- Volume 12 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
The Relations of Aging Anxiety and Depression Focused on Middle Aged People of Digital University
디지털대학 중년기 재학생의 노화불안과 우울에 관한 연구
- Jeon, Hye Seong (Dept. of Graduate School of Legal Studies and Public Administration, Dankook University) ;
- Lee, Hee Youn (Dept. of Social Work, Seoul Cyber University)
- Received : 2014.06.18
- Accepted : 2014.09.20
- Published : 2014.09.28
This paper was to explore the effect of aging anxiety of the middle-aged on depression in aging society. This survey was conducted from September, 2013 to December, 2013 and 302responses from the survey were used for the analysis. The data was analyzed by descriptive statistics, t-test, ANOVA, pearson correlation and Multiple Regression. The research findings could be summarized as the followings. First, the mean scores of aging anxiety and depression were lower than average. Second, aging anxiety was the significant predictor to explain depression. Third, income also was the significant predictors which have the effectiveness to the depression.
Digital University;Middle-Aged;Aging Anxiety;Depression
- S. O. Choi, S. N. Kim, K. I. Shin, J.H. Lee, Anxiety about Aging of a Resident Community of Adult. Journal of the Korean Gerontological Society, Vol. 28, No. 1, pp.19-32, 2008.
- K. P. Lasher, P. J. Faulkender, Measurement of aging anxiety: Developmentofthe anxiety about aging scale. International Journal of Aging& Human Development, Vol. 37, No. 4, pp.247-259, 1993. https://doi.org/10.2190/1U69-9AU2-V6LH-9Y1L
- S. J. Lee, The Characteristics of Economic Activities of the Baby Boom Generation and Policy Implications. Issue & Focus, Vol. 2, No.1, pp.1-8, 2011.
- C. W. Lee, The Life Instability of the Elderly in Korea, Koeran Research, Vol. 18, No.1, 2003.
- S. A. Park, K .J. Song, The effect of social anxiety on psychological adaptation. Korean Journal of Psychological and Social Issues, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp.1-29, 2005.
- S. Y. Shin,, Effect of Middle-Aged aging anxiety factors on Preparation for old age and Psychological well-being. Korea Counseling Graduate University Press. 2013.
- H. Y. Lee, H. S. Jeon, Effects of Life Satisfaction Expectancy, Mindfulness and Social Support on Depression. The Korea Contents Society, Vol. 11, No.7. pp.275-284. 2011.
- K. P. Lasher, P. J. Faulkender, Measurement of aging anxiety:Developmentofthe anxiety aboutaging scale. International Journal of Aging & Human Development, Vol. 37, No. 4, pp.247-259, 1993. https://doi.org/10.2190/1U69-9AU2-V6LH-9Y1L
- Y. J. Lee, The Degree of Preparation for the Old Age and the Aging Anxiety of Middle-aged Couples, Hanseo University Press, 2010.
- M. S. Lee, M. K. Rhee, A Development of Korea Depression Scale. JOURNAL OF THE KOREAN NEURO PSYCHIATRIC ASSOCIATION, Vol. 42, No. 4. pp.96-104, 2003.
- S. J. Lee, The Characteristics of Economic Activities of the Baby Boom Generation and Policy Implications, Issue & Focus, Vol. 2, No. pp.1-8. 2011.
- H. J. Han, S. H. Joung, Single Households' Financial Preparation for Retirement. Financial Planning Review, Vol.6 No.2, 2013.