- Volume 14 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Group Decision Making Using Intuitionistic Hesitant Fuzzy Sets
- Beg, Ismat (Centre for Mathematics and Statistical Sciences, Lahore School of Economics) ;
- Rashid, Tabasam (Department of Mathematics, University of Management and Technology)
- Received : 2014.03.17
- Accepted : 2014.09.22
- Published : 2014.09.25
Dealing with uncertainty is always a challenging problem. Intuitionistic fuzzy sets was presented to manage situations in which experts have some membership and non-membership value to assess an alternative. Hesitant fuzzy sets was used to handle such situations in which experts hesitate between several possible membership values to assess an alternative. In this paper, the concept of intuitionistic hesitant fuzzy set is introduced to provide computational basis to manage the situations in which experts assess an alternative in possible membership values and non-membership values. Distance measure is defined between any two intuitionistic hesitant fuzzy elements. Fuzzy technique for order preference by similarity to ideal solution is developed for intuitionistic hesitant fuzzy set to solve multi-criteria decision making problem in group decision environment. An example is given to illustrate this technique.
Hesitant fuzzy set;Intuitionistic fuzzy set;Multiple attribute group decision making;Technique for order preference by similarity to ideal solution
- L. A. Zadeh, "Fuzzy sets," Information and Control, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 338-353, Jun. 1965. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0019-9958(65)90241-X https://doi.org/10.1016/S0019-9958(65)90241-X
- M. Xia, Z. Xu, and N. Chen, "Some hesitant fuzzy aggregation operators with their application in group decision making," Group Decision and Negotiation, vol. 22, pp. 259-279, Mar. 2013. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10726-011-9261-7 https://doi.org/10.1007/s10726-011-9261-7
- Z. Xu and X. Zhang, "Hesitant fuzzy multi-attribute decision making based on TOPSIS with incomplete weight information," Knowledge-Based Systems, vol. 52, pp. 53-64, Nov. 2013. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.knosys.2013.05.011 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.knosys.2013.05.011
- D. Yu, Y. Wu, and W. Zhou, "Multi-criteria decision making based on Choquet integral under hesitant fuzzy environment," Journal of Computational Information Systems, vol. 7, no. 12, pp. 4506-4513, Dec. 2011
- R. E. Bellman and L. A. Zadeh, "Decision-making in a fuzzy environment," Management Science, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. B141-B164, 1970. http://dx.doi.org/doi:10.1287/mnsc.17.4.B141 https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.17.4.B141
- D. Dubois, D. Dubois, "The role of fuzzy sets in decision sciences: old techniques and new directions," Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 184, no. 1, pp. 3-28, Dec. 2011. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.fss.2011.06.003 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fss.2011.06.003
- K. T. Atanassov, "Intuitionistic fuzzy sets," Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 87-96, Aug. 1986. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0165-0114(86)80034-3 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0165-0114(86)80034-3
- S. K. De, R. Biswas, and A. R. Roy, "An application of intuitionistic fuzzy sets in medical diagnosis," Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 117, mo. 2, pp. 209-213, Jan. 2001. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0165-0114(98)00235-8 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0165-0114(98)00235-8
- K. T. Atanassov, Intuitionistic Fuzzy Sets: Theory and Applications, Heidelberg: Physica-Verlag, 1999.
- I. Beg and T. Rashid, "Multi-criteria trapezoidal valued intuitionistic fuzzy decision making with Choquet integral based TOPSIS," OPSEARCH, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 98-129, Mar. 2014. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s12597-013-0134-5 https://doi.org/10.1007/s12597-013-0134-5
- F. E. Boran, S. Gen c, M. Kurt, and D. Akay, "A multicriteria intuitionistic fuzzy group decision making for supplier selection with TOPSIS method," Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 36, no. 8, pp. 11363-11368, Oct. 2009. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2009.03.039 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2009.03.039
- D. F. Li, "Multiattribute decision making models and methods using intuitionistic fuzzy sets," Journal of Computer and System Sciences, vol. 70, no. 1, pp. 73-85, Feb. 2005. .http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jcss.2004.06.002 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcss.2004.06.002
- V. Torra, "Hesitant fuzzy sets," International Journal of Intelligent Systems, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 529-539, Jun. 2010. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/int.20418 https://doi.org/10.1002/int.20418
- J. Liu, and M. Sun, "Generalized power average operator of hesitant fuzzy numbers and its application in multiple attribute decision making," Journal of Computational Information Systems, vol. 9, no. 8, pp. 3051-3058, Apr. 2013.
- Z. Zhang, "Hesitant fuzzy power aggregation operators and their application to multiple attribute group decision making," Information Sciences, vol. 234, pp. 150-181, Jun. 2013. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ins.2013.01.002 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ins.2013.01.002
- C. L. Hwang and K. Yoon, Multiple Attribute Decision Making: Methods and Applications: A State-of-the-Art Survey. Lecture Notes in Economics and Mathematical Systems Vol. 186, New York, NY: Springer-Verlag, 1981.
- H. S. Shih, H. J. Shyur, and E. S. Lee, "An extension of TOPSIS for group decision making," Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 45, no. 7-8, pp. 801-813, Apr. 2007. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.mcm.2006.03.023 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mcm.2006.03.023
- S. J. Chen, C. L. Hwang, and F. P. Hwang, Fuzzy Multiple Attribute Decision Making: Methods and Applications. Lecture Notes in Economics and Mathematical Systems Vol. 375, New York, NY: Springer-Verlag, 1992.
- Multi-criteria group decision-making method based on interdependent inputs of single-valued trapezoidal neutrosophic information pp.1433-3058, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00521-016-2672-2
- Novel Parameterized Distance Measures on Hesitant Fuzzy Sets with Credibility Degree and Their Application in Decision-Making vol.10, pp.11, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3390/sym10110557
- Cosine Distance Measure between Neutrosophic Hesitant Fuzzy Linguistic Sets and Its Application in Multiple Criteria Decision Making vol.10, pp.11, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3390/sym10110602
- Interval-valued probabilistic hesitant fuzzy set for multi-criteria group decision-making pp.1433-7479, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00500-018-3638-3
- Correlation coefficient of intuitionistic hesitant fuzzy sets based on informational energy and their applications to clustering analysis pp.1433-7479, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00500-018-3591-1
- Probabilistic Single-Valued (Interval) Neutrosophic Hesitant Fuzzy Set and Its Application in Multi-Attribute Decision Making vol.10, pp.9, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3390/sym10090419
- Probabilistic Hesitant Intuitionistic Linguistic Term Sets in Multi-Attribute Group Decision Making vol.10, pp.9, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3390/sym10090392
- Application of Dual Hesitant Fuzzy Geometric Bonferroni Mean Operators in Deciding an Energy Policy for the Society vol.2018, pp.1563-5147, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/4541982
- A study on generalized hesitant intuitionistic Fuzzy soft sets vol.983, pp.1742-6596, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1088/1742-6596/983/1/012127
- Generalized Neutrosophic Soft Expert Set for Multiple-Criteria Decision-Making vol.10, pp.10, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3390/sym10100437
- Hesitant Picture 2-Tuple Linguistic Aggregation Operators Based on Archimedean T-Norm and T-Conorm and Their Use in Decision-Making vol.10, pp.11, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3390/sym10110629
- Group Decision Making Based on Triangular Neutrosophic Cubic Fuzzy Einstein Hybrid Weighted Averaging Operators vol.11, pp.2, 2019, https://doi.org/10.3390/sym11020180