- Volume 15 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Relevance of the personal characteristics of adolescents using a BMI study
중고등학생들의 개인특성과 BMI의 관련성 연구
- Kim, Eun Yeob (Department of Health Care Administration, Seoyeong University) ;
- Kim, Seok Hwan (Department of Medical management, Gimcheon University)
- Received : 2014.01.03
- Accepted : 2014.10.10
- Published : 2014.10.31
This study evaluated the perception, school stress, psychological factors, and association of students in middle and high school groups in terms of their BMI (Body Mass Index). The '2010 Korea Youth Health Survey 'was used to study data 7187 people. The subjects were classified into the underweight group (BMI < 20), normal group (BMI 20 - 24), overweight group (BMI of 25-29), and obese group (BMI of 30 or higher). The subjects found to have experienced smoking were as follows: underweight BMI group (17.2%), normal weight group (18.4%), overweight group (21.8%), and obese group (25.8%) (p=0.016). The level of satisfaction was as follows:
- O. H. Kim, & J. K. Park, "The effects of participation in exercise and nutrition education program on physical fitness, dietary habits and nutrition intake status for adolescents", Korean Journal of Obesity, pp.158-165, 2012.
- Y. Terjestam, J. Jouper, C. Johansson, "Effects of scheduled qigong exercise on pupils' well-being, self-image, distress, and stress", Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, 16, pp.939-944, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1089/acm.2009.0405 https://doi.org/10.1089/acm.2009.0405
- H. O. Hong, "Some guy in high school in Seoul nutrition labeling in accordance with the level of obesity research in cognitive", Korea Journal of Nutrition, pp.150-158, 2012.
- S. K. Kang, S. D. Kim, J. S. Lee, "Prevalence Rates and Risk Factors of Overweight and Obesity in Children and Adolescents-Using Korean National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 2005 Data", Korean Journal of Epidemiology, pp.188-197, Dec, 2008.
- S. R. Lee, J. H. Kim, "The Effect of Obesity on the Adolescent Development in Korea", Korea Institute of Youth Welfare, pp.91-117, 2011.
- J. K. Kim, J. S. Im, J. Yim, S. H. Park, D. H. Hong, "The Relationship between Economic Status and Adolescent Obesity in Incheon, Korea", Korean Society for the Study of Obesity, pp.76-85, 2007.
- I. Y. Kim., "High school physical education physician satisfaction, impact on exercise adherence", Curriculum Education Research, pp. 379-396, 2010.
- J. H. Kim, "Leisure-time Activities Associated with Obesity in Adolescents", Journal of Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing, pp.587-599, 2008.
- L. Cynthia, D. Margaret, R. Lester, R. Curtin, M. Molly, M. Katherine, "Prevalence of High Body Mass Index in US Children and Adolescents", JAMA, Jan, 2010.
- H. S. Lee, "Relation of the self differentiation, self-esteem and mental health in adolescents", Journal of Korean Academy of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, pp.199-207, 2011.
- O. K. Jun, J. H. Park, "Youth Participation in Sport obesity status and the impact of obesity and adult diseases," Journal of Physical Education, pp.7-123, 2005.
- S. H. Baek, "Normal-weight children of obese children and Literature Review on the behavior", Korean Journal of Community Nutrition, pp.386-395, 2008.
- C. G. Lee, "Anthropometric Changes in Korean Children and Adolescents", J Korean Med Assoc, pp.1068-1070, 2008.
- S. W. Oh, S. A. Shin, Yun YH, T. Yoo, B. Y. Huh, "Cut-off point of BMI and obesity-related comorbidities and mortality in middle-aged Koreans", Obesity Res, pp.2031-40, 2004. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/oby.2004.254 https://doi.org/10.1038/oby.2004.254
- S. W. Oh, Y. S. Yoon, S. A. Shin, "Effects of excess weight on cancer incidences depending on cancer sites and histologic findings among men: Korea National Health Insurance Corporation Study", J Clin Oncol, pp.4742-54, 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2005.11.726 https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2005.11.726
- S. Y. Jeong, "Mother of two young children work on the impact of obesity and overweight-TV watching and Internet use around the effects of the parameters", Korea Institute of Child Welfare, pp.39-66, 2013.
- Y. H. Kim, Y. O. Yang, "Gundy movements of the metabolic syndrome risk factors and obesity schoolgirls effect on body composition", International of Korean Academy of Nursing, pp.858-867, 2005.
- J. I. Escobar, B. Cook, C. N. Chen, M. A. Gara, M. Alegria, A. Interian, E. Diaz, "Whether medically unexplained or not, three or more concurrent somatic symptoms predict psychopathology and service use in community population", Journal of Psychosomatic Research, pp.1-8, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jpsychores.2010.01.001 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpsychores.2010.01.001
- K. Y. Lee, "Youth in the diagnosis and epidemiology of obesity", Institute for the Study of Obesity Conference, pp.99-103, 2004.