- Volume 12 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Research on the movement following a badminton stroke
배드민턴 스트로크 이후 대응 동작에 관한 연구
- Song, Joo-Ho (Department of Sports Science, Korea Institute of Sports Science) ;
- Kim, Kee-Hyun (Department of Sports Science, Korea Institute of Sports Science) ;
- Park, Jong-Chul (Department of Sports Science, Korea Institute of Sports Science)
- Received : 2014.07.05
- Accepted : 2014.09.20
- Published : 2014.09.28
This research aimed to enhance the effects of training through the use of infrared cameras located at anterior and posterior positions. The results were as follows. In the case of the smash, the impact time needed to be adjusted to raise their impact point. The smash of S1, on the other hand, was a step smash, which showed the fastest racquet head speed and the greatest transmission of power upon impact. As the max racquet speed upon impact and during speed was similar, S1 showed the best impact time. All athletes except S6 were shown to use their right foot as their 1 step that was located in front upon landing, using a hop step as their first step. For the best swing upon stroke, it is important to make the best conditions possible for the use of elbow joints and wrist joints. The rotating radius of the racquet should be big and the shuttlecock should be fast. Balance is important in footwork, or the coordinated movement of the feet. Without a correct step it is difficult to execute an efficient stroke. In an actual game, steps need to be executed in 2 to 4 steps, and programs focusing on steps according to situation, agility and reaction need to be executed.
- Adrian, M. J., & Cooper, J. M. (1995). Biomechanics of Human Movement(second ed), Dubuque; Wm. C. Brown Communications Inc, 373.
- Ahn Sang Woo(1990). Kinematic analysis of badminton smash motion. master's thesis, Chonnam National University Graduate School.
- Cooper, J. M., Adrian, M. & Glassow, R. B. (1982). Kinesiology, Missouri: The C. V. Mosby Company, 276-279.
- Chun Young Jin(1997). Performance evaluation through the biomechannical analysis of the motion of the player in the badminton tournament. master's thesis, Seoul National University Graduate School.
- Elliott. B., Marshall, R & Noffal. G. (1995). Contributions of upper limb segment rotations and the power serve in tennis. Journal of Applied Biomechanics, 11, 433-442. https://doi.org/10.1123/jab.11.4.433
- Elliott. B., Marshall. R & Noffal. G. (1996). The role of upper limb segment robations in the development of racket-head speed in the spuash forehand. Journal of Applied Biomechanics, 14(2), 159-165.
- Gowitzke. B. A. & Waddell. D. B. (1977). The contributions of Biomechanics in Solving Problems in Badminton Stroke Production. In: Selected Papers Presented at the international Coaching Conference. Malmo. 10.
- Gowitzke. B. A. & Waddell. D. B. (1978). Technique of Badminton Stroke Production. In: Science in Racket Sports-international Congress of Sports Sciences. Ed. J. Terauds. Edmonton. 17-41.
- Han Sang Min(1998). Kinematic analysis of badminton smash motion. master's thesis, Konkuk University Graduate School.
- Hwang Kyeong Sook(1981). Motion analysis of badminton smash. master's thesis, wha Womans University Graduate School.
- Jung Ik Soo(2005). Kinematic analysis of badminton dropshot motion. master's thesis, Chungnam National University Graduate School.
- Lee Sang Kyung(1992). Kinematic analysis of badminton serve motion. master's thesis, Chungnam National University Graduate School.
- Lyu Jae Cheong, Kim Ig Sang(2003). Kinematic analysis of badminton smashing between the skilled and unskilled. Korean Journal of Biomechanics, Vol. 13, No 2, 139-160. https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2003.13.2.139
- Park Soon Bok(1985). Analysis of Technical Motions in Badminton : with priority to Drive, Smash and Push. master's thesis, Ewha Womans University Graduate School..
- Sakurai. S., Ikegami. Y. & Yabe. K. (1978). A Three-Dimensional Cinematographic Analysis of Badminton Strokes. In: Biomechanics in Sports V: Proceedings of the Fifth International Symposium of Biomechanics in Sports. Ed. L. Tsarouchas. Athens. Greece. 357-363.
- So Jae Moo, Han Sang Min, Seo Jin Hee(2003). Comparison of the Kinematic Variables in the Badminton Smash Motion. Korean Journal of Biomechanics, Vol. 13, No 2, 65-74. https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2003.13.2.065
- Tang. H. P., Abe. K., Katoh. K., & Ae. M. (1995). Three-Dimensional Cinematographic Analysis of Badminton Forehand Smash Movements of the Forearm and Hand. In: Science and Racket Sports. Ed. T. Reilly. M. Hughes, A. Lees. E. & F. N. Spoon. London. 113-118.