- Volume 12 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A comparative study on user interface experience, product attitudes and intention to repurchase for each smartphone manufacturer
스마트폰 제조사별 UI(User Interface)경험과 제품태도 및 재구매의도에 관한 비교 연구
- Youm, Dongsup (Dept. of Advertising & Public Relations, The Namseoul University) ;
- Park, Kyoung-Ha (Dept. of Visual Design, The Gachon University)
- Received : 2014.06.30
- Accepted : 2014.09.20
- Published : 2014.09.28
This study aimed to identify empirically the differences of user interface experience factors for such manufacturers as Samsung, LG, Sky, Apple, etc., which are fiercely competing in the mobile market at home and abroad. In addition, this study aimed to verify how different the impact of such user interface experience factors on product attitudes and intention to repurchase would be for each manufacturer. As a result of the study, it was verified that there was a difference in the user experience between the manufacturers for all of the factors forming user satisfaction experience, which included information, interaction, useful experience and design experience satisfaction. Second, it was also verified that there was a difference between the manufacturers in terms of product attitudes. Lastly, it was verified that there was a difference between the manufacturers in terms of intention to repurchase. Specifically, it was found that Samsung had a higher degree of intention to repurchase than LG and Sky, whereas Apple had a higher degree hereof then Samsung. It is expected that the above results of study will provide the aforementioned manufacturers useful implications for establishing UI strategies through the contemplation of differences for each manufacturer in addition to the expansion of studies related to UI experience.
UI(User Interface);UX(User Experience);Product Attitudes;Intention to Repurchase;Manufacturer Comparative
- Bae, Hyo-Jung., & Moon, Charn. The Smart phone UI Design Evaluation and Trend of New Generation Technology: Focused on Functional Sensibility, Journal of commodity science, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 39-53, 2011.
- Bahn, J. C. Staying UX design. Seoul: Hanbit Media, Inc., pp. 90-91, 2013.
- Dong-Sup, Youm., & Seung-Yeob, Yu. The effects of UI(user interface) experience on product attitude and purchase intention for smartphones, Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 129-137, 2013.
- Doo, Kyungil. The Study on the Value-Engineering UX/UI Design Evaluation Model Based on the User's Attitude, Journal of Korea Design Knowledge, Vol. 21, pp. 1-10, 2012.
- Hiltunen, M., Laukka, M. & Luomala, J. Professional mobile user experience. Cromland. 2002.
- Hyun Eung Kang. The Impact of User Interface and Emotional Experience on Brand Identity: Focused on Social Network Service Environment, Journal of the Korean Society of Design Culture, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 1-12, 2012.
- Joo Yum, Sung., & Kyoung Ha, Park. A Study on Influence of Smart-Phone User Interface upon Brand Loyalty: with a focus on coordinating role of perceived skills on the device, Bulletin of Korean Society of Basic Design & Art, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 313-321, 2011.
- K. J., H. Fukui., M. H. Jo., & H. Y. Lee. An Analysis of Typological Developing Process of Urban Information Systems, Journal of the Korean Association of Geographic Information Studies, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 17-26, 2001.
- Kang, mi-ryoung., & Yoo, yeon-sik. A Study on the UI Design of Stick-type Intergrated Remote Controller for Domestic Use, Journal of Korean Society of Design Science, Vol. 71, pp. 235-246, 2007.
- Kim, Hyeon Hui., & Lee, Hyun Jhin. The Effects of UI Design Attributes on Social Interactions of Twitter applications, HCI 2012 Proceedings, pp. 803-805, 2012.
- Kim, Jin-Woo. Human Computer Interaction. Paju of Gyeonggi-do: Ahn Graphics Ltd., p. 494, 2005.
- Kim, Min Kyung. The Study of User Experience centered Interface Design on Brand Equity and Purchase Intention of Customers: Focused on Digital Product, The Graduate School of Hongik University Master's Degree, 2008.
- Lee, Hobae., Jeong, Yigyu. That celebrity advertisement model attribute get in advertisement attitude and trademarks attitude effect. The Korean Journal of Advertising, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 167-181, 1997.
- Lee, Jin Yi. A Study on the Integration Plan for Information Design of Mobile Phones Focused on the Elements of User Experience, The Graduate School of Hanyang University Master's Degree, 2009.
- Park, Joonwoo., & Kim, Byungtaek. A Study on characteristics of minimalism that have been applied to the UI design of mobile operating systems: Focusing on iOS 7 operating system, Journal of Korea Design Knowledge, Vol. 28, pp. 265-273, 2013.
- Preece, J., Rogers, Y., Sharp, H., Benyon, D., Holland, S., & Carey, T. Human-computer interaction. Addison-Wesley Longman Ltd., pp. 207, 1994.
- Rho, Ju Hee., & Chun, Yang Deok. Analysis on MMORPG UI Layout and Research on Effective UI Demanded by Heavy User, Journal of Korean Society of Design Science, Vol. 69, pp. 263-272, 2007.
- Schmitt, B. H. (1999), Experiential Marketing: How to get Customers to Sense, Feel, Think, Act, and Relate to your Company and Brands, NY: The Free Press, 1999.
- Shedroff, N. Experience Design. Indianapolis: New Riders. 2001.
- Sung-Ho, Shin., & Yong-Jin, Jeong. UI Device for Smart TV using the Absolute Coordinates System Based on Camera, Journal of KIIT, Vol. 11, No. 6, pp. 189-198, 2013.
- Yoo Jae, Cho., & Jeongil Choi. A Study on the Effects of Perceived Characteristics on Continuous Usage Intention in Smartphone Application, Journal of The Korea Society of IT Services, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 41-60, 2011. https://doi.org/10.9716/KITS.2011.10.2.041
- Yoon, K. Involvement level and the mediating role of attitude toward the advertisement. In L. Reid (Ed.), Processing of the 1992 Conference of the American Academy of Advertising (pp. 46-54). American Academy of Advertising. 1992.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_experienc. In March 10, 2014, visit.