- Volume 12 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
The Study of Area-division Strategy for Medical Waste Disposal
의료폐기물 처리의 권역화 방안 연구
- Ahn, Sae-Hee (Graduate School, Sokang University) ;
- Ahn, Sang-Yoon (Dept. of Hospital Management, Konyang University)
- Received : 2014.06.14
- Accepted : 2014.09.20
- Published : 2014.09.28
It is different from other countries, they limit the possibility of long-distance travel of infectious waste by principles around treatment and recommend to use various techniques. Medical waste generated from the health medical institutions requires more thorough management because it causes potential danger to anybody exposed and also greatly harmful to natural ecosystems. The amendment bill of Wastes Control Act points out growing risk while consigning to remote waste treatment facilities because of the low processing cost and propose area-division as a solution. This study based on literature reviews, comparison of foreign countries and Korean acts. It requires area-division strategies as a suitable alternative considering the domestic situation.
area-division;infectious waste;medical waste;natural ecosystems;waste control act
- Young-Hun Kim, Hae-Jong Lee, Hospital Management of Ryu Seong Hum, Academya, 43, 2013.
- Young-Joon Seo, Shin-Hee Kang, Yeon-Hee Kim, Yong-Gyun Lee, Present and Future of Green Hospitals in Korea, Journal of the Korea Institute of Healthcare Architecture, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 43-53.
- Gyun-Seong Park.Tae-Sung Ham, Environmental Law, Bakyoungsa, 523, 2013.
- Jun-Hyeong Hong, Special Topics in Environmental Law, Bakyoungsa, pp. 375-376, 2013.
- Hyung-Suk Lee, Principle of Research Paper for Social Science, Hankyungsa, 22, 2009.
- Chang-Kyou Lee, Sun-Chul Whang, Management and Treatment of Medical Waste in Developed Countries, Health Sciences Research, 44, 1994.
- United Nations Environment Program, Technical Guidelines on the Environmentally Sound Management of Biomedical and Healthcare Activities, 2003.
- Mun-Seop Lee, A study on the medical waste management policies, Yonsei University, Graduate School of Engineering Master's thesis, pp. 22-24, 2009.
- World Health Organization, Safe Management of Wastes from Healthcare Activites, 2003.
- Institute of Medicine, Green Healthcare Institions - Health, Environment, and Economics, IOM, 2007.
- http://www.kwtimes.co.kr/bbs/board.php?bo_table=tb05&wr_id=13, improvement measure for medical waste self-disposal facility, 2010.
- Man-Woo Lee, Review of the medical waste-related health care institutions, National Assembly Research Service, pp. 5-6, 2009.
- Joo-Kyung Kim, The Concept and Contents of Constitutional Right to Health, Legal research, 23(4), 94, 2014.
- Jung-Kyu Kang, A Study on Environmental Information Disclosure of Hospitals, The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, 11(12), pp. 577-588, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.12.577
- Byung-Uk Ahn, Issue and Improvement Measure of Medical Waste Management, Healthcare Policy, 4(1), pp. 193-198, 2006.
- A Study of Nurses’ Knowledge, Attitude and Practice Regarding Medical Waste (Busan and Kyongnam Province University Hospitals) vol.11, pp.1, 2017, https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2017.11.1.079
- Factors affecting practice of infectious wastes management of dental professionals vol.42, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.11149/jkaoh.2018.42.4.175