- Volume 15 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Quality of Sleep and its Associated Factors among Male Workers in Small-scale Manufacturing Industries
소규모 제조업 사업장 남성 근로자의 수면의 질 및 관련요인
- Park, Eui-Soo (Department of Health & Medical Information, Daejeon Health Science College) ;
- Shin, Eun-Sook (Department of Health Administration, Joongbu University) ;
- Cho, Young-Chae (Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Chungnam National University School of Medicine)
- Received : 2014.06.16
- Accepted : 2014.10.10
- Published : 2014.10.31
This study was conducted to determine the quality of sleep, and its association with the sociodemographic characteristics, health-related characteristics, and job-related characteristics among male workers in small-scale manufacturing industries with fewer than 50 members. A self-administered questionnaire was distributed to 856 male workers from April
Quality of sleep;Male worker;Manufacturing industry
- Cho KH, Yang HK, Kim KH, Cho YC. Fatigue symptoms and its related factors among clerical public officers. J Korean Soc Health Edu Promotion, 24(1):29-44, 2007.
- Costa G, Ghirlanda G, Minors D. Waterhouse J. Evaluation of a rapidly rotating shift system for tolerance of nurses to night worker. Int Arch Occup Environ Health, 65:305-311, 1994. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/BF00405694 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00405694
- Escriba V, Perez-Hoyos S, Bolumer F. Impact on the length and sleep among nurses of the Valencian region in Spain. Int Arch Occup Environ Health, 64: 125, 1992. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/BF00381480 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00381480
- Lee KA. self-reported sleep disturbances in empolyed women. Sleep 15(6):493-498, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1093/sleep/15.6.493
- Association of Sleep Disorders Centers. diagnostic classification of sleep and arousal disorders. Sleep Disorders Classification Committee, 2:1-137, 1979.
- Parkes JD. Circadian rhythm and sleep, in sleep and it is disorders. London: WB Saunders. 143-145, 1985.
- Takashi O, Amn K, Tomofumi S, Toshihiro L, Makoto U, Masurmi M, Sadahiko N. Night shift work related problem in young female nurses in Japan. J Occup Health, 43:150-156, 2001. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1539/joh.43.150 https://doi.org/10.1539/joh.43.150
- Kim YK, Yoon DY, Kim JI, Chae CH, Hong YS, Yang CK, Kim JM, Kim JY. Effects of Health on shift-Work. Korean J Occup Environ Med, 14(3):247-256, 2002.
- Son MA, Sung JH, Yeom MG, Kong JO, Lee HE, Kim IH, Kim JY. Circadian Disruptions of Heart Rate Variability among Weekly Consecutive -12-hour 2 Shift Workers in the Automobile Factory in Korea. Korean J Prev Med, 37(2):182-189, 2004.
- Southwell MT, Wistow G. Sleep in hospital at night: are patient́s needs being met? J Adv Nurs, 21:1101-1109, 1995. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2648.1995.21061101.x https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2648.1995.21061101.x
- Miller CA. Sleep and Rest. In Nursing Care of Older Adults: Theory and Practice. Little and Brown. 1990.
- WHO. The Asia-Pacific Perspective: Redefining Obesity and Its Treatment. Sydney, Australia, Health Communications Australia Pty Ltd, 2000.
- Monane M. Insomnia in the elderly. Journal Clin Psychiatry, 53(6):23-28, 1992.
- Minors DS, Scott AR, Waterhouse JH. Circadian arrhythmia: shift work, travel and health. J Soc Occup Med, 36:39-44, 1986. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/occmed/36.4.39 https://doi.org/10.1093/occmed/36.4.39
- Gold DR, Rogacx S, Bock N. Rotating shift work, sleep, and accident related to sleepiness in hospital nurses. Am J Public Health, 82:1011-1014, 1992. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.82.7.1011 https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.82.7.1011
- Dement WC, Piscope JA, Brindley FJ. Wake up America: a National Sleep Alert. Washington : US Department Health and Human Service. p54-55. 1993.
- Buysee DJ, Reynolds CF, Monk TH, Berman SR, Kupfer DJ. The Pittsburgh sleep quality index: a new instrument for psychiatric practice and research. Psychiatr Res, 28(2):193-213, 1989. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0165-1781(89)90047-4 https://doi.org/10.1016/0165-1781(89)90047-4
- Kim KD. A Study on Quality of Sleep and Sleep Disturbing Factors among Community Dwelling Elderly. Welfare for the Aged, 7(1):170-188, 2000.
- Park YN, Yang HK, Kim HL, Cho YC. Relationship between shift work, and sleep problems and fatigue symptoms of nurses for general hospitals. Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing, 16(1):37-47, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2010.16.1.37
- Wilkinson R, Allison R, Allison S, Feeney M, Kaninska Z. Alertness of night nurses: two shift systems compared. Ergonomics, 32:281-292, 1989. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00140138908966088 https://doi.org/10.1080/00140138908966088
- Reinberg A, Vieux N, Andlauer P. Concluding remarks on shift work tolerance: perspective based on findings derived from chronobiological field studies on oil refinery workers. Chronobiologia. 6(suppl 1):105-110, 1979.
- Stewart AJ, Wahlquist ML. Effect of shift work on canteen food purchase. J Occup Med, 27(8):552-554, 1985. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/00043764-198508000-00010 https://doi.org/10.1097/00043764-198508000-00010