- Volume 15 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Study of the relationship between filial piety and communication with parents in accordance with the general characteristics of teenagers
청소년의 일반적 특성에 따른 부모와 의사소통 및 효의 상관관계에 대한 연구
- Kim, Hwang-Ki (Department of Education at Dongbang Graduate University) ;
- Cho, Sung-Je (Department of Education at Dongbang Graduate University)
- Received : 2014.09.04
- Accepted : 2014.10.10
- Published : 2014.10.31
This study analyzed the gap in perception between communication with parents and filial piety according to the general characteristics of teenagers. The test subjects were high school students from academic and vocational school from different districts of Seoul. A survey was conducted from March to July of 2014 to 290 high school students. Data analysis was conducted on the SPSSWIN 18.0 program using a t-test, one-way analysis of variance, correlation analysis, and other tests. The empirical analysis of the experiments were verified at the significance level of 5%. First, communication with fathers differed significantly depending on the school division, economic class, religion; and communication with mothers differed significantly depending on school division, grade-level, academic performance, domestic discipline, and economic class. Second, the perception of filial piety showed a significant positive correlation with the communication with the mother; and with the communication with the father. The implication of this study is that better communication between the parents and teenagers correlate with the higher filial piety according to the general characteristics of teenagers, and should become a central material for policy.
communication;filial piety;teenagers;parents;perception of filial piety
- I. A. Kim. "The Effects of Parents-Adolescent Communication styles on Adolescents' Problem Behaviors Mediated by Self-Encouragement", Chongnam National University. Master's Thesis, 2012.
- Korea Institute of Youth Policy. 2013.
- J. L. Lee, "The Significance of 'Hero' in Modern Society", Georgian Education National University Graduate School, Master's Thesis, 2003.
- J. H. Rho, "The Effects of Parent-Adolescent Communication on Adolescents Problem Behaviors", Dong-A University. Master's Thesis. 2002.
- S. Y. Lee, "Promote filial piety and support enabled Study", Ministry of health and welfare, p. 81. 2012.
- J. H. Mo. "Influence of Parent's Participation in Sports on Communication and Youth delinquency", Daybook University. Master's Thesis, 2011.
- Y. C. Hyun. "Children's Behavior based on Consistency of the Parents-Children' Personality and Their Behavior", Jeju National University. Master's Thesis, 2014.
- J. J. Park. "A study of relation of the personality of adolescent with a communication type of parents and adolescent children", Anyang University, Master's Thesis, 2005.
- Y, J, Lee, "The characteristics of filial piety behavior which middle school students perceive and an effect which the communication between parents and children has on filial piety behavior", Sung-san Hyo Graduate School, Master's Thesis, 2004.
- H. K. Youn, "Study on the filial piety of children increases communication between the application and the child-parent", Hanyang University, Master's Thesis, 1991.
- I. G. Ryu, "Filial piety recognition of the family environment, the relationship between family relationships and personality traits", Seoul National University. Doctorial Dissertation, 1997.
- S, C, Choi, "A Review of Filial Piety as a Welfare Thought for the Aged", Philosophy committed Vol.56. pp. 61-62. 2010.
- K, I, Han, "The Educational Program and Filial Piety Education for getouer Crisis of Korean Education", Youth and Cultural Filial piety, Vol.18. p. 102. 2011.
- H. S. Seol. "A Study on the Educational Meaning and Teaching Method of the Filial Piety Aspect", Busan National University Graduate School. Master's Thesis, 2009.
- H. Y. Min. "The Relation between Juvenile Deliquency and Parent-Adolescent Communication Family Cohesion and Adaptability Communication, Family Cohesion and Adaptability", Seoul National University. Master's Thesis, 1991.
- K. M. Ko, "A Study of College Students on Filial Piety", Hanyang University, Master's Thesis, 1987.
- H. Barnes, D. H. Olson, Parent-Adolescent Communication, Family inventories. Family Socal Science, University of Minnesota, 1982.
- K. S. Beom, E. J. Kim, "The Effects of Parental Conflict Management Styles on Young Adults' Parent-Child Communication Satisfaction in Korean Families",Korean society for Journalism＆Communication Studies, Vol.55, No.4, 2011.
- H, H, Park, "A Study on the Effect of Parent's Ability to Communicate Child's Giftedness", Central Theological University of Graduate, PhD, 2014.
- M. J. Bae, S. J. Park, "Consciousness of Filial Piety and Family Values in College Students", Journal of the Korea Contents Society, Vol. 13, No. 5, pp. 275-285. 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.05.275 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.05.275