- Volume 14 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
The awareness and performance towards the dental radiation protection behaviors in Busan and Gyeongnam
부산·경남 일부지역의 치과방사선 인식도와 수행도에 따른 치과방사선 방어행위
- Na, Hyeon-Hui (Department of Biomedical health science, Dong-eui University) ;
- Jin, Hye-Jung (Department of Dental hygiene, Dong-eui University) ;
- Lee, Min-Kyung (Department of Biomedical health science, Dong-eui University)
- Received : 2014.06.13
- Accepted : 2014.09.25
- Published : 2014.10.30
Objectives : The purpose of this study is to investigate the awareness and performance towards the dental radiation protection behaviors in dental institutions in Busan and Gyeongnam. Methods : Two hundred and one dental medical institutions in Busan and Gyeongnam participated in the survey from March 10 to April 4, 2014. The data were analyzed using SPSS 19.0 for
awareness;performance;radiation protection behaviors
- Jang JH, Hwang SL, Jung HR. The relationship between behavior of radiographic safety control and job stress in dental hygienist. J Dent Hyg Sci 2010; 10(4): 265-71.
- Kim HS. Study on the knowledge, perception, and behavior about the protection of workers who have risk of radiation-exposure in hospital[Master's thesis]. Seoul: Univ. of yonsei. 2000.
- Shin Gs, Kim YH, Lee BR, Kim SY, Lee KW, Park CS, et al. The acute state and the utilization for dental radiography in korea. J Dent Hyg Sci 2010; 33(2): 109-20.
- Kang EJ, Lee KH, Kim YI. A study on radiation safety management by dental hygienist. J Dent Hyg Sci 2005; 5(3):105-12.
- Ministry of Government Legislation. Korea law information center, Medicallaw[Internet]. [cited 2014 May 07]. Available from:http://www.law.go.kr/IsEflnfoP.do?lsiSeq112763#0000.
- Eom S, Kim KW. Factors to affect dental radiation safety management behaviors. J Dent Hyg Sci 2012; 12(4): 335-41.
- Heo J. Radiobiology. Seoul: Shinkwang pub; 1998: 125-9.
- Kyung GH. Basic knowledge of radiographic. Seoul: Shinkwang pub; 2011: 35-254.
- Vano E, Gonzalez L, Fernandoz JM, Alfonso F, Macaya C. Occupation radiation doses in interventional cardiology a 15-year follow-up. Br J Radio 2006; 79(941): 383-8. http://dx.doi.org/10.1259/brj/26829723. https://doi.org/10.1259/bjr/26829723
- Preston-Martin S, White SC. Brain and salivary gland tumors related to prior dental radiography. J Am Dent Assoc 1990; 120(2): 151-8. https://doi.org/10.14219/jada.archive.1990.0026
- Stewart A, Webb J, Hewitt D. A survey of childhood malignancies. Br Med J 1958; 1(5086): 1495-508. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.1.5086.1495
- International commission on Radiological protection. The 2007 Recommendations of the international commission on radiological protection[Internet].[cited 2014 May 07]. Available from: http://www.icrp.org.
- Hellawell GO, Mutch SJ, Thevendran G, Wells E, Morgan RJ. Radiation exposure and the urologist what are the risk?. J Urol 2005; 79: 948-52. http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/01.ju.0000170232.58930.8f. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.ju.0000170232.58930.8f
- Choi HY, Choi YS. Actual state of dental hygienist's behavior for infection control during dental practice and radiologic examination. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2011; 11(2): 169-78.
- Kang SG, Lee EN. Knowledge of radiation protection and the recognition and performance of radiation protection behavior among perioperative nurses. J Muscle Jt Health 2013; 20(3): 247-57. http://dx.doi.org/10.5953/JMJH.2013.20.3.247. https://doi.org/10.5953/JMJH.2013.20.3.247
- Park JR. The actual state of dental hygienists' digital radiation safety management and their education needs[Master,s thesis]. Seoul: Univ. of Chung ang. 2013.
- Yoon JA, Yoon YS. Comparing with self-efficacy and knowledge, attitudes about radiation safety management of dental hygienists and students at department of dental hygiene. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2011; 11(5): 729-39.
- Claus EB, Wiemels J, Wrensch M. Dental X-rays and risk of meningioma:response to drs. Calnon, Jorgensen, and White. Cancer 2013; 119(2): 465-6. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/cncr.27708. https://doi.org/10.1002/cncr.27708
- Seong MK, Jang KA. Influences on radiation safety management practice of general characteristics and radiation safety management practice for dental hygienists in bus an and gyeongnam province. J Dent Hyg Sci 2013; 13(3): 264-70.
- Jung SH, Han EO. Analysis of the behavior on the radiation safety management for dental hygienists. J Dent Hyg Sci 2008; 21(3): 363-75.
- Jeong YH, Kwon YO, Lee JY, Heo SE, Yoon YS. Factors that affect the behavior on the radiation safety management for dental hygienists. J Dent Hyg Sci 2011; 11(6): 471-9.
- Yoon JA. A comparative study on radiation safety management knowledge, attitudes and behavior of dental hygienists and new dental hygienists. J Dent Hyg Sci 2011; 11(3): 173-9.
- Lim CH, Kim SC, Jung HR, Hong DH, You IG, Jeong CS. The study for radio protection according to a possible danger of exposure during dental X-ray examination. J Korean Soc Radiol 2011; 5(5): 237-44. https://doi.org/10.7742/jksr.2011.5.5.237
- Current status of dental intraoral imaging devices and radiographic safety management vol.16, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2016.16.02.205
- Performance and related factors of radiation safety management in dental hygienists vol.16, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2016.16.02.215