- Volume 15 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Development of an impact test device for Light-weight Automotive Reinforcements
자동차 보강재 경량화을 위한 충격 실험장치 개발
- Kim, Ick-Tae (Department of Mechatronics, Chosun College of Science & Technology) ;
- Kang, Hyung-Sun (Department of Mechanical Design, Chosun College of Science & Technology)
- Received : 2014.07.31
- Accepted : 2014.10.10
- Published : 2014.10.31
Reducing the impact of collisions of cars is a major issue for reducing the injury and death of passengers. According to the statistical data of the Road Traffic Authority, the deaths from side collision accidents caused by the collision of passenger cars is greater than the deaths from head-on collision accidents. To accommodate this, vehicle designers have added a reinforcing material called the impact frame and impact beam on the inside of the door. Many experiments are needed to develop the door impact beam. These reinforcements to develop a collision experiment is essential. Collision experiments are costly and time consuming. This study used a drop Impactor to obtain the impulse and a strain experimental device was developed for this purpose. The economic costs were reduced and the ideal experiment device configuration was determined. A comparison of the experimental results with numerical value analysis revealed
Impact Beam;reinforcements;Light-weight;Numerical;Stranin gage
- W. J. Stronge, "Impact Mechanics" Cambridge Univ. Press, Illinois, pp.128-130, 2000. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/CBO9780511626432 https://doi.org/10.1017/CBO9780511626432
- Serge Abrate, "Impact on Composite Structures" Cambridge Univ. Press, Illinois, pp.101-132, 1998.
- D. H. Jung, J. J. Baek, "Study of Drop/impact test and Shock/impact survivability test for ELT(Emergency Locator Transmitter) Operations" KSAS, pp.204-208, December, 2008.