- Volume 12 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Correlation of isokinetic strength and angular velocity of knee during Fente motion in elite fencer
엘리트 펜싱 선수들의 팡트 동작에 따른 무릎 신전근 근력과 각가속도의 상관
- Kim, Kee Hyun (Department of Sports Science, Korea Institute of Sports Science) ;
- Kim, Tea Gyu (Department of Sports Medicine, Taeneung National Training Center of the Korea Olympic Committee)
- Received : 2014.06.13
- Accepted : 2014.09.20
- Published : 2014.09.28
The purpose of this study is to identify the relation between isokinetic strength of knee extensors and angular velocity of knee joint during fente motion in elite fencers by three disciplines and gender, and to provide the preliminary data for developing the training program and rehabilitation program to enhance sports-performance by three disciplines and gender. Total 31 elite fencers who trained at the national training center of the Korean Olympic Committee (KOC) participated in this study.; 10 fleuret (4 males), 10 epee (6 males) and 11 sabre (5 males). Subjects were measured eccentric and concentric isokinetic strength (PT/BW, WK/BW) of the knee extensors at angular velocity of
Fencing;Fente motion;Angular velocity;Knee extensors;Isokinetic strength
- Aquili, A., Tancredi, V., Triossi, T., De Sanctis, D., Padua, E., D'Arcangelo, G., & Melchiorri, G.(2013). Performanc analysis in Sabre. The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, Vol.27, No.3, 624-630. https://doi.org/10.1519/JSC.0b013e318257803f
- Aquilino, G., D., Longo, A., F., & Lentini, N., A.(2012). Leg power in elite male fencers: a comparative study among the three competitive disciplines. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, Vol.44, 426-435.
- Atwater, A., E.(1990). Gender differences in distance running. In. Cavanagh PR. Biomechanics of distance running. Human Kinetics, Champaign IL.
- Barth, B., & Beck, E.(2007). The complete guide to fencing. Oxford: Meyer & Meyer Sport (UK) Ltd.
- Bottoms, L., Greenhalgh, A., & Sinclair, J.(2013). Kinematic determinants of weapon velocity during the fencing lunge in experienced epee fencers. Acta of Bioengineering and Biomechanics, Vol.15, No.4, 109-113.
- Drouin, J., M., Valovich-mcLeod, T,. C., Shultz, S., J., Gansneder, B., M., & Perin, D., H.(2004). Reliability and validity of the Biodex system 3 pro isokinetic dynamometer velocity, torque and position measurements. European journal of Applied Physiology, Vol.91, 22-29. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00421-003-0933-0
- Feiring, D., C., Ellenbecker, T., S., & Derscheid, G., L.(1990). Test-retest reliability of the biodex isokinetic dynamometer. Journal of Orthopedic Sports Physical Therapy, Vol.11, 298-300. https://doi.org/10.2519/jospt.19220.127.116.118
- Kadaba, M., P., Ramakrishnan, H., K. & Wootten, M., E. (1990) Measurement of lower extremity kinematics during level walking. Journal of Orthopaedic Research, Vol.8, 383-392. https://doi.org/10.1002/jor.1100080310
- Morris, A., M., Williams, J., M., Atwater, A., E., & Wilmore, J., M.(1982). Age and sex differences in motor performance of 3 through 6 year old children. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, Vol.53, 214-221. https://doi.org/10.1080/02701367.1982.10609342
- Oh, Cheong Hwan, Bae, Jae Hee, Shin, Eui Su, Hong, Su Young, Choi, Jung Kyu, & Lee, Jeong Tae,(2013). A kinetics analysis of fente motion in epee game of woman's fencing players. The Korea Journal of Sports Science, Vol.22, No.4, 1273-1283.
- Park, Jong Chul, Kim, Tae Whan, Song, Joo ho, Back, Jin Ho, & Kim, Tae Gyu.(2011). Effects of patellar tendinopathy on the marche-fente movement of female fencing fleuret players. Korean Journal of Sport Science, Vol. 22, No, 2, 1875-1883. https://doi.org/10.24985/kjss.2011.22.2.1875
- Paul, S., Miller. W., Beasley, P, Bottoms. L., & Usher, G.(2011). Epee fencing: A step by step guide to achieving Olympic gold (with no guarantee you will get any where near it). Wellard Publishing, London, UK.
- Semeryak, Z., Briskin, Y., Pityn, M., & Vaulin, O.(2013). Use of an authorial training technology during technical and tactical training of women epee fencers. SportLogia, Vol.9, 135-140.
- Sinclair, J., & Bottoms, L.(2013). Gender differences in the kinetics and lower extremity kinematics of the fencing lunge. International Journal of Performance Analysis in Sport, Vol.13, 440-451. https://doi.org/10.1080/24748668.2013.11868660
- Sinclair, J., Greenhalh, A., Edmundson, C., J., Brooks, D., & Hobbs, S., J.(2012). Gender differences in the kinetics and kinematics of distance running: implications for footwear design. International Journal of Science and Engineering, Vol.06, No.02, 118-128.
- Tsolakis, C., Kostaki, E., & Vagenas, G.(2010). Anthropometric, flexibility, strength - power and sport specific correlates in elite fencing. Perceptual and Motor Skills, Vol.110, 1015-1028. https://doi.org/10.2466/pms.110.3c.1015-1028
- Turner, A., Miller, S., Stewart, P., Cree, J., Ingram, R., Dimitriou, L., Moody, J., & Kilduff, L.(2013). Strength and conditioning for fencing. Strength and Conditioning Journal, Vol.35, 1-9.