- Volume 15 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Learning Motivations, Academic Self-Efficacy, and Problem Solving Processes after Practice Education Evaluation
실습교육 평가방법에 따른 학습동기, 학업적 자기효능감 및 문제해결과정
- Kim, Yeong-Hee (Jinju Health College Nursing Department)
- 김영희 (진주보건대학교 간호학부)
- Received : 2014.06.27
- Accepted : 2014.10.10
- Published : 2014.10.31
This study was designed to clarify the learning motivations, academic self-efficacy, and problem-solving processes in the educational evaluative method in the fundamental nursing practice using moving pictures. The learning motivations and academic self-efficacy showed statistical differences based on the students' motivations of selecting, their satisfaction with the major and nursing practice, helpfulness of moving pictures, and the suitability of practical tests using a checklist. Problem-solving processes revealed statistical differences based on the students' motivations of selecting the nursing department, their satisfaction with the major and fundamental nursing their satisfaction with the major and nursing practice, the helpfulness of moving pictures, and the suitability of practical tests using a checklist. The learning motivations showed significant positive interrelations with the academic self-efficacy and problem-solving processes. In conclusion, the educational evaluative method in the fundamental nursing practice using moving pictures was related to the nursing students' learning motivations, academic self-efficacy, and problem-solving processes.
Learning Motivations;Academic Self-Efficacy;Problem-Solving Processes;Practice Education Evaluation
Supported by : 진주보건대학교
- Kowalski, P. "Changes in Students' Motivation to Learn during The First Year of College", Psychological Reports, Vol.101, pp.79-89, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2466/PR0.101.5.79-89 https://doi.org/10.2466/PR0.101.5.79-89
- Evans, R. J. & Donnelly, G. W. "A Model to Describe The Relationship Between Knowledge, Skill, and Judgement in Nursing Practice", Nursing Forum, Vol.41, No.4, pp.150-157, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-6198.2006.00053.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-6198.2006.00053.x
- S. H. Hong, "Nursing Students Practice Scores in Fundamentals of Nursing, Confidence and Satisfaction according to Teaching Method in Self-directed Practice", Unpublished master dissertation, University of Keimyung, Daegu, 2009.
- Bauman, K. Cook, J. & Larson, L. K. "Using Technology to Humanize Instruction:An Approach to Teaching Nursing Skills", Journal of Nursing Education,Vol.20, No.3, pp.27-33, 1981.
- Y. H. Kim, "Learning Motivation and Self-Directedness Utilizing Animation Prior Learning of Fundamental Nursing Practice Education in Student Nurses", Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, Vol.17, No.2, pp.240-248, 2010.
- Slevin, O. D. & Lavery, M. C."Self-Directed Learning and Student Supervision", Nurse Education Today, Vol.11, pp.368-377, 1991. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0260-6917(91)90037-B https://doi.org/10.1016/0260-6917(91)90037-B
- Valle, A. Cabanach,R.G. Nunez,J.C. Gonzalez-Pienda, J. Rodriguez, S. & Pineiro, L. "Multiple Goals, Motivation and Academic Learning", British Journal of Educational Psychology, Vol.73, pp.71-87, 2003. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1348/000709903762869923 https://doi.org/10.1348/000709903762869923
- S. I. Ji, "(The) effect of group composition way on the changes in self-directed learning ability and learning motivation in web-based cooperative learning",Unpublished master dissertation, University of Yonsei, Seoul, 2006.
- Livsey, K. R. "Clinical Faculty Influences on Student Caring Self-Efficacy", International Journal for Human Caring, Vol.13, No.2, pp.53-59, 2009.
- H. H. Lee, "The Mediating Effects of Academic Self-Efficacy and Self-Direction on the Relationship Between College Students' Career Identity and Career Adaptability", Unpublished master dissertation, University of Keimyung, Daegu, 2013.
- O' Kell, S. P."A Sstudy of The Relationships Between Learning Style, Readiness for Self-Directed Learning and Teaching Preference of Learner Nurses in One Health District", Nurse Education Today, Vol.8, pp.197-204, 1988. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0260-6917(88)90149-9 https://doi.org/10.1016/0260-6917(88)90149-9
- M. J, Sim, & H. S. Oh, "Influence of Self Efficacy, Learning Motivation, and Self-Directed Learning on Problem-Solving Ability in Nursing Students", Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol.12, No.6, pp.328-337, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.06.328 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.06.328
- H. H. Nam, "Development of a Clinical Evaluation Tool for Nursing Students", Unpublished master dissertation, University of Ewha, Seoul, 1996.
- Cook, J. W. & Hill, P. M."The Impact of Successful Laboratory System on The Teaching of Nursing Skills", Journal of Nursing Education, Vol.24, No.8, pp.344-346, 1985.
- Y. K. Lee, "(The) Appreciation of Music Through Utilizing Internet Image Development of Teaching-Learning Method & Its Application", Unpublished master dissertation, University of Incheon, Seoul, 2002.
- Korean Nurses Association Daejon Nurses Association, Fundamenta Nursing Practice, Hyunmoon, 2013.
- Y. R. Kim, "(An)analysis on the influences of contribution variables toward academic achievement", Unpublished doctoral dissertation, University of Dongguk, Seoul, 1993.
- Y. J. Lee, "(The) effects of university student self-leadership level on campus-life satisfaction, self-directed learning ability and academic self-efficacy", Unpublished master dissertation, University of Han Yang, Seoul, 2012.
- A.Y.Kim, & I. Y.Park, "Construction and Validation of Academic Self-Efficacy scale", Korean Journal of Educational Research", Vol.39, No.1, pp.95-123, 2001.
- Ok. H. Woo, & G. H. Park, "The Effects of PBL(Problem-Based Learning) on Problem Soving Process by Learner's Metacognitive Level", Journal of Educational Technology, Vol.15, No.3, pp.55-81, 1999. https://doi.org/10.17232/KSET.15.3.55
- Y. H. Kim, "Relation of Learning Motivation, Self-Directed Learning Ability and Problem Solving Process of Nursing Students after Practice Evaluation of Fundamentals of Nursing Course using Role play", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.13, No.1, pp.147-155, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.1.147 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.1.147
- Lindest, D. L. Henly, S. J. & Tyree, E. A. " Outcoms in an Academic Nursing Center: Client Satisfaction with Student Service", Journal of Nursing Care, Vol.11 ,No.5, pp.30-38. 1997. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/00001786-199706000-00008 https://doi.org/10.1097/00001786-199706000-00008
- S. R. Song, "The Effect of Self-Evaluation Method Using Video Recording on Competency in Nursing Skills,Self-Directed Learning Ability,Problem Solving Ability, and Academic Self-Efficacy", Unpublished master dissertation, University of Sungshin, Seoul, 2013.
- S. H. Kim, & S.Y. Park, Factors Influencing on Learning Flow of Nursing Students, Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.15, No.3, pp.1557-1565, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.3.1557 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.3.1557
- Stegers-Jager, K. Cohen-Schotanus, M. J. & Themmen, A. P. N. "Motivation, Learning Strategies, Participation and Medical School Performance", Medical Education, Vol.46, pp.678-688, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2923.2012.04284.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2923.2012.04284.x
- H. J. Yoon, "An Investigation into the Relationships among Learning Authenticity, Learning Motivation, and Accomplishment in Web-Based Project Learning",Unpublished master dissertation, University of Ewha, Seoul, 2006.
- E. Y. Choi, & J. Y. Kim, "The Relationship of Core Competencies(Problem Solving Ability, Communication Ability, Self-directed Learning Ability) to Critical Thinking",The Korean Journal of Fundamentals of Nursing, Vol.14, No.4, pp.412-419, 2007.
- M.J, Choi, Effects of Hope Program for Creativity, Problem-solving, Learning Motivation, and Learning Behavior on College Students, Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.15, No.3, pp.1396-1403, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.3.1396 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.3.1396
- Effects of a Simulation-based High-risk neonatal Care Education on Learning Satisfaction, Class Participation, Learning Motivation and Clinical Competency in Nursing Students vol.16, pp.10, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.10.6807
- Relationship among Emotional Intelligence, Academic Self-efficacy and Career Decision Level in High School Girls vol.16, pp.8, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.8.5152