- Volume 15 Issue 10
Multimedia documents can be transferred quickly and easily across the Internet, and has attracted considerable interest in multimedia security and multimedia copyright protection. This paper proposes an animage watermarking scheme embedding a binary watermark image using Discrete Wavelet Transform (DWT) coefficients. The original image is transformed to the wavelet domain and decomposed in subbands. The binary watermark image, as a sequence of bits, is embedded into the middle frequency subbands. The original image is not needed to detect the watermark image. The proposed method detected fewer watermark bits but produced an approximately 10dB higher PSNR than the max/min method.
binary watermark image;image watermarking;Discrete Wavelet Transform(DWT);Digital watermarking
- H.C Tseng and T.R Fisher, "Transform and hybrid transform /DPCM coding of images using pyramid vector quantization," IEEE Trans. on Comm., Vol. COM-35 no 1.:79-86, January 1987 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TCOM.1987.1096668 https://doi.org/10.1109/TCOM.1987.1096668
- T.R.Fischer, "A pyramid vector quantized," IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, IT-32:568-583, July 1986. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TIT.1986.1057198 https://doi.org/10.1109/TIT.1986.1057198
- P. Filip and M. Ruf, " A Fixed-rate product pyramid vector quantization using a bayesian model," Globecom1992.
- P.D'Alessandro and R. Lancini, "Pyramid vector quantization applied to a transform image coding," Picture Coding Symposium,1993.
- M. Barlaud, P. Sole, M. Antonini, and P. Mathieu, " A pyramidal scheme for lattice vector quantization of wavelet transform coefficients applied to image coding," Proc IEEE ICASSP 92, p.401, March 1992. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ICASSP.1992.226351 https://doi.org/10.1109/ICASSP.1992.226351
- E. K. Tsern, A.C. Hung, and T. H.-Y. Meng, " Video compression for portable communication using pyramid vector quantization of subband coefficients," 1993 IEEE Wkshp. on VLSI Sig. Proc., Netherlands, October 1993. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/VLSISP.1993.404461 https://doi.org/10.1109/VLSISP.1993.404461
- P. Chan, M. Lyu and R. Chin, "A Novel Scheme for Hybrid Digital Video Watermarking: Approach, Evaluation and Experimentation", IEEE Trans. Circuits and Systems for Video Technoloty, vol. 15, no. 12, pp. 1638-1649, Dec 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TCSVT.2005.856932 https://doi.org/10.1109/TCSVT.2005.856932
- A. Nikolaidis and I. Pitas, "Asymptotically Optimal Detection for Additive Watermarking in the DCT and DWT domains", IEEE Trans. Image Processing, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 563-571, May 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TIP.2003.810586 https://doi.org/10.1109/TIP.2003.810586
- P. Dang and P. Chau, "Image Encryption for Secure Internet Multimedia Applications", IEEE Trans. Consum. Electron., vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 395-403, Aug 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/30.883383 https://doi.org/10.1109/30.883383
Supported by : Chosun University