- Volume 15 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Middle-aged Women's Health-related Preparation for Elderly Life - On centering culture centers in Daegu-city
중년여성의 건강관련 노후준비 -대구광역시 문화센타를 중심으로-
- Bae, Yun-Jo (Department of Nursing, Kyungwoon University) ;
- Kong, Soon-Hee (Department of health administration, Yeungnam University College)
- Received : 2014.08.01
- Accepted : 2014.10.10
- Published : 2014.10.31
This study examined the preparation for elderly life in terms of health for aging and the related factors in the community (part of Daegu). The data of 391 middle-aged women in this study were collected from 4 culture centers. The interviews were conducted from March 1 until March 25 in 2011 using a structured questionnaire. The data was analyzed by descriptive statistics and logistic regression analysis using the IBM SPSS Statistics 20 program. The variables in preparation for elderly life regarding their health were exercise, good nutrition, proper sleep, and health examination. From the data, the preparation for elderly life regarding middle-aged women's health for successful aging was identified. Therefore, health service programs and healthy environment should be varied based on the result of this study.
Middle-aged women;Health-related;Preparation for elderly life
- Korean Statistical Information Service, Population census, The Aged Statistics, 2013.
- G. H. Jung & C. G. Shon & B. B. Pak, Policy Challenges posed by Emerging 'New Class of Older Persons', Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs, 2010.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare, People's Recognition toward Low Birth Rate and Aging Population, http://www.mw.go.kr, 2011.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare, http://www.mw.go.kr,, 2011
- Korean Statistical Information Service, Population census, 2011.
- S. D. Chung, Comparative Study on the Successful Aging For Korean Elderly Women and Elderly Men, Journal of the Korea Gerontological Society, 27(4):829-845, 2007.
- Korean Statistical Information Service, Life table, 2011.
- Korean Statistical Information Service, Death Etiology, 2012.
- J. L. Yun, Health Care of The aged for Active aging, The Korean Gerontological Society Spring Syposium, 2012.
- Rowe, L. W. & Kahn, R. L., Successful aging, Gerontologist, 37:433-440, 1997. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/geront/37.4.433 https://doi.org/10.1093/geront/37.4.433
- Fisher, B. J., Successful aging, life satisfaction, and generativity in later life, international Journal of Aging and Human Development, 41(3): 239-250, 1995. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2190/HA9X-H48D-9GYB-85XW https://doi.org/10.2190/HA9X-H48D-9GYB-85XW
- Laidlaw, K., Power, M. & Quinn, K., Active Ageing: A 10-step programme to increase longevity, The Gerontologist, 44(1): 53-54, 2004.
- Hsu, H., Exploring elderly people's perspectives on successful aging in Taiwan, Ageing & Society, 27: 87-102, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/S0144686X06005137 https://doi.org/10.1017/S0144686X06005137
- C. J. Park, Economic Preparation's for Aging of the Middle and Old-Aged and Their Determinants, 23(1):275-207, 2008.
- I. S. Kim, Study on the Middle Aged' Preparation for their Old age, Kyunghee University Dissertation, 2004.
- Cho, C. Y. & Song, M. Y. & Lee, K.S., The decision factor on Thinking against Their Old Age of the Middle Generation, Journal of Welfare of the aged, 43: 135-156, 2009.
- Kim, H. M. & Choi, Y. H., Factors Affecting the Preparation for Later Life According to Age in Production Workers, Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing, 19(2), 2010.
- Kim, B. Y., A Study on the Middle-aged of the Provision for their Elderly Life, Mokwon University, Graduate School of Industry and Information, Dissertation, 2002.
- Yim, H. J., The correlation between health condition and preparation for the old-aged in the middle-aged, 2002.
- Ko, J. & Kim, J., A Study on Lifestyle and Preparation Behavior for Old Age Life of Middle-aged Female Consumers, Consumer Policy and Education Review, 5(3):17-39, 2009.
- Choi, Y. H., The sense of Mastery and Health- Promoting Behaviors in the Vulnerable Female Elderly of Urban Areas, Journal of Korean Academy Community Health Nursing, 20(3): 335-342, 2009.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare, Service System for the Preparation plan of Elderly Life, Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs, 2010.
- S. Y. Kim & S. Y. Sohn, Factors related to Health related Quality of Life in Rural Elderly Women, Journal of Korean Gerontology Nursing, 14(2): 91-98, 2012.
- S. Y. Shon, Factors related to the health related quality of life in elderly women, Korean Journal of women Health Nursing, 15(2): 99-107, 2009. https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2009.15.2.99
- Statistics Korea, Report on the Social Survey, 2013.
- Seong, M. S., A Study on Middle-Aged Women's Provision and Measures for Old Age, Donggul University, Graduate school of Social science, Dissertation석사, 2004.
- K. H. Jung et al., Baby Boomers' Demographic Profiles and Welfare Needs, Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs, 2010.
- G. Y. Jun, H. A. Song, S. J. & I. M. Kim, Family life education program of preparation for successful aging, Journal of the Korea Gerontological Society, 20(1): 69-91, 2000.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare, Preparation for Elderly Life Press release, 2012.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare, The characteristics of old age preparation of Korean Adults and policy implications, Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs, 2009.