- Volume 12 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Correlation among Heat and Cold, Life Style, Stress and Quality of Life for Adult Female with Constipation
성인 여성의 변비에 따른 한열(寒熱)증상, 생활습관, 스트레스, 삶의 질과의 관계
- Kim, Yunyoung (Korean Institute of Oriental Medicine) ;
- Park, Kihyun (Korean Institute of Oriental Medicine) ;
- Jang, Eunsu (Korean Institute of Oriental Medicine) ;
- Yoo, Jonghyang (Korean Institute of Oriental Medicine)
- Received : 2014.07.08
- Accepted : 2014.09.20
- Published : 2014.09.28
Korean, and identified the correlation of a constipation with life style, heat and cold symptoms, stress and life quality of them. We also identified the relationships of the constipation with stress and life quality. A Survey was conducted from April 23, 2010 to October 25, 2010 for 464 women and the collected data was analyzed with computer software of SPSS 19.0. In the result, the constipation group appealed for cold stomach(p=.008), dyspepsia(p=.006), and tiredness(p=.001). more often than the normal group. The constipation group experienced Dreaming(p=.003), light sleeping(p=.007) and a trouble in sleeping(p=.001) more often, which impaired the quality of sleeping. Compared to the normal group, the constipation group also showed a tendency of high stress and low life quality. Based on the results, all the factors of heat and cold symptom, life style, stress and life quality should be considered when developing medications for the prevention and improvement of constipation.
Heat and Cold;Constipation;Life Style;Stress;Quality of Life
Grant : 증의 실질 규명 및 한의변증 분류기술 개발
Supported by : 한국한의학연구원, 한국연구재단
- AGA(The America Gastroenterological Association). Constipation. 2002.
- Phillips, C., Polakoff, D., Maue, SK., Mauch, R,. Assessment of constipation management in long-term care patients. American Medical Director Association, Vol. 2, pp. 149-154, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1525-8610(04)70190-5
- Irvine, E. J., Ferrazzi, S., Pare, P., Thompson, W. G., Rance, L., Health-related quality of life in functional GI disorders: Focus on constipation and resource utilization. The American Journal of Gastroenterology, Vol. 97, No. 8, pp. 1986-1993, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1572-0241.2002.05843.x
- H. T. Nam, D. S. Huh, K. S. Jang, Comprehension on colorectal diseases. Seoul, Koonja, Inc. 2002.
- S. J. Jung, S. W. Chae, H. S. Sohn, S. B. Kim, J. O. Rho, S. H. Baik, M. H. Kang, G. H. Kim, M. H. Kim, H. S. Kim, E. J. Park, Y. R. Heo, Y. S. Cha, Actual status of Constipation and life factors affecting constipation by diagnosis of rome in female university students in Korea. The Korean Journal of Nutrition, Vol. 44, No. 5, pp. 428-442. 2011. https://doi.org/10.4163/kjn.2011.44.5.428
- K. H. Kim, The relation between life stress and nutrient intake status in female university students. Journal of Korean Society of Food Culture, Vol. 15, No. 5, pp. 387-397, 2000.
- De Lillo, A., Rose, S. Functional bowl disorders in the geriatric patient; Constipation, fecal impaction, and fecal incontinence. The American Journal of Gastroenterology, Vol. 95, No. 4, pp. 901-905, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0002-9270(00)00718-8
- J. W. Park, S. W. Yoon, J. S. Kim, B. H. Ryu, A clinical pilot study of Carthami-Semen herbal acupuncture treatment for chronic constipation. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society, Vol. 25, No. 5, pp. 1-11, 2008.
- H. H. Ryu, H. J. Lee, E. S. Jang, S. M. Choi, S. G. Lee, S. W. Lee, Study on Development of Clod-Heat Pattern Questionnaire. Korea Journal of Oriental Physiology and Pathology, Vol. 22, No. 6, pp. 1410-1415, 2008.
- J. J. Park, M. S. Lee, K. H. Kong, H. Y. Go, Relationship between heart rate variability and cold-heat patternization in patient with chronic constipation. Journal of Korean Oriental Internal Medicine, Vol. 33, No. 2, pp. 209-221, 2012.
- S. G. Jeon, C. I. Sohn, J. E. Kim, J. E. Park, S. R. Park, K. H. Park, I. S. Hwang, E. J. Kim, C. Y. Park, B. I. Kim, W. K. Cheon, E. S. Jung, P. L. Rhee, J. C. Rhee, K. W. Choi, H. Y. Lee, Bowel habits in routine check-up subjects. The Korean Journal of Medicine, Vol. 57, No. 1, pp. 36-42, 1999.
- Friedman, H. H. Problem oriented medical diagnosis 2nded. little Brownand Company, 1997.
- Fauci, A. S., Braunwald, E., Isslbacher, K. J., Wilson, J. D., Martin, J. B., Kasper, D. L.. Harrison's principles of internal medicine. McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. NewYork USA. 1998.
- S. J. Jang, B. S. Cha, J. G. Park, E. K. Lee, Standardization of stress measurement scale. The Journal of Wonju College of Medicine, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 21-38, 1994.
- H. J. Choi, B. M. Cho, I. K. Hwang, T. H. Yoon, Factors related to psychosocial stress level of residents living near the Gori nuclear power plant. Korean Association of Health and Medical Sociology, Vol. 25, pp. 153-176, 2009.
- Ware, J. E., Sherbourne, C. D. The MOS 36-item short-form health survey(SF-36). I. Conceptual framework and item selection. Medical Care, Vol. 30, No. 6, pp. 473-483, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1097/00005650-199206000-00002
- J. E. Kim, K. M. Park, S. G. Lee, H. S. Ryu, Differences of cold-heat patterns between healthy and disease group. Korea Journal of Oriental Physiology and Pathology, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 224-228, 2006.
- S. Y. Haa, M. Y. Kim, Y. J. Park, Y. B. Park, A study on the characteristic of electrogastography according to the hear-cold patternization. The Journal of The Korea Institute of Oriental Medical Diagnostics. Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 131-141, 2009.
- J. R. Shin, S. Y. Ly, Dietary habits and factors related to lifestyles in constipated female students. Korean Journal of community nutrition. Vol. 8, No. 5, pp. 675-688, 2003.
- K. Y. Chae, Physiology of sleep. Korean Journal of Pediatrics, Vol. 50, No. 8, pp. 711-717, 2007. https://doi.org/10.3345/kjp.2007.50.8.711
- S. H. Han, O. Y. Lee, Y. S. Lee, K. B. Kim, B. C. Yoon, H. S. Choi, Anxiety depression and sleep disturbance in female constipation predominant irritable bowel syndrome. Korean Journal of Neurogastoenterology and Motility, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 66-71, 2005.
- K. N. Lee, K. W, Sung. The Factors Affecitng the Constipation of the Elderly at Nursing Homes. Journal of Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing, Vol 19, No. 4, pp. 575-586, 2008.
- J. S. You, J. Y. Park, K. J. Chang, Correlation among dietary habits score, life stress score and health-related quality of life(HRQL) score for female college students with functional constipation. Korean Journal of Nutrition, Vol. 43, No. 6, pp. 620-627, 2010. https://doi.org/10.4163/kjn.2010.43.6.620
- Y. S. Byeon, J. I. Lee, Stress and constipation in female high school students. Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing. Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 23-39, 2003.
- J. H. Kim, Psychological factors associated with symptoms related with bowel movement in college women. Korean Journal of Health Psychology, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 375-397. 2003.
- Glia, A., Lindberg, G. Quality of life in patients with different types of functional constipation. Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology. Vol. 32, pp. 1083-1089, 1997. https://doi.org/10.3109/00365529709002985