- Volume 12 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Statistical Analysis of Radiologist's Journal: Focus on Journal of Korean Society of Computer Tomographic Technology
방사선사 학술지에 게재된 통계방법 분석: 대한전산화단층기술학회지 중심으로
- Kim, Sang-Hyun (Dept. of Radiology, Seoul National University Hospital) ;
- Lee, Mi-Hwa (Dept. of Health Care, Hanseo University)
- Received : 2014.06.12
- Accepted : 2014.09.20
- Published : 2014.09.28
The aim of this study was to investigate the statistical trend and errors of articles in the journal of Korean society of computed tomographic technology for contribution to the academic development of the professional society. Preliminary findings indicate that there are various statistical errors in the papers in the journal of Korean society of computed tomographic technology. Results suggest that the statistical education needs to be strengthened from university education to instructional course lecture of academic society. The improvement of the quality of the paper by improving awareness of the statistical error.
- D. G. Park, S. W. Shin, Y. G. Choi, Y. S. Kim, An assessment of statistical errors of articles in journal of korean academy of prosthodontics, JKAP, Vol. 47, No. 3, pp. 273-285, 2009. https://doi.org/10.4047/jkap.2009.47.3.273
- Y. G. .Park. Evaluation for validity of statistical method. J Korean Acad Fam Med, Vol. 27, pp. 93-96, 2006.
- Altman DG, Statistical reviewing for policeies medical journals, Journal of General Internal Medicine, Vol. 13, No. 11, pp. 753-756, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1525-1497.1998.00227.x
- H. J. Lee, Medical research and the use of statistical method, Seoul, Korea Medical Book Publisher, 2000.
- J. H. Choi, H. G. Kim, Scientific methodology and use of statistical methods, Seoul, Freedom Academy Pub Co, 1994.
- M. J. Kwak, H. Chae, H. R. Jung, H. Y. Ha, Y. J. Lee, A study on the statistical methods used in KCI listed journals of traditional korean nedicine from 1999 to 2008, Korea Journal of Oriental Medicine, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 55-64, 2012.
- M. S. Nam, B. O. Kim, C. K. Jeon, K. Y. Shin, K. Y. Han, Evaluation of statistical analysis of articles in journal of korean academy of periodontology, KPEIO, Vol. 30, No. 3, pp. 699-707, 2000.
- Y. J. Kim, H. S. Jang, B. O. Kim, Evaluation of statistical methods in journal of korean academy of periodontology published form 2000 to 2006, KPEIO, Vol. 39, No. 4, pp. 399-405, 2009.
- H. C. Park, D. H. Choi, S. V. Ahn, J. O. Kang, Statistical errors in papers published in journal of the korean society for therapeutic radiology and oncology. JKSTRO. Vol. 26, No. 4 pp. 289-294, 2008. https://doi.org/10.3857/jkstro.2008.26.4.289
- S. M. Lee, S. W. Lee, An assessment statistical validity of nursing researches published in korea from 1986 to 1995, Korea of Society Health informatics and statistic, Vol. 23, No. 1, pp. 42-64, 1999.
- Altman M, McDonlad MP, Choosing reliable statistical software, Political Science and Politics, Vol. 34, pp. 681-687, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1017/S1049096501001093
- Bailar JC 3rd, Frederick M, Guidelines for statistical reporting in articles for medical journals, Amplifications and Explanations. Ann Intern Med, Vol, 108, pp. 266-273, 1998.
- Y. O. Ahn, K. Y. Yoo, B. J. Park, Applied Medical statistics, revised edition, Seoul, Seoul National University Press, 2005.
- M. S. Song, C. S. Park, Introduction to nonparametric satistics, Seoul, Freedom Academy Pub, Co, 1998.
- H. J. Lee, D. H. Kim, Research methodology topics in statistics, Seoul, Freedom Academy Pub, Co, 2002.
- Y. K. Park, Statistical error of articles in January 2000, Journal of the Korean Academy of Family Medicine, Vol. 20, 412-413, 2000.