- Volume 15 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Modeling Study of Development of Dying Well Education Program for the Medical Personnel in Korea
의료진 대상 웰 다잉 교육프로그램 개발을 위한 모델링에 관한 연구
- Kim, Kwang-Hwan (Dept. of Hospital Management, College of Medical Sciences, Konyang University) ;
- Kim, Yong-Ha (Dept. of Hospital Management, College of Medical Sciences, Konyang University) ;
- Ahn, Sang-Yoon (Dept. of Hospital Management, College of Medical Sciences, Konyang University) ;
- Lee, Chong Hyung (Dept. of Hospital Management, College of Medical Sciences, Konyang University) ;
- Hwang, Hye-Jeong (Dept. of Health & Welfare Management, Konyang Cyber University) ;
- Lee, Moo-Sik (Dept. of Preventive Medicine, College of Medicine, Konyang University) ;
- Kim, Moon-Joon (Dept. of Liberal Education, Konyang University) ;
- Park, Arma (Dept. of Liberal Education, Konyang University) ;
- Shim, Moon-Sook (Dept. of Nursing, College of Nursing, Konyang University) ;
- Song, Hyeon-Dong (Dept. of Hotel & Tourism, College of Global Business & Administration, Konyang University)
- 김광환 (건양대학교 의과학대학 병원경영학과) ;
- 김용하 (건양대학교 의과학대학 병원경영학과) ;
- 안상윤 (건양대학교 의과학대학 병원경영학과) ;
- 이종형 (건양대학교 의과학대학 병원경영학과) ;
- 황혜정 (건양사이버대학교 보건복지경영학과) ;
- 이무식 (건양대학교 의과대학 예방의학교실) ;
- 김문준 (건양대학교 기초교양교육대학) ;
- 박아르마 (건양대학교 기초교양교육대학) ;
- 심문숙 (건양대학교 간호대학 간호학과) ;
- 송현동 (건양대학교 글로벌경영대학 호텔관광학부)
- Received : 2014.09.04
- Accepted : 2014.10.10
- Published : 2014.10.31
The purpose of this study was to examine the status of medical staff stress and accommodating manners on the death of patients in a hospital setting for serving the basic information to develop a death education program of medical personnel from April 1 to April 30, 2014. A survey was performed on 353 medical personnel at K university hospital, located in Daejeon metropolitan city. Frequency analysis, chi-square test, and independent t-test were used to analyze the data. The results showed that 'to understand the value of the time and preparedness of a meaningful future' were the most important perspectives on the contents of death education (p<0.05), 'in order to change perceptions and attitudes toward death positively' was the most important reason why they required death education'(p<0.05), 'case-based teaching and problem-based learning' was the most effective way of death education (p<0.05), 'negative or hostile response of a patient's guardian to medical personnel' was the largest stress that medical personnel confront upon witnessing a death'(p<0.05). An understanding of the death of patients by medical personnel and an awareness of the need for death education will help improve the understanding of the patient, their guardian, and medical personnel themselves. The main findings will contribute to the development of a specific death education program on the medical personnel in a hospital setting.
Death;Death education;The importance of death education;The necessity of death education;Action status for the death
Supported by : 한국연구재단(NRF)
- Kubler-Ross E. On death and dying, Scribner Book Company, 1997.
- Park, H. G. A study on determinants of the attitudes of the aged toward death: Analysis on the attitudes toward the services of death education, social supports and ego integrity. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Kangnam University, Yongin. 2009.
- Kim, J. H., & Min, K. H. Predictors of death attitude and death competency among the elders. Korean Journal of Social and Personality Psychology, vol 24, no 1, pp. 11-27. 2010.
- Kim, S. S., & Kang, Y. S. A study on spirituality and death attitudes of terminal patients with hansen's disease. Mental Health & Social Work, vol 25, pp. 41-73. 2007.
- Kim, H, C. Death of Elderly Community Center two days preparation training death anxiety, and life satisfaction and attitudes impact on the environment, Chosun University, Master's Thesis, Graduate School of Public Health. 2004.
- Park, J, H. Analysis of the effectiveness of educational programs preparing death. Mokwon Graduate School, Master Thesis. 2007.
- Yu J, S. Senior research on the effects of death education preparation, N to the center of Elderly Community Center - Methodist Theological University, Master Thesis. 2007.
- Lee H. J, Park S. T, A Need Assessment of Death Education and Death Attitude among College Students Majoring Social Welfare, Journal of Korea Academy of Social Welfare, vol 13, pp. 119-139. 2010.
- Oh, M. S. Sharing life perception, the Ministry of Health and Welfare, Research and Research, 2011.
- Lee, J. Y, Lee, G. O, Awareness about the death of the elderly. Journal of Korea Gerontology, vol 24, no 2, pp. 193-215. 2004.
- Oh J. T, Kim C. G, Preparatory education for the elderly death attitudes and death effects of depression, Journal of the Korean Gerontological Society, 2009, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 51-69. 2009.
- Holmes TH, Rahe RH. The social readjustment rating scale. Journal of Psychosom Res, vol. 11, pp. 213-218. 1967. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0022-3999(67)90010-4 https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-3999(67)90010-4
- Kang, K. Ah, Comparison of Meaning in Life and Death Attitude between Participants and Non-participants in Well-dying Education, Journal of Korea Oncol Nurs, vol. 10, no. 2, pp.156-162. Aug, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5388/jkon.2010.10.2.156