- Volume 51 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Resistance Test Method for Planning Hull Model using the High Speed Towing Carriage
무인고속전차를 이용한 활주선 모형의 저항시험 기법 연구
- Lee, Young-Gill (Dept. of Naval Architects and Ocean Engineering, Inha University) ;
- Ha, Yoon-Jin (Dept. of Naval Architects and Ocean Engineering, Graduate School of Inha University) ;
- Jeong, Kwang-Leol (Dept. of Naval Architects and Ocean Engineering, Graduate School of Inha University) ;
- Chae, Soon-Jae (Dept. of Naval Architects and Ocean Engineering, Inha University)
- Received : 2013.04.01
- Accepted : 2014.06.10
- Published : 2014.10.20
The resistance test of a high speed craft such as planing ship is performed with a high speed towing carriage instead of ordinary towing carriage because of the speed limitation. In the resistance test using high speed towing carriage, the model ship is fixed to the carriage to restrain the running attitude for enough measuring time. Such method is called fixed model test method. In the fixed model test method, to get the appropriate running attitude, the model test is iteratively repeated until the trim moment and lift force are close to zero. In this research, trim free model test method is investigated to reduce the number of iteration. And, the limitation of towing speed range in the trim free model test method is investigated.
Supported by : 인하대학교
- Clement, E.P. & Blount, D.L., 1963. Resistance Tests of a Systematic Series of Planing Hull Forms. Taransactions of The Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineering, 71.
- Ikeda, Y., 1990. Measurement of hydrodynamic forces acting on a high-speed craft model fixed to a three-component load-cell on a carriage. Proceeding of the 19th International Towing Tank Conference, Madrid, Kingdom of Spain, 2, December 1990.
- Kawahara, U. Suzuki, K. & Yabushita, K., 1993. Resistance Test Method for High-Speed Boats by Using a Trim Fixed Type of Dynamometer. Jounal of Kansai Society Naval Architects, Japan, 220, pp. 71-82.
- Lee, Y.G. Ha, Y.J. Kim, K.S. & Chae, S.J., 2008, A Development on the method of resistance test using unmanned high-speed towing carriage. Proceedings of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, Jeju, Republic of Korea, 30, May 2008, pp. 1243-1249.
- West Japan Fluid Engineering Laboratory Co., LTD., 2005. Tank Test of High speed planing hull, Nagasaki Pref. Japan, Report No. 11283-1. Japan: West Japan Fluid Engineering Laboratory Co.