- Volume 15 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Study of the Damage Property of a Contacted Indent by Finite Element Method
유한요소해석에 의한 압입 접촉손상 특성 연구
- Cho, Jae-Ung (Division of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, Kongju University) ;
- Kim, Choon-Sik (Taesung Electro-Cricuit Systems) ;
- Lee, Hee-Sung (Taesung Electro-Cricuit Systems) ;
- Kim, Young-Choon (Division of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, Kongju University)
- Received : 2014.08.21
- Accepted : 2014.10.10
- Published : 2014.10.31
Lightweight parts with very uniform precision are manufactured by an indent method and the press technique has been improved. Upon assembly with an indent method, a deformation force due to the compressive force occurs between the pin and hole and the contact surface is affected by damage. Therefore, a 3 dimensional model was made using the CATIA program and the damage on the surface contacted with indent was estimated through the ANSYS program in this study. In the analysis result, the maximum load applied at the PCB plate was 21.3 N when the pin goes through the PCB plate. When PCB plate came out of the pin, the maximum load was 19.24 N. As the structural analysis result, the maximum equivalent stress of Pin 1 was 192.96MPa because the maximum stress occurs at Pin 1 among all parts of this study model. By examining the damage property of the contacted indent and applying this study result to the design of real indentation, the damage can be prevented and the durability can be estimated.
Indentation;Damage;Pin;PCB plate;Damage prevention;Durability
- Lee. Chun-Kyu, Kim. Young-Choon, "A Study on the progressive die design and making of gas boiler exhaust pipe", Journal of KAIS, Vol. 14, No. 9, pp. 4111-4116, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.9.4111 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.9.4111
- S. N. Park, "Development Trend of Car Seat Technology", Journal of the Korea Society of Automotive Engineers, Vol. 31, No. 4, pp. 26-33, 2009.
- J. U. Cho, K. S. Kim, D. S. Choi, S. H. Kim, S. O. Bang and C. K. Cho, "Development of plastic suspension system for automotive seat", Journal of KAIS, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 1091-1097, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.3.1091 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.3.1091
- Lee, Joon-Seong, "Analysis for Defect Evaluation of Pipes in Nuclear Power Plant", Journal of KAIS, Vol. 14, No. 7, pp. 3124-3126, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.7.3121 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.7.3121
- J. H. Kim, D. U. Park, J. H. Lee, M. K. Kim and W. S. Yoo, "Evaluation of Ride Comfort considering Seat Vibration", Journal of the Korea Society of Automotive Engineers, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 535-987, 2002.
- H. Y. Kim, J. M. Kim, J. G. Choi, K. T. Lee and D. J. Lee, "Structural Analysis for the Development of Round Recliner", Journal of the Korea Society of Automotive Engineers, Vol. 2, pp. 1361-1366, 2003.