- Volume 30 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Determination of TRC using an Electrochemical Method (I: Au electrode)
전기화학적 방법의 TRC(Total residual chlorine) 측정 연구(I: Au전극 이용)
- Lee, JunCheol (Graduate School of Energy and Environment, Seoul National University of Science & Technology) ;
- Pak, DaeWon (Graduate School of Energy and Environment, Seoul National University of Science & Technology)
- Received : 2014.02.14
- Accepted : 2014.05.12
- Published : 2014.05.30
We measured by electrochemical method for TRC (total residual chlorine) in ocean. From the results of Au electrode used for working electrode through cyclic voltammetry test, we obtained charge in voltage ranged from 0.0V-1.0V, and analyzed correlations of charge for TRC. Reduction peak TRC was investigated to be approximately 0.65 V vs. Ag/AgCl, and in the case that salt concentrations and temperatures in ocean appeared different, charge was analyzed for being different in the same TRC. However, in the case that each condition was constant, charge was measured at highly correlations for TRC.
Supported by : 서울과학기술대학교
- American Public Health Association, American Water Works Association and Water Environment Federation (APHA, AWWA, and WEF). (1998). Standard Method for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, 20th edition, American Public Health Association, American Water Works Association and Water Environment Federation, Washington D. C., U. S. A.
Chae, K. S., Choi, H. K., Ahn, J. H., Song, Y. S., and Lee, D. Y. (2002). Effect of Organic Vehicle Addition on Service Lifetime of
$Ti/IrO_2-RuO_2$Electrodes, Materials Letters, 55, pp. 211-216. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-577X(01)00648-6
- Carpenter, J. H., Moore, C. A., and Macalady, D. L. (1977). Errors in Determination of Residual Oxidant in Chlorinated Seawater, Environmental Science & Technology, 11(10), pp. 992-994. https://doi.org/10.1021/es60133a002
- Campl, F. J. D., Ordeig, O., and Munoz, F. J. (2005). Improved Free Chlorine Amperometric Sensor Chip for Drinking Water Applications, Analytica Chimica Acta, 5554, pp. 98-104.
- Endresen, O., Behrens, H. L., Brynestad, S., Andersen, A. B., and Skjong, R. (2004). Challenges in Global Ballast Water Management, Marine Pollution Bulletin, 48, pp. 615-623. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marpolbul.2004.01.016
- Edward, W. W. (1991). Comparison of Three Methods for Measuring Residual Chlorine, Water Research, 25(10), pp. 1303-1305. https://doi.org/10.1016/0043-1354(91)90071-W
- George, T. F. (1980). Some Problems in the Determination of Total Residual "Chlorine" in Chlorinated Sea-water, Water Research, 14(1), pp. 51-60. https://doi.org/10.1016/0043-1354(80)90041-X
- Gollasch, S., David, M., Voigt, M., Dragsund, E., Hewitt, C., and Fukuyo, Y. (2007). Critical Review of the IMO International Convention on the Management of Ships' Ballast Water and Sediments, Harmful Algae, 6, pp. 585-600. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hal.2006.12.009
- Harp, D. L. (2002). Current Technology of Chlorine Analysis for Water and Wastewater, Technical information series Booklet, 17, Hach company.
- International Maritime Organization (IMO). (2004). International Convention for the Control and Management of Ship's Ballast Water and Sediments, International Maritime Organization.
- Jin, J., Suzuki, Y., Ishikawa, N., and Takeuchi, T. (2004). A Miniaturized FIA System for the Determination of Residual Chlorine in Environmental Water Sample, Analytical Sciences, 20, pp. 205-207. https://doi.org/10.2116/analsci.20.205
- Kim, T. K. (2012). Problems and Countermeasures of Port Maritime Traffic Accidents, The Journal of Legal Studies, 20(2), pp. 35-67. [Korean Literature]
- Kim, E. C., Oh, H. H., and Lee, S. G. (2012). Consideration on the Concentration of the Active Substances Produced by the Ballast Water Treatment System, Journal of the Korean Society for Marine Environmental Engineering, 15(3), pp. 219-226. [Korean Literature] https://doi.org/10.7846/JKOSMEE.2012.15.3.219
- Kodera, F., Kisioka, S. Y., Umeda, M., and Yamada, A. (2004). Electrochemical Detection of Free Chlorine using Anodic Current, Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, 43(7A), pp. 913-914. https://doi.org/10.1143/JJAP.43.L913
- Kodera, F., Umeda, M., and Yamada, A. (2005a). Determination of Free Chlorine based on Anodic Voltammetry using Platinum, Gold, and Glassy Carbon Electrodes, Analytica Chimica Acta, 537, pp. 293-298. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aca.2005.01.053
- Kodera, F., Umeda, M., and Yamada, A. (2005b). Detection of Hypochlorous Acid using Reduction Wave During Anodic Cyclic Voltammetry, Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, 44(22), pp. 718-719. https://doi.org/10.1143/JJAP.44.718
- Korbahti, B. K. and Artut, K. (2010). Electrochemical Oil/water Demulsification and Purification of Bilge Water using Pt/Ir Electrodes, Desalination, 258, pp. 219-228. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.desal.2010.03.008
- Lima, P. R., Mirapalheta, A., Andrad, M. H., Vilar, E. O., Zanta, C. L., and Tonholo, J. (2010). Energy Loss in Electrochemical Diaphragm Process of Chlorine and Alkali Industry - A Collateral Effect of the Undesirable Generation of Chlorate, Energy, 35, pp. 2174-2178. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2010.01.039
- Mascia, M., Vacca, A., and Palmas, S. (2012). Fixed Bed Reactors with three Dimensional Electrodes for Electrochemical Treatment of Waters for Disinfection, Chemical Engineering Journal, 211, pp. 479-487.
- McCollin, T., Shanks, A. M., and Dunn, J. (2007). The Efficiency of Regional Ballast Water Exchange: Changes in Phytoplankton Abundance and Diversity, Harmful Algae, 6, pp. 531-546. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hal.2006.04.015
- Murata, M., Invaini, T. A., Shibata, M., Nomura, S., Fujishima, A., and Einaga, Y. (2008). Electrochemical Detection of Free Chlorine at highly Boron-doped Diamond Electrodes, Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, 612, pp. 29-36. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jelechem.2007.09.006
- Okumura, A., Hirabayashi, A., Sasaki, Y., and Miyake, R. (2001). Simple Miniaturized Amperometric Flow Cell for Monitoring Residual Chlorine in Tap Water, Analytical Sciences, 17, pp. 1113-1115. https://doi.org/10.2116/analsci.17.1113
- Panizza, M. and Cerisola, G. (2006). Olive Mill Wastewater Treatment by Anodic Oxidation with Parallel Plate Electrodes, Water Research, 40, pp. 1179-1184. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2006.01.020
- Saputro, S., Takehara, K., Yoshimura, K., Matruoka, S., and Narsito. (2010). Differential Pulse Voltammetric Determination of Free Chlorine for Water Disinfection Process, Electroanalysis, 22, pp. 2765-2768. https://doi.org/10.1002/elan.201000322
- Sciadone, O., Randazzo, S., Galia, A., and Silvestri, G. (2009). Electrochemical Oxidation of Organics in Water: Role of Operative Parameters in the Absence and in the Presence of NaCl, Water Research, 43, pp. 2260-2272. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2009.02.014
- Wang, X., Jia, J., and Wang, Y. (2010). Electrochemical Degradation of Reactive Dye in the Presence of Water Jet Cavitation, Ultrasonics Sonochemistry, 17, pp. 515-520. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ultsonch.2009.10.023
- Werschkun, B., Sommer, Y., and Banerji, S. (2012). Disinfection By-products in Ballast Water Treatment: An Evaluation of Regulatory Data, Water Research, 46, pp. 4884-4901. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2012.05.034
- Modeling of Chlorine Disinfectant Decay in Seawater vol.30, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.11001/jksww.2016.30.1.009