- Volume 45 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study of Consumers' Perception and Intention to Participation for Solar Salt Traceability System
천일염 이력추적제도에 대한 소비자의 인식 및 참여의도에 관한 연구
- Suh, Bo-Won (Department of Food Service & Agri-business Management, Kyung Hee Cyber University)
- 서보원 (경희사이버대학교 외식농산업경영학과)
- Received : 2014.07.04
- Accepted : 2014.09.17
- Published : 2014.09.30
Concern about food safety among consumers is very high at the moment, because many problems related to food safety have occurred, such as Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE). To improve consumers' reliability about food safety issue, government in every country have tried to set various food policy, and the Korean government has also tried to set consumers at ease about their diet, for instance, food traceability system. The aim of this study is to define consumer perceptions and intention to participation for solar salt traceability system. As the results, consumers generally have positive perception about solar salt traceability system, and the study identifies that attitude, reliability and availability significantly influence intention to participation for solar salt traceability system.
Traceability system;Solar salt traceability system;Consumers' perception;Intention to participation
Supported by : 경희사이버대학교
- Beef Traceability (2012),"Status for Beef Traceability,"accessed December 10, 2012 [available at http://cattle.mtrace.go.kr/ business/ businessStateList_03.do]
- Choi, T. K., Choi, S. H. and Kim, T. K. (2006), "Measuring the Willingness to Pay for Traceability System Attributes of Beef,"Korean Journal of Agricultural Management and Policy, 33 (4), 869-884.
- Chung, M. R., Choe, Y. C., Moon, J. H. and Lee, C. H. (2007),"Understanding Producers'Continuing Use of Food Traceability System,"Korean Journal of Agricultural Economics, 48 (4), 133-160.
- Farm2Table(2012),"Information for Traceability System and Farm2Table", accessed December 10, 2012, [available at https://www.farm2table.kr:444/ jsp/info/total_farm.jsp]
- Chen, M. F. (2007),"Consumer attitudes and purchase intentions in relation to organic foods in Taiwan: Moderating effects of food-related personality traits,"Food Quality and Preference, 18, 1008-1021. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodqual.2007.04.004
- Doo, J. W. (2011),"A Study of the Rationalization of Distribution Structure for Solar Salt; Focused on Shin-an Gun, Jeollanam-Do,"The Journal of Korean Island, 23 (4), 67-84.
- Fishbein, M. and Ajzen, I. (1975), Belief, attitude, intention and behaviour: An introduction to theory and research, Reading; Mass, Addison-Wesley.
- Go, D. G. (2009),"A Study on the Economic Effects of Solar Salt Industry in Korea,"Journal of the Korean Regional Development Association, 21 (1), 1-28.
- Golan, E., Krissoff, B. and Kuchler, F. (2004),"Food Traceability ? one ingredient in a safe and efficient food supply,"Amber Waves, April, 2-2.
- Hair, J. F., Black, W. C., Babin B. J., Anderson, R. E. and Tatham, R. L. (2006), Multivariate Data Analysis, 6th ed., New Jersey: Prentice-Hall International, Inc.
- Ham, D. C. (2010),"Factor influencing on Intention to Usage of Beef Traceability System by adopting TAM model,"Doctoral Dissertation, Sejong University.
- Hwang, E. G. (2010),"A Study on the Effects of Country of Origin Labelling and the Traceability System for Hanwoo Beef on Safety and Consumer Trustworthiness,"The Korean Journal of Culinary Research, 16 (2), 270-290
- Jeon, M. H., Jung, G. H. and Kim, H. D. (2007),"The Adoption of Traceability Systems by farmers and Its Consumers'Recognition,"Journal of Agricultural Extension & Community Development, 14 (1), 117-147.
- Kim, G. H. (2005),"Report on Developing of Pork Traceability System for local environment,"Pu- Kyoung Pork Agricultural Cooperative Federation.
- Kim, J. B. (2007), Critical Success factors of RFID-based Fisheries Traceability System: From the Perspectives of Consumers and Suppliers, The Journal of Fisheries Business Administration, 38 (2), 25-40
- Kim, J. W. (2006),"A Study on the Consumer Attitudes and Market Value of Beef Traceability," Master's Thesis, Konkuk University.
- Kim, M. H. and Oh, Y. S. (2007),"Empirical Study of the Usability facet in Mobile Service Usage for Customer buying Intention," Journal of International Area Studies, 11 (2), 237-258. https://doi.org/10.18327/jias.2007.07.11.2.237
- Kim, D. J., Kim, G. J. and Kwon, Y. J. (2009),"A study on trust in U.S., antimonic acceptance toward U.S. Beef and Changes in the Amount of Beef Consumption,"The Korean Journal of Culinary Research, 15 (1), 254-270.
- Kim, H. I. (2010),"The application plan for food safety through cognition research on Food Traceability System,"Master's Thesis, Chung-Ang University.
- Kim, T. S. and Jin, Y. H. (2011),"The effect of the food traceability system application applied with the TAM on consumer confidence,"The Korean Journal of Culinary Research, 17 (4), 74-87.
- Korea Maritime Institute (2009), Korea Maritime Institute, Annual Report on Seafood Traceability, 2009.
- Lee, C. H., Lee, Y. J. and Shim, G. S. (2005), "Understanding and Needs of Consumers, Producers Regarding Traceability of Agriproducts," Korea Journal of Food Marketing Economics, 22 (1), 157-176.
- Korea Maritime Institute (2010), Korea Maritime Institute, Annual Report on Seafood Traceability, 2010.
- Korea Maritime Institute (2012), Korea Maritime Institute, Annual Report on Building the Infrastructure for the Traceability of Solar Salt, 2011.
- Lee, J. G. (2005),"A study of Building the Traceability system to develop of Korean Beef Industry: Focused on Gyounggi-do area,"Master's Thesis, Kyoung- Hee University.
- Mahon, D. and Cowan, C. (2004),"Irish consumer perception of food safety risk in minced beef," British Food Journal, 106 (4), 301-312. https://doi.org/10.1108/00070700410529564
- Ministry for Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MIFAFF) (2012), "Implementing of Sea Salt Traceability System-To prevent imported salt turned to local salt-," Press Release.
- Na, Y. S. (2012), "A Study on the Factors Influencing Behavioral Intention Related to Beef Traceability and TAM," The Korean Journal of Culinary Research, 18 (1), 77-90.
- O'Donovan, P. and McCarthy, M. (2002), "Irish consumer preference for organic meat," British Food Journal, 104 (3/4/5), 353-370. https://doi.org/10.1108/00070700210425778
- Park, S. S. (2007), "The Study on Implementation of Traceability System Applied RFID in Food Industry," Doctoral Dissertation, Kyoung-Hee University.
- Regattieri, A., Gamberi, M. and Manzini, R. (2007), "Traceability of food products: General framework and experimental evidence," Journal of Food Engineering, 81 (2), 347-356 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfoodeng.2006.10.032
- Seafood Traceability System (2012), "Seafood Traceability, Examples of seafood traceability in the world," accessed December 10, 2012, [available at http://www.fishtrace.go.kr]
- Sterling, B. and Sparling, D. (2004), "Food Traceability in Canada RCM Technologies," GTIN-RFID Conference, October 14. 2004, Toronto, Canada.
- Suh, B. W. (2010), "A Study of Consumers'Food Choice Behavior by Comparison of Past Experience; Focus on Organic Food," Korea Journal of Food Marketing Economics, 27 (1), 19-40.
- Suh, B. W. (2013), "A Study on the Development of the Solar Salt Industry through Diagnosis of Current Situation and Theoretical Consideration," The Journal of Fisheries Business Administration, 44 (2), 35-49. https://doi.org/10.12939/FBA.2013.44.2.035
- Thompson, N. J. and Thompson, K. E. (1996), "Reasoned action theory: An application to alcohol-free beer," Journal of Marketing Practice: Applied Marketing Science, 2 (2), 35-48.
- Wang, N., Zhang, N. and Wang, M. (2006), "Wireless sensors in agriculture and food industry-Recent development and future perspective," Computer and Electronics Agriculture, 50 (1), 1-14. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compag.2005.09.003
- Wendy, R., Lynn, J., Frewer, D. and Menozz, G. F. (2008), "Consumer perception of traceability: A cross-national comparison of the associated benefits," Food Quality and Preference, 19 (1), 452-464. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodqual.2008.02.001
- Ziamou, P. and Ratneshwar, S. (2002), "Promoting consumer adoption of high-technology products: Is more information always better?," Journal of Consumer Psychology, 12 (4), 341-351. https://doi.org/10.1207/15327660260382379
- Effects of the Questionnaire and Radioactivity Measurement of Fishery from the Fukushima Nuclear Disaster vol.10, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7742/jksr.2016.10.1.53
- A study on the consumption of fishery products in relation with radioactivity-related safety information vol.46, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.12939/FBA.2015.46.1.145