- Volume 15 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Development of a Cutting Support Cleaning System considering the Dross Adhesion Characteristics
드로스 부착 특성을 고려한 절단 정반 크리닝 시스템 개발
- Kim, Ho-Kyeong (Research Institute of Technology, STX Offshore & Shipbuilding) ;
- Ko, Dae-Eun (Department of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, Dong-Eui University)
- Received : 2014.05.08
- Accepted : 2014.10.10
- Published : 2014.10.31
Accumulated dross adhered to the cutting support degrades the cutting accuracy and aggravates the working environment by reducing the efficiency of the dust collector. Furthermore, the cutting machine and product can be damaged by the scattering of molten metal. In this study, an attempt was made to increase the productivity of steel cutting process and improve the working environment by dross control. The dross adhesion characteristics were invested by a cutting experiment and the design concept for a dross removal machine was devised. Finally, a cutting support cleaning system and its operating algorithm were developed. The applicability of the developed system was examined and verified by a long-term field test after installation of the plasma arc cutting system of a shipyard.
Dross adhesion characteristics;Cutting process;Cutting support cleaning system
Supported by : 동의대학교
- Y. C. Woo, H. J. Kim, "A Study on the Evaluation Method for Slag Detachability", Journal of the Korean Welding Society, 5(1), pp.57-63, 1987.
- K. W. Um, D. J. Kim, "A Study on the Plasma Arc Cutting Phenomena of Plate Materials", Journal of the Korean Welding Society, 9(4), pp.69-74, 1991.
- I. C. Kim, S. I. Kim, "A Study on the Cutting Characteristics of AH36 Steel Plate Under Various Cutting Conditions", Journal of the Korean Welding Society, 21(2), pp.133-138, 2003.
- M. H. Kim, S. I. Kim, "A Study on the Cutting Surfaces in Plasma Cutting of Ship Thick Plate", Proceeding of the Korean Society of Manufacturing Technology Engineers, pp.573-574, April, 2011.