- Volume 15 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Study of the Factors Influencing the Economic Retirement Preparation for People Living with Disabilities Based on Andersen's Behavioral Model
Andersen모형을 적용한 장애인의 경제적 노후준비에 영향을 미치는 요인
- Received : 2014.06.24
- Accepted : 2014.10.10
- Published : 2014.10.31
The present study identified the factors of economic retirement preparation for people living with disabilities using the Andersen's behavioral model. The 2012 Disabled Employment Panel Survey data were collected from May 21, 2012 to July 31, 2012 and were analyzed by applying the SPSS 20 program. Logistic regression analysis was carried out on a sample of 2,869 people aged 30 to 60 years. The predisposing factors (education, marital status), possibility factors (employment, non-basic livelihood security recipient status, homeowner status, income), and desire factors (subjective socioeconomic status, life satisfaction, self-esteem) affected the retirement preparation. To help people living with disabilities, policies and programs based on the factors that reflect the individual needs must be established.
Andersen's behavioral model;Disabled Person;Economic retirement preparation;Factors;Self-esteem
- Y. S. Yoo, "Factors affecting the baby boom generation's preparation of old age", Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 13(12), pp. 738-747, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.12.738 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.12.738
- Y. J. Lee, H. R, Shin, M. A. Lee, "Influence of self-perceived health on life satisfaction of retires: Focused on the moderating effect of economic preparation for aging," Journal of Institute for Social Sciences, 24(3), pp. 35-59, 2013.
- J. E. Seok, "The differences and determinants in the perception on old-Age support across generations in Korea," Health and Social Welfare Review, 29(1), pp. 163-191, 2009.
- M. S. Ko, I. K. Seo, "Influences of the elderly's health status upon their stress and depression and moderating effects of social supports," Korean Public Health Research, 37(1), pp. 1-14, 2011.
- C. Y. Cho, M. Y. Song, K. S. Lee, "The decision factor on thinking against their old age of the middle generation," Journal of Welfare for the Aged, 43, pp. 135-156, 2009.
- S. Y. Lee, "A study on determinants of financial preparation for later life among the elderly who are residing in the city area," Journal of Social Sciences, 28(1), pp. 205-224, 2009.
- C. J. Park, "Economic preparations for aging of the middle and old-aged and their determinants," Korean Journal of Social Welfare, 60(3), pp. 275-297, 2008. https://doi.org/10.20970/kasw.2008.60.3.012
- S. J. Lee, "The characteristics of old age preparation of Korean adults and policy implications," Health and welfare policy forum, 147, pp. 72-80, 2009.
- K. H. Chung, Y. H. Oh, J. E. Seok, S. R. Doh, C. W. Kim, Y. K. Lee, H. K. Kim, "National survey results on the elderly life conditions and welfare need," Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs, Ministry of Health and Welfare, 2005.
- S. H. Kim, S. H, Lee, S. H. Noh, I. G. Chung, "A study on linking health and welfare service system the elderly with disabilities," Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs, 2011.
- H. J. Park, D. Y. Lee, S. W. Lee, "A study on the vocational rehabilitation needs and attitudes among elderly people with disabilities," Journal of vocational rehabilitation, 13(2), pp. 101-127, 2003.
- G. E. Kim, J. L. Lee, "The influence of the double discrimination on successful aging of elderly people with disability: A mediating effect of role performance", Journal of Welfare for the Aged, 59, 257-280, 2013.
- C. Y. Park, "A study on influence of the life satisfaction for the elderly women with disabilities: Focusing on moderation effect of preparation for the later life factor," Journal of Rehabilitation Research, 17(4), pp. 53-77, 2013.
- L. M., Verbrugge, L. S. Yang, "Aging with disability and disability with aging", Journal of Disability Policy Studies, 12(4), 253-267. 2002. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/104420730201200405 https://doi.org/10.1177/104420730201200405
- H. J. Choi, "Factors affecting on preparation of the economic determinants of the disabled: Perspective of life course," 3rd Conference on Employment of the Disabled Panel, pp. 639-660, November, 2011.
- M. Y. Song, "Factors influencing on retirement preparation of disabled elderly," 4th Conference on Employment of the Disabled Panel, pp. 65-82, November, 2012.
- J. A. Cho, "A study on determinants of financial preparation of the disabled of old age," Fall Conference scheduled of Korean Social Security Association and DB Conference of Financial welfare, pp. 255-275, December, 2013.
- A. S. Lim, Self-esteem of the Blind Person, p. 1-224, Korea Blind Union, 1999.
- B. S. Koh, "The determinants of retirement acceptance," Journal of Welfare for the Aged, 28, pp. 3-18, 2013.
- S. W. Jeong, "The prospective effect of acceptance of disability on self-esteem of persons with acceptance with hearing impairments," Disability & Employment, 24(1), pp. 167-197, 2014. https://doi.org/10.15707/disem.2014.24.1.007
- R. M. Andersen, "National health surveys and the behavioral model for health services use," Medical Care, 46(7), pp. 647-653, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/MLR.0b013e31817a835d https://doi.org/10.1097/MLR.0b013e31817a835d
- C. Y. Cho, M. Y. Song, G. S. Lee, "The decision factor on thinking against their old age of middle generation." Journal of Welfare for the Aged, 43, pp. 135-156, 2009.
- J. G. Park, J. J. Jong, "Changes in household income and poverty status lover analysis", The third panel, Proceedings of the employment of the disabled, pp. 3-22, 2011.
- J. G. Park, "Life satisfaction of people with disabilities: a theoretical model and ita empirical test," SungKyunKwan University, Doctoral dissertation. 2008.
- J. S. Kim, S. Y. Lee, "The effects of social support on life satisfaction of deaf pepole: The perspective of economic assistance and needs-based assistance," Journal of Disability and Welfare, 22, pp. 25-46, 2013.
- H. S. Park, H. T. Yang, "The effect of discrimination experience of wage workers on job satisfaction: Focused on the mediating effect of self-esteem." Journal of Disability and Welfare, 22, pp. 67-84, 2013.
- S. W. Jeong, "The prospective effect of acceptance of disability on self-esteem of persons with hearing impairments," Disability & Employment, 24(1), 167-197.