniques and how to use them in architecture, compare the 3D printing and current techniques, and analyze them economically. 3D printing technology is expected to result in considerable changes to the entire system, such as production and distribution using this new technology in the near future. In addition, architecture is expected to follow this trend. This study examined how to take advantage of 3D printing technology in construction to prepare for a new architectural trend of 3D printing technology in the future. This study examined the 3D printing technology that is used in buildings and the current state of 3D printing technology. In addition, the 3D printing technology and current technology was also compared, and analyzed economically. 3D printing technology is the step before the stage of practical use. On the other hand, the commercialization of 3D printing technology makes it possible to reduce the cost compared to the current method. Furthermore, as the technology is developed in the future, the cost is expected to be reduced further. Therefore, the use of 3D printing technology in architecture is expected increase continually.
3D Printing;Contour Crafting;Minibuilders;Mataerial;Kamermaker
Supported by : 순천향대학교
- Choi, Sung-Kwon, "3D Printing Technology and Architectural Application", Review of Architecture and Building Science, v.58, no.2, 17-25, 2014.
- Moon, Hyeon-Seok, "3D Printer - Innovation of Construction Production Method", Korea Institute of Construction Engineering and Management, v.15, no.2, 42-47, 2014.
- Hiroshi, The Takenaka freely formwork in 3D printer , nihon Keizai Shimbun, 2014 Aug 8,Available From: http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXMZO75366290X00C14A8000000/, (Accessed Sep, 13, 2014)
- DUS Architecture, 3D Print Canal House, DUS Architecture, 2014, Available From: http://3dprintcanalhouse.com/, (Accessed Sep, 13, 2014)
- IAAC, Small robots printing big structures, Minibuilder by IAAC, 2014, Available From: http://iaac.net/printingrobots/, (Accessed Sep, 13, 2014)
- IAAC, JORIS LAARMANLAB, A RADICALLY NEW 3D PRINTING METHOD, MATAERIAL, 2014, Available From: http://www.mataerial.com/ (Accessed Sep, 13, 2014)
- Behrokh Khoshnevis, CONTOUR CRAFTING, USC Viterbi School of Engineering, 2014, Availavle Ffrom: http://www.contourcrafting.org/, (Accessed Sep, 13, 2014)
- Behrokh Khoshnevis, House of the Future: Construction by Contour Crafting, URBAN INITIATIVE POLICY BRIEF, 1-6, 2004
- Lee, Tae-Hee, "architectural field application trend of 3D Printer", The Korea Academia-Industiral Cooperation Society , v.6, no.2, 30-35, 2014.
- A Case Study on Collaborations in 3D Printing Fashion vol.66, pp.7, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7233/jksc.2016.66.7.124