- Volume 45 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Productivity of Aquaculture Facility Utilization
양식장 이용에 따른 생산성에 관한 연구
- Eh, Youn-Yang (Division of Business Administration, Pukyong National University)
- 어윤양 (부경대학교 경영학부)
- Received : 2014.09.10
- Accepted : 2014.09.22
- Published : 2014.09.30
Fish stocking is important element of land-based aquaculture management. To maintain constant stocking rate considering biological and economic condition is a convenient strategy in intensive aquaculture. This study is aimed to analyze the effect of over-stocking(more than aquaculture capacity) for certain periods of time. This study make the mathematical decision making model that finds the value of decision variable to minimize cost that sums up the water pool usage cost and sorting cost under critical standing corp constraint. The proposed mathematical decision making model was applied to 12 sample combination of sorting cost and the number of fish on the Oliver flounder culture farms. If a immature fish can be sold for high price than farming cost, restricted over-stocking resulted in a improvement of economic performance. When extensive comparable biological and market data become available, analysis model can be widely applied to yield more accurate results.
Aquaculture management;Over-stocking;Productivity analysis;Land based aquaculture system;Allocation problem
Supported by : 부경대학교
- Bjorndal, T., Lane, D. E., Weintraub, A. (2004), "Operational research models and the management fo fisheries and aquaculture: a review," European Journal of Operational Research, 156, 533-540. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0377-2217(03)00107-3
- Cerrato, R. M. (1990), "Interpretable Statistical Tests for Growth Comparisons Using Parameters in Von Bertalanffy Equation," J. Fish. Aquat. Sci., 47, 1416-1426. https://doi.org/10.1139/f90-160
- Cacho, O. J. (1997), "System Modelling and Bioeconomic Modelling in Aquaculture," Aquaculture Economic and Management, 1, 45-64. https://doi.org/10.1080/13657309709380202
- Brock, J. A. (1992), "Current Diagnostic Methods for Agent and Diseases of Farmed Marine Shrimp," In: Fulks, W. & K. L. Main(Eds), Diseases of cultured Penaeid Shrimp In asia and the United States. The Oceanic Institute, HI, 209-232.
- Eh, Y. Y. (2011), "Environmental Effects on Productivity of Flounder Culture Farms," The Journal of Fisheries Business administration, 44 (3), 79-94.
- Eh, Y. Y. (2014), "Mathematical Model of Aquaculture Facility utilization," The Journal of Fisheries and Marine Sciences Education, 26 (2), 444-454. https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2014.26.2.444
- Forsberg, O. I. (1996), "Optimal stocking and harvesting of size.structured farmed fish: a multi.period linear programming approach," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation, 42, 299-305 https://doi.org/10.1016/0378-4754(95)00132-8
- Fulks, W. and Main(Eds), K. L. (1992), "Diseases of cultured Penaeid Shrimp In asia and the United States," The Oceanic Institute, HI, 209-232.
- Gates, J. M. and Muller, J. J. (1975), "Optimizing the growth and marketing of fish in a controlled environment," Marine Technology Society Journal, 9, 13-16.
- Halachmi, I. (2007), "Biomass management in recirculating aquaculture systems using queuing network," Aquaculture, 262, 514-520. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aquaculture.2006.10.015
- Jaw.Kai, W. and Junghans, L. (2000), "Optimizing Multi.stage Shrimp Production Systems," Aquacultural Engineering, 22, 243-254. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0144-8609(00)00038-8
- Schnute, J. T. and Richards, L. J. (1990), "A Unified Approach to the Analysis of Fish Growth, Maturity, and Survivorship Data," Can. J. Fish. Aquat. Sci. 47, 24-40. https://doi.org/10.1139/f90-003
- Kirkwood, G. P. (1983), "Estimation of Von Bertalanffy Growth Curve Parameters Using Both Length Increment and Age.length Data," Can. J. Fish. Aquat. Sci. 40, 1405-1411. https://doi.org/10.1139/f83-162
- LeaMaster, B. (1992), "Shrimp Health Management Procedures," In: Fulks, W. & K. L. Main(Eds), Diseases of cultured Penaeid Shrimp In asia and the United States. The Oceanic Institute, HI, 345-356.
- Pascoe, S., Wattage, P. and Naik, D. (2002), "Optimal Harvesting Strategies: Practice versus Theory," Aquaculture Economic and Management, 6, 195-208.
- Seginer, I., Mozes, N. and Lahav. (2008), "A design study on the optimal water refreshment rate in recirculating aquaculture systems," Aquacultural Engineering, 38, 171-180. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aquaeng.2008.03.001
- Seginer, I. (2009), "Are Restricted Periods of Over. stocking of Recirculating Aquaculture Systems Advisable? A Simulation Study," Aquacultural Engineering, 41, 194-206. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aquaeng.2009.07.007