- Volume 15 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Study of Computational Fluid Dynamics for Projection Distance Prediction of the Foam Monitor
폼모니터의 분사거리 예측을 위한 유동해석에 관한 연구
- Ryu, Young-Chun (Graduate school, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Dong-A University) ;
- Seo, Bu-Kyo (Graduate school, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Dong-A University) ;
- Seung, Jung-Hyun (Graduate school, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Dong-A University) ;
- Lee, Young-Hoon (NK Corporation Technology Research Center) ;
- Park, Young-Chul (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Dong-A University)
- 류영춘 (동아대학교 대학원 기계공학과) ;
- 서부교 (동아대학교 대학원 기계공학과) ;
- 성정현 (동아대학교 대학원 기계공학과) ;
- 이영훈 ((주)엔케이 기술연구소) ;
- 박영철 (동아대학교 기계공학과)
- Received : 2014.06.25
- Accepted : 2014.10.10
- Published : 2014.10.31
The foam monitor is equipment for extinguishing fires, particularly for oil tankers or cargo areas of the carrying vessel. This equipment is installed on the cargo tank deck. Generally, the projection distance is important for designing an extinguishment. On the other hand, the form monitors in current industry have been designed by trial and error rather than by numerical analysis method. Therefore, the shape design of the new form of monitor is needed. In this study, numerical analysis was performed to determine the projection distance prediction, and experiment results were used to make a comparison with the analysis results. The proposed method was applied to the modified form of a newly designed monitor in a company.
CFD(Computational Fluid Dynamics);FEM(Finite Element Method);foam monitor;projection distance
Supported by : 산업통상자원부
- C.W. Park., C.H. Hong., "User Guide of ANSYS Workbench", Intervision, 2008.
- S.H. Kang., X.G. Song., Y.C. Park., "Investigation on a gas-liquid ejector using three-dimensional CFD model", J Power control and optimization; Proceedings of the Sixth Global Conference on Power Control and Optimization, pp.415-419, 2012.
- S.M Lee., Y.C. Park. Y.J Jo., "The Structural Safety Evaluation for Butterfly Valve of Extra-large Type using Fluid-Structure Interaction", Proceedings of the Korean Society of Precision Engineering Conference, Nov. 12, pp. 571-572, 2008.
- Ansys Inc, Ansys CFX Release 11.0, ANSYS CFX-Solver
- J.S. Lee., "Computational Fluid Dynamics Hydraulic valve Meter", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.13, No.5, pp.1963-1968, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.5.1963 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.5.1963
- M. S. Chon., ""Effect of Nozzle Hole Number on Fuel Spray and Emission Characteristics of High Pressure Diesel Injector,"" Journal of IlassKorea, Vol.17, No.4, pp.210-215, 2012. https://doi.org/10.15435/JILASSKR.2012.17.4.210
- S.J. Moon., S.J. Jeong., S.G. Lee., T.H. Kim., "A Numerical Study on the Geometry Optimization of Internal Flow Passage in the Common-rail Diesel Injector for Improving Injection Performance", Transactions of the Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, Vol. 22, No. 2, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7467/KSAE.2014.22.2.091 https://doi.org/10.7467/KSAE.2014.22.2.091
- Numerical Study on the Water Monitor Extinction System for Performance Verification vol.54, pp.6, 2017, https://doi.org/10.12972/ksmer.2017.54.6.611