- Volume 12 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
The Physical growth and secretion of sex hormone in girls with Idiopathic precocious puberty
특발성 성조숙증 여아의 유형별 분류에 따른 신체발육 및 성호르몬 분비
- Kwon, Mi-Young (Graduate school, Ewha Womans University) ;
- Kim, Myung (Dept. of Health Education and Management, Health Science College, Ewha Womans University)
- Received : 2014.06.21
- Accepted : 2014.09.20
- Published : 2014.09.28
Recently, As the prevalence of precocious is increased in Korea This study was evaluated the physical growth and female sex hormone characteristics of girls with Idiopathic precocious puberty. Retrospective analysis about the medical record of 113 girls for evaluation of signs of precocious puberty except for organic causes was done. Physical growth features and Female sexual hormone were analyzed. Height SDS and Weight SDS were significantly increased in true sexual precocity compared to pseudo sexual precocity. Hormone studies showed that the level of basal LH, FSH, E2 was significantly higher in true precocious puberty. The finding of this study suggest that we need to develop intervention about physical and psychological problems for precocious puberty girls.
Precocious puberty;True precocious puberty;Pseudo precocious puberty;Physical growth;Female sexual hormone
- The Korean Society of Pediatrics Endocrinology, Pediatric Endocrinology 2nd ed, Seoul: Kwangmoon publishing co, 2004.
- C. H. Hong, H. O. Rho & S. H. Song, The Sexual Maturity Rating of Adolescent Boys and Girls in Korea. Korean Journal of Pediatrics, Vol. 37, No. 2, pp. 193-198.1994.
- The Korean Society of Pediatrics Endocrinology, Clinical Guideline for Sexual Precocity, Seoul: Seoul Med-Media, 2011.
- W. K. Cho, S. A. Ahn, S. H. Park, S. H. Hahn, M. H. Jung & B. K. Suh, The Auxological and Hormonal Differences in Girls with Atypical Thelarche and Central Precocious Puberty. Journal of Korean Society Pediatric Endocrinology, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 60-67, 2009.
- S. M. Keizer, D. Mul, Trends in Pubertal Development in Europe. Human Reproduction Update, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 287-291. 2001. https://doi.org/10.1093/humupd/7.3.287
- Health Insurance Review and Assessment Service (2011. May).Precocious Puberty is important to Early detection , Maybe Your child too?(Press Material). Seoul: Author.
- H. M. Blanck, M. Marcus, P. E. Tolbert, C. Rubin, A .K. Henderson, V. S. Hertzberg, & R. H. Zhang, Age at menarche and tanner stage in girls exposed in utero and postnatally to polybrominated biphenyl. Epidemiology, Vol. 11, pp. 641-647, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1097/00001648-200011000-00005
- I. Colon, D. Caro, C. J. Bourdony, & O. Rosario, Identification of phthalate esters in the serum of young Puerto Rican girls with premature breast development. Environmental health perspectives, Vol. 108, pp. 895-900, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1289/ehp.00108s5895
- M. S. Wolff, J. A. Britton, L. Boguski, S. Hochman, N. Maloney, N. Serra, Z. Liu, G. Berkowits, S. Larson, J. Forman, Environmental exposures and puberty in inner-city girls. Environmental Research, Vol. 107, pp. 393-400, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envres.2008.03.006
- L. Adan, W. Chemaitilly, C. Trivin & R. Brauner, Factors predicting adult height in girls with idiopathic central precocious puberty: implications for treatment. Clinical Endocrinology , Vol. 56, pp. 297-302, 2002 https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2265.2002.01488.x
- J. C. Carel, N. Lahlou, M. Roger, & J. L. Chaussain, Precocious puberty and statural growth. Human Reproduction Update, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 135-147, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1093/humupd/dmh012
- J. A. Graber, J .R Seeley, & J. Brooks-Gunn, Is pubertal timing associated with psychopathology in young adulthood. American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Vol. 43, pp. 718-726. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.chi.0000120022.14101.11
- P. A. Michaud, J. C. Suris & A. Deppen, Gender-related psychological and behavioural correlates of pubertal timing in a national sample of Swiss adolescents. Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology, Vol. 254, pp. 172-178, 2006.
- W. W. Greulich, S. I. Pyle, Radiographic atlas of skeletal development of the hand and wrist. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences, Vol. 238, No. 3, pp. 393, 1959.
- N. Bayley, S. R .Pinneau, (1952). Tables for predicting adult height from skeletal age. Revised for use with the Greulich-Pyle hand standards, The Journal of Pediatrics, Vol. 40, pp. 423-444, 1952. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-3476(52)80205-7
- W. A. Mashall, J. M. Tanner, Variations in pattern of pubertal changes in girls, Archives of disease in childhood, Vol. 44, pp. 291-303, 1969. https://doi.org/10.1136/adc.44.235.291
- L. K. Midyett, W. V. Moore & J. D. Jacobson, Are pubertal changesin girls before age 8 benign?, Pediatrics, Vol. 111, pp. 47-51, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.111.1.47
- T. H. Kim, H. J. Coe, S. Kim, S. W. Lee, H. W. Chae, M. J. Park, S. C. Chung, E. K. Yu, D. H. Kim & H. S. Kim, Clinical and Endocrinologic Characteristics of Children Referred for Precocious. Journal of Korean Society Pediatric Endocrinology, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 119 -126, 2007.
- J. M. Na, Y. J. Lee, M. S. Kim, D. Y. Lee, C. Y. Yeo, C. J. Kim, J. D. Kim & E. Y. Kim Causes of Precocious Puberty : Multicenter Study in Honam Area. Journal of Korean Society Pediatric Endocrinology, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 30-37, 2009.
- L. Ibanez, F. de Zegher, Puberty after Prenatal Growth Restraint. Hormone Research, Vol. 65, No. 3, pp. 112-115, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1159/000091515
- P. Kaplowitz, Clinical characteristics of 104 children referred for evaluation of precocious puberty. The Journal of clinical endocrinology and metabolism, Vol. 89, pp.3644-3650, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.2003-031532
- M. T. Dattani, P. C. Hindmarsh, Normal and Abnormal Puberty in Clinical Pediatric Endocrinology 5th ed, Oxford, UK: Blackwell Publishing Ltd., 2007.
- J. C. Carel, E. A. Eugster, A. Rogol, L. Ghizzoni & M. R. Palmert, Consensus statement on the use of gonadotropin releasing hormone analogs in children, Pediatrics, Vol. 123, pp. 752-762. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2008-1783
- E. Codner, R. Roman, Premature thelarche from phenotype togenotype. Pediatric endocrinology reviews, Vol. 5, pp. 760-765, 2008.
- J. C. Carel, J. Leger, Precocious puberty. The New England journal of medicine, Vol. 358, pp. 2366-2377, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMcp0800459