- Volume 15 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Measurement System for Vehicle Electric Power using LabVIEW
LabVIEW를 이용한 자동차 발전기 전압 계측시스템
- So, Soon-Sun (Department of Mechatronics, Aviation Campus of Korea Polytechnics) ;
- Yang, Su-Jin (Chonbuk National University Automobile-parts&Mold Technology Innovation Center) ;
- Lee, Seong-Cheol (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Chonbuk National University)
- Received : 2014.06.13
- Accepted : 2014.10.10
- Published : 2014.10.31
Faults in electric power system can be a critical problem for vehicles. The system durability is determined mainly by the durability of their components and operating conditions. Monitoring the conditions of the electric power system may be necessary because it is very difficult to predict precisely when it will fail. Therefore, the aim of this study was to develop a diagnosis system for an electric power system of a vehicle. The alternator voltage, excitation voltage, lamp voltage, battery voltage, and engine rpm from a crank angle sensor are monitored continuously and the system fault can be then detected in real time. NI USB- 9201 DAQ and LabVIEW SW have been used to measure the voltages and analyze the data. Compared to conventional measurements for only each component, an integrated and portable measurement method was developed. In addition to the monitoring the electric power system in real time, the saved data from the measurement also provides valuable information to improve the durability of the components.
alternator voltage;battery voltage;engine rpm;excitation voltage;lamp voltage
- Giorgio Rizzoni, "Principles and applications of electrical engineering," McGraw-Hill book co., 2005.
- Su-Jin Yang, Sung-Jin Kim, Sun-Jun Kim, and Seong-Cheol Lee, "A Monitoring System for Voltage Measurement of an Automobile Alternator," Proceeding of Korean Society for Precision Engineering 2008 Spring Conference, pp.545-546, June, 2008.
- Jong-Sik Min and Sam-Sun Seung, "A case study on troubles analysis and diagnoses of passenger car's engine based on OBD," The Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.7, No.6, pp.1004-1011, 2006.
- Jong-Wan Seo, Hee-Seok Suh, and Myong-Chul Shin, "Research for Implementation of Real-time Power Measurement and Storage System," J. of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, Vol.21, No.7, pp.29-36, August, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5207/JIEIE.2007.21.7.029 https://doi.org/10.5207/JIEIE.2007.21.7.029