- Volume 12 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A Study on Production of Broadcasting New Media Style Guide
방송사 뉴미디어 스타일 가이드 제작에 관한 연구
- Received : 2014.06.12
- Accepted : 2014.09.20
- Published : 2014.09.28
N-Screen era is held due to the cloud computing technology which access to contents anytime, anywhere without any persistent. In the broadcast industry, this broadcast contents is rapidly serviced by variety of media devices such as PC, Smart phone, Tablet, App, IPTV. To Increase the usefulness and usability of the platform, same brand identity have to be maintain by devices and integrated guide which can encompass a variety of media are needed. This study tries to figure out the need of New Media Style Guide to keep brand identity in a variety of new media beyond previously Web style guide which limited in the Web pages. First, Integrated Guide GEL of BBC's and Web style guide of KBS was analyzed. Through the analysis it was found that the limitations and problem of the current web style guide and then suggested the improvement direction. In addition, this study tried to find which design elements should be made for new media style guides through in-depth interview with practitioners who work in broadcast media industry for more than three years. Through the research it was understood the current status of integrated brand identity and found a way to improve forward to new media platforms of KBS.
New Media Style Guide;Web Style Guide;Channel Brand Identity;BBC GEL;KBS
- A. H. Kim, Making Power Brand through Optimal Web Identity. Cheil company magazine, February issue, pp.59-60, 2001.
- Jae-Man Jang, A Study on Web Identity valuation basis of a Firm in Internet Business System. Master's thesis, Korea University. 2001.
- Kwang-Joong Kim, A Study on Effective Strategy of the Web Style Guide for Education Portal Site. Master's thesis, Joongang University. 2003.
- Y. H. Kim, A Study for User Interface on Silver Generation: Focusing on Expansion of Web Style Guide. The Treatise on The Plastic Media, Vol. 11, No. 2, p.13, 2008.
- J. H. Lee & S. S. Jang, A Study on the Usability Improvement of Web Design Style Guide. Journal of Communication Design, Vol. 9, No. 2, p.13, 2002.
- Jesse James Garrett, The Elements of User Experience(2nd ed.), NY: New Riders, 2010.
- Yoon-Chae Ra, The Study on the Use of Brand Identity in accordance with Smart Media-based Extension. Master's thesis, Ewha Womans University. 2002.
- Jakob Nielsen & Raluca Budiu, Mobile Usability. NY: New Riders, 2012.
- J. H. Lee & E. B. Lee, A Study on the Web Style Guide Production of University Library. Journal of National University Library, 24, pp.96-124, 2006.