- Volume 15 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Anti-Cancer Effect of Gallic Acid in CT-26 Cells Inoculated Cancer Bearing Balb/C Mice
CT-26 세포 암 유발 마우스에서 Gallic acid의 항암 효과
- Lee, Jung Hee (Department of Beauty Science, Gwangju Women's University) ;
- Choi, Hwa-Jung (Department of Beauty Science, Gwangju Women's University) ;
- Kim, Pom-Ho (Department of Alternative Medicine of Graduate School of Welfare & Management, Namseoul University)
- Received : 2014.06.16
- Accepted : 2014.10.10
- Published : 2014.10.31
This study examined the anti-cancer activity of gallic acid(GA) isolated from P. suffruticosa. was analyzed by ESI-MS,
Anticancer agents;Biochemical markers;Gallic acid;Mice;Paeonia suffruticosa
- S. H. Park, Y. S. Cho, M. J. Kwack, H. S. Lee, C. B. Kang, "Effect of Kegel exercise on urinary incontinence after radical prostatectomy: Systematic review of randomized controlled trials," Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 219-230, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2013.25.2.219 https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2013.25.2.219
- J. M. Song, "Epidemiology and natural history of prostate cancer," Korean Journal of Urological Oncology, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 6-9, 2003.
- N. H. Kim, S. N. Kim, J. S. Oh, S. Lee, Y. K. Kim, "Anti-mitotic potential of 7-diethylamino-3(2′-benzoxazolyl)-coumarin in 5-fluorouracil-resistant human gastric cancer cell line SNU620/5-FU," Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, 2012; 418: 616-621. Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbrc.2012.01.049
- K. Kanetaka, A. Enjoji, J. Furui, Y. Nagata, H. Fujioka, T. Shiogama, A. Miyata, H. Kishikawa, S. Matsuo, T. Iwata, T. Kanematsu, S. Eguchi, "Effects of intermittent 5-fluorouracil and low-dose cisplatin therapy on advanced and recurrent gastric cancer," Anticancer Research, Vol. 32, No. 8, pp. 3495-3499, 2012.
- C. Dikken, J. Sitzia, "Patients' experiences of chemotherapy: side-effects associated with 5-fluorouracil + folinic acid in the treatment of colorectal cancer," Journal of Clinical Nursing, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp. 371-379, 1998. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2702.1998.00159.x https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2702.1998.00159.x
- H. Zhou, Y. F. Wong, X. Cai, Z. Q. Liu, Z. H. Jiang, Z. X. Bian, H. X. Xu, L Liu, "Suppressive effects of JCICM-6, the extract of an anti-arthritic herbal formula, on the experimental inflammatory and nociceptive models in rodents," Biological & Pharmaceutical Bulletin, Vol. 29, No. 2, pp. 253-260, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1248/bpb.29.253 https://doi.org/10.1248/bpb.29.253
- S. M. Park, D. W. Jun, C. H. Park, J. S. Jang, S. K. Park, B. S. Ko, B. J. Kim, S. B. Choi, "Hyperglycemic effects of crude extracts of Moutan radicis cortex," Korean Journal of Food Science and Technology, Vol. 36, No. 3, pp. 472-477, 2004.
- M. Wu, Z. Gu, "Screening of bioactive compounds from Moutan cortex and their anti-inflammatory activities in rat synoviocytes," Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 57-63, 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/ecam/nem066 https://doi.org/10.1093/ecam/nem066
- O. G. Kweon, J. C. Son, S. C. Kim, S. K. Chung, S. W. Park, "Antimicrobial and antioxidative activities from Moutan cortex extract," Korean Journal of Food Preservation, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 281-285, 1998.
- H. J. Seon, H. Y. Sil, "Isolation and identification of antimicrobial compound from Mokdan bark (Paeonia suffruticosa ANDR)," Journal of the Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition, Vol. 32, No. 7, pp. 1059-1065, 2003. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2003.32.7.1059 https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2003.32.7.1059
- S. Rho, H. S. Chung, M. Kang, E. Lee, C. Cho, H. Kim, S. Park, H. Y. Kim, M. Hong, M. Shin, H. Bae, "Inhibition of production of reactive oxygen species and gene expression profile by treatment of ethanol extract of Moutan cortex radicis in oxidative stressed PC12 cells," Biological & Pharmaceutical Bulletin, Vol. 28, No. 4, pp. 661-666, 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1248/bpb.28.661 https://doi.org/10.1248/bpb.28.661
- J. Y. Kim, H. S. Ju, J. Y. Ban, K. S. Song, Y. H. Seong, "Moutan cortex extract inhibits amyloid B protein (25-35)-induced neurotoxicity in cultured rat cortical neurons," Korean Journal of Pharmacognosy, Vol. 16, No. 6, pp. 409-415, 2008.
- A. Serrano, C. Palacios, G. Roy, C. Cespon, M. L. Villar, M. Nocito, "Gonzalez-Porque P. Derivatives of gallic acid induce apoptosis in tumoral cell lines and inhibit lymphocyte proliferation," Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Vol. 350, No. 1, pp. 49-54, 1998. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1006/abbi.1997.0474 https://doi.org/10.1006/abbi.1997.0474
- K. Yoshioka, T. Kataoka, T. Hayashi, M. Hasegawa, Y. Ishi, H. Hibasami, "Induction of apoptosis by gallic acid in human stomach cancer KATO III and colon adenocarcinoma COLO 205 cell lines," Oncology Reports, Vol. 7, No. 6, pp. 1221-1223, 2000.
- M. Salucci, L. A. Stivala, G. Maiani, R. Bugianesi, V. Vannini, "Flavonoids uptake and their effect on cell cycle of human colon adenocarcinoma cells (Caco2)," British Journal of Cancer, Vol. 86, No. 10, pp. 1645-1651, 2002. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/sj.bjc.6600295 https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.bjc.6600295
- S. R. Aravind, M. M. Joseph, S. Varghese, P. Balaram, T. T. Sreelekha, "Antitumor and immunopotentiating activity of polysaccharide PST001 isolated from the seed kernel of Tamarindus indica: an in vivo study in mice," The Scientific World Journal, Vol. 2012, No. 2, pp. 361-382, 2012.
- K. Miquel, A. Pradines, G. Favre, "Farnesol and geranylgeraniol induce actin cytoskeleton disorganization and apoptosis in A549 lung adenocarcinoma cells," Biochemical and Biophysicla Research Communnications, Vol. 225, No. 3, pp. 869-876, 1996. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1006/bbrc.1996.1265 https://doi.org/10.1006/bbrc.1996.1265
- M. Ishihara, H. Sakagami, "Application of semiempirical method to estimate the cytotoxic activity of gallic acid and its related compounds," Anticancer Research, Vol. 23, No. 3(B), pp. 2549-2552, 2003.
- G. Alessandria, S. Filippeschi, P. Sinibaldi, F. Mornet, P. Passera, F. Spreafico, P. M. Cappa, P. M. Gullino, "Influence of gangliosides on primary and metastatic neoplastic growth in human and murine cells, "Cancer Research, Vol. 47, No. 16, pp. 4243-4247, 1987.
- H. Ohkawa, N. Ohishi, K. Yagi, "Assay for lipid peroxides in animal tissues by thiobarbituric acid reaction," Analytical Biochemistry, Vol. 95, No. 2, pp. 351-35, 1979. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0003-2697(79)90738-3 https://doi.org/10.1016/0003-2697(79)90738-3
- O. W. Griffith, "Determination of glutathione and glutathione disulfide using glutathione reductase and 2-vinyl pridine," Analytical Biochemistry, Vol. 106, No. 1, pp. 207-212, 1980. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0003-2697(80)90139-6 https://doi.org/10.1016/0003-2697(80)90139-6
- S. Reitman, S. K. Frankel, "A colorimetric method for the determination of serum glutamic oxaloacetic and glutamic pyruvic transaminase," American Journal of Clinical Pathology, Vol. 28, No. 1, pp. 56-63, 1957. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcp/28.1.56
- O. Benavente-Garcia, J. Castillo, F. R. Marin, A. Ortuno, J. A. Del Rio, "Uses and properties of citrus flavonoids," Journal of the Agricultural and Food Chemistry, Vol. 45, No. 12, pp. 4505-4515, 1997. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/jf970373s https://doi.org/10.1021/jf970373s
- G. Galati, P. J. O'Brien, "Potential toxicity of flavonoids and other dietary phenolics: significance for their chemopreventive and anticancer properties," Free Radical Biology and Medicine, Vol. 37, No. 3, pp. 287-303, 2004. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.freeradbiomed.2004.04.034 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.freeradbiomed.2004.04.034
- G. S. Oh, H. O. Pae, B. M. Choi, H. S. Lee, I. K. Kim, Y. G. Yun, J. D. Kim, H. T. Chung, "Penta-O-galloylbeta- D-glucose inhibits phorbol myristate acetate-induced interleukin-8 [correction of intereukin-8] gene expression in human monocytic U937 cells through its inactivation of nuclear factor-kappa B," International Immunopharmacology, Vol. 4, No. 3, pp. 377-386, 2004. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.intimp.2003.10.010 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.intimp.2003.10.010
- J. Kim, H. Lee, Y. Lee, B. G. Oh, C. Cho, Y. Kim, M. Shin, M. Hong, S. K. Jung, H. Bae, "Inhibition effects of Moutan Cortex Radicis on secrtion of eotaxin in A549 human epithelial cells and eosinophil migration," Journal of Ethnopharmacology, Vol. 114, No. 2, pp. 186-193, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jep.2007.07.038 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jep.2007.07.038
- R. M. Breikaa, M. M. Algandaby, E. El-Demerdash, A. B. Abdel-Naim, "Biochanin A protects against acute carbon tetrachloride-Induced hepatotoxicity in rats," Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry, Vol. 77, No. 5, pp. 909-916, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1271/bbb.120675 https://doi.org/10.1271/bbb.120675
- C. Aydin, Y. Ay, H. Basel, S. .Kavak, B. Inan, H. Bektas, H. A. Gümrükçüoğlu, H. Ekim, H. Demir, "Analysis of the influences of shortterm levosimendan exposure on oxidant/antioxidant status and trace-element levels in the physiological status of the thoracic aorta of rats," The Journal of Membrane Biology, Vol. 245, No. 12, pp. 827-832, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00232-012-9489-4
- J. R. Mitchell, D. J. Jollow, W. Z. Potter, D. C Davis, J. R. Gillette, B. B. Brodie, "Acetaminophen-induced hepatic necrosis. I. Role of drug metabolism," The Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics,. Vol. 187, No. 1, pp. 185-194, 1973.
- J. Eliza, P. Daisy, S. Ignacimuthu, V. Duraipandiyan, "Antidiabetic and antilipidemic effect of eremanthin from Costus speciosus (Koen.) Sm., in STZ-induced diabetic rats," Chemico-Biological Interactions, 2009; 182:. Vol. 182, No. 1, pp. 67-72, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cbi.2009.08.012